Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Needing Encouragment!

I received my band on March 23, I was doing great lost 42 pounds then all of a sudden I was at a major stand still. I have had 2 adjustments and still no weight loss. My doctor tells me it is still not where it should be and I am having another adjustment next week. I am worried that I am eating out of stress and what if the adjustments don't help.....i am in panic mode right now and I just need to know if anyone else has felt like this and will this fear calm down once my band is filled to where it needs to be.

I am a newbie and have not had a fill. But, I have heard that for some of us it may take 3 to 5 fills to get to restriction. I know my surgeon tends to be conservative in his approach, so I'm telling myself it may take awhile. Make sure your not taking in high calorie liquid foods - shakes, creamy Soups, ice cream, etc.- they slip right past the band and pack the weight on.

Let us know how you do. It's a different journey for everyone - but we all have the same goal - a new healthy, slimmer us!

Terry :eek:

Terry,

You seam to be right on target with your weight loss. As a matter of fact, maybe slightly higher than most bandsters who have not reached proper restriction.

In the beginning I was losing 5/8lbs a month and I was fustrated because I didn't have proper restriction but I was still following all the rules. Please be patient and try to stay within the calorie limit your doctor has set for you. This is truly a tool and in order for it to work for us we must do our part. I know from experience it's not always easy but we've been through a lot not to help our tool succeed.

I am almost at my goal and I haven't lost a pound in over 3 weeks, do I need a fill? Yes, I could stand one but I just love the way I feel right now so if I continue to maintain and be able to eat health and every once in a while have something off plan and still maintain, then I am happy. The good part is that you are not gaining.

Also, do you workout? If not, that will really help. Are you getting in enough calories? I have had my most successful weight loss weeks when I ate above 1000 calories a day.

It's fustrating sometimes but you can do it, hang in there cause you have done an excellent job.

You have lost a ton of weight. Good for you!

As you read various threads you will see that most people lose initially easily (with exception of myself). The vast majority have to put in alot of work to keep the loss coming off.

Your fills will help you out, but it is up to you to do the work.

I am sure that you can do it and you are already off to an excellent start. I wish I were in your shoes.

I was banded last Wednesday, I cannot even imagine getting a Fill. I am on this liquid diet only eating 4 oz of liquids at atime. I get full right away, But an hour or so later I am starving!

Is there any in between of just being .o,K?

I was banded last Wednesday, I cannot even imagine getting a Fill. I am on this liquid diet only eating 4 oz of liquids at atime. I get full right away, But an hour or so later I am starving!

Is there any in between of just being .o,K?

Mr. Yo,

Believe me that will change once the swelling goes down. In a couple of weeks you will difinately want a fill just like most of us. Enjoy this time now when you don't have a desire to have any food.

Hi Tearby,

You have done really well so far! you've been averaging more than 10 pounds a month! Wowzers! Sometimes we need the plateaus so our body can catch up with itself. You didn't say how long it's been since you had a fill, or how far apart the fills were.

Please don't get discouraged, this is part of the journey for so many bandsters.

Be kind to yourself.

Hi there Tearby,

I think you've done wonderfully. Just try not to expect so much. It will all be gone in no time you can tell by how you've already been losing. When they hit that sweet spot it will all start coming off again. Just keep your chin up. I think that positive thinking helps about as well as anything.

Thankyou everyone for the support. I went today for my 3rd adjustment and I think this is gonna be the one that helps. My doctor said that it was really tight and he said maybe even too tight but he wants me on liquids for 2 weeks to see how it does this tight. I am excited because I drank a low carb slimfast shake about 1 hour ago and it took me along time to drink it and I am still full from it. I am feeling better about this already. Thanks again...........I love this forum it feel like family here!!

Tearby, relax and go take a nice walk. Remember why you were banded in the first place and set the future that way. Don't live in the regrets of what you haven't done. Live in the now and you can get on track. Just use the restriction and avoid the bad foods like sugar and carbs. You can do this.