Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had a scare with my heart 9 moths post up, but spent about 20 hours in hospital either way.

Weird NSV's,, not feeling guilty as they pushed me down the halls in the stretchers.

Not having to wear the "bigger, different gown"

No need for the bigger BP cuff.

Now for the really weird one, I wear a hair piece in the front because at 7 months I lost my bangs. Well I have SUPER UBER SELF CONSCIOUS about this! So I have to a head cat scan and suddenly I remember I have it on and I have to stop the the scan to I can remove it, well when it was done suddenly the tech and a "transporter" are telling me it is done and I am saying don't look, I have to put this back on. On the way back to the ER the Transporter, and Asian male ( I think) stops my gurney and in empty hall and says the following to me. " Don't be worried about your outside when you are such a beautiful person on in side it shine all around you" I was move to tears and told him my story and told him I had been feeling so guilty about feeling so self conscious about my hair when there are woman with cancer who loose all theirs. Then he says to me " My dear that is what makes you a beautiful person".

I made sure to tell my nurse what a nice man he was, but honestly I am going to write a letter to the hospital with the times and date and make sure he and some very other nice people at the hospital are recongnized, as it was a new hospital for me and very very long time since I felt so good about visiting a hospital. They have won my business.

Not too weird at all. I'm glad things were resolved with nothing major...

Good for you writing a letter...sometimes people make a difference and never know it. And for what it's worth, your inside beauty DOES shine here too!

Not too weird at all. I'm glad things were resolved with nothing major...

Good for you writing a letter...sometimes people make a difference and never know it. And for what it's worth, your inside beauty DOES shine here too!

Thank you, I have yet to see it myself :)

Weird NSV's,, not feeling guilty as they pushed me down the halls in the stretchers.

Yeah, seems like I would always have the smallest attendant on the planet pushing my fat a$$ down the hall in a chair or gurney too. It must be a cinch for them now.

Not having to wear the "bigger, different gown"

Yeah, mine used to be as big as a tent and I still had a breeze in the back! It was embarrassing having to wait while they fetched the "special" gowns for me.

No need for the bigger BP cuff.

I always hated this, I had a stress test last sumer, they had to put the cuff on my forearm because they couldn't find the jumbo cuff - and I KNOW it doesn't work right there. Makes me wonder if the entire test was even remotely correct using it there.

Great NSV's - keep 'em comin'!

what a wonderful story. And yes we do forget how beautiful we are on the inside! I guess I have through this journey been trying to love myself no matter what size I am. I encourage you to do the same you are now beautiful on the inside and out! Thanks for the great story.

Oh, Myrori, I have been following you on here for months and can honestly say the attendant is absolutely correct. Beauty is all about what you have on the inside and it shines through and you have it in abundance!