Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

Hey guys, I was 2 years out since my sleeve surgery on Dec. 8th. I actually got down to 169# this summer around July-August, but since my mom's passing in August, I have gained 9#. I have gotten in the bad habit of grazing. I usually don't eat anything for Breakfast. I tend to just drink my coffee with a rtu lean muscle milk added to it. Love this because I can drink my coffee and my muscle milk for breakfast, and in turn get 25 grams of Protein. That jumps starts my metabolism. Good luck with your weight loss.

I wish there was a delete button. I just completely messed up my post.

My friend and i both gained around 25 lbs back by just eating little but slmetimes bad choices like a junior burger or ice cream here and there

The gaining is slow but its scary

Im now back on diet and trying to lose again

It's really easy to gain weight back after about 2 years. I work out just as much but if I let myself have any treats, I easily gain a couple of lbs and it's really hard for it to take back off now even if I eat right and exactly on plan. GRRR!angry_smile.gif I guess my body wants that 800 calories from the losing stage permanently now sad.png

I refuse to gain 25 though.

Sleeved February 22, 2011

Weight Loss - 136 lbs

Consistently losing - I've had no weight gain at all

I weigh myself once a week just to see if there is any difference - had a few plateaus and didn't lose any but no gains.....yeah!!

I am just barely 6 mths out and the weight loss has really really come to a slow. During the past couple of weeks, I actually gained 4# with the various treats non-stop at the office. I think I can gain weight just looking at bad food. Thankfully, I got it under control and lost it now. It's time to crank it up a notch and loose the last 45#!!! Winter time is much harder for me because it forces me inside more. It helps when I can be outside doing the mowing and other things that help burn the calories.

When I saw doc at 2 weeks I was 19 lbs down when I started mush I went up one lb but then started down again. So now in 3d week total 24.6 down. My docs always told me not to worry about one lb up OR down so its really the weekly measure that counts. Still I watch the scale like a hawk. And after exercise today, I bet its down again.

1-5 lbs still seems to be the normal yayyyy! So good to hear this.

My lowest weight was 144.7 and I last weighed 145.9 (weekly weigh in). This is with NO dieting at all (still blows my mind), but I still have pretty good restriction at 16 months out. I pray it stays this way.

Been following this forum since the beginning and posted here also. Am at 18 mos out. Reached goal (150) around 9 mos out. Lost 100lbs. I'm wondering what you guys who are 16+ mos out are eating on a regular basis and not gaining/ or even dieting. I've gained 10-12 lbs and know I am eating too much "junk" at this stage. How many calories, etc are you able to eat and NOT gain? I feel pretty sure that I will quickly lose this if I cut back on carbs (which I intend to do starting next week!) but would still like to get a TRUE idea of how long-termers are maintaining. I have truly discovered that you can "take the stomach out of the girl" but the brain still tells her to eat junk! lol Also, seems that I have very good restriction still if it is dense Protein but since cant eat but a few bites of it, I tend to want to eat every two hours or so. Suggestions? And no, I have not been exercising faithfully in the last few months either.

I would like to know the same thing. I know people who were sleeved around the same time as me (more than 2 years out) and are like me, struggling to maintain their weight loss. I know someone who has also gained back more than 25 lbs. She is about 3 years out.

Been following this forum since the beginning and posted here also. Am at 18 mos out. Reached goal (150) around 9 mos out. Lost 100lbs. I'm wondering what you guys who are 16+ mos out are eating on a regular basis and not gaining/ or even dieting. I've gained 10-12 lbs and know I am eating too much "junk" at this stage. How many calories, etc are you able to eat and NOT gain? I feel pretty sure that I will quickly lose this if I cut back on carbs (which I intend to do starting next week!) but would still like to get a TRUE idea of how long-termers are maintaining. I have truly discovered that you can "take the stomach out of the girl" but the brain still tells her to eat junk! lol Also, seems that I have very good restriction still if it is dense Protein but since cant eat but a few bites of it, I tend to want to eat every two hours or so. Suggestions? And no, I have not been exercising faithfully in the last few months either.

I would like to know the same thing. I know people who were sleeved around the same time as me (more than 2 years out) and are like me, struggling to maintain their weight loss. I know someone who has also gained back more than 25 lbs. She is about 3 years out.

OK I have a few questions for you ladies, by chance do you drink with your meals? This is something I do not do. I literally watch the clock from the last bite then 30 minutes later I'm good to go, but even then I really can't drink a whole lot. I'm just wondering if this could be an issue for you both? Also, do you eat your dinner late? We typically have dinner at around 5:15 pm M-F and on the weekends it varies from 5pm-7pm. I'm also wondering if this would be a factor. One last question, did you lose quickly or slowly? I lost slowly. The last months literally 1-2 lbs. a month. Just wondering.

Oregondaisy can you share information on what you know about the person who gained back 25 lbs., as far as what the main reasons/issues were???

Man if we can figure this out, it would be a HUGE help for all of us.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, 2 more questions...do you drink alcohol? I do not. Or take any special medication? I do not.

Again, just wondering and trying to figure this out!

Thanks!

I don't drink with my meals. I don't drink alcohol at all. I usually eat around 5pm and have 100 calorie pack of almonds around 8pm.

The reason my friend gained weight back is because after awhile, she could eat bigger portions. I really do think it's easy to gain weight back because it's really hard to maintain and eat such few calories.

As a relative newbie I am wondering @ how much people are actually consuming who are more advanced than the first few weeks. There seems to be a real disconnect between my mouth and my stomach. I feel something in my stomach and cannot identify it as "full" but just let's say 'xxx' and yet, my mouth will want to have more and more shoveled in. I had the grocer cut up prepared grilled salmon into 2 oz chunks. I ate one yesterday (even tho I wasn't supposed to start til today) and then followed that with almost 3/4 can artichoke hearts (canned veggies permitted) and an ice pop. I couldn't finish the pop. It started coming back on me. But my mouth wanted more. I kept thinking I will feel better if I swallow this or that. As it turnedout, I couldn't even take my meds last nite...no room.

I am still looking for a shrink for support and still breaking off with the old one who is ill and still astounded that I could go thru all the abuse of surgery and not be able to disciplin myself better.

I'm not even sure what I feel....

Do wish there was a databank of shrinks who specalize in bariatrics...

I don't drink with my meals. I don't drink alcohol at all. I usually eat around 5pm and have 100 calorie pack of almonds around 8pm.

The reason my friend gained weight back is because after awhile, she could eat bigger portions. I really do think it's easy to gain weight back because it's really hard to maintain and eat such few calories.

I know I can definitely eat a lot more this Holiday than last. I think it also has a lot to do with metabolism further out, and how much junk food one really is eating. I ate a lot of junk the last few days. At this time of the month, historically speaking is when I lose the most weight. This month I've lost a half pound, so to me that is maintaining.

I do have a very high metabolism and I do workout quite a bit (in case anyone didn't know..LOL ;) )

For me, Winter and most especially the entire month of December is always been the hardest for me. My husband and I were just talking about this the other day when I told him I maintained. I told him that was so great because normally Dec has me gaining 10 Lbs at the very least.

I am really glad I didn't gain anything this holiday season. I really can't afford to eat junk food cause it's now a lot harder for me to lose it if I gain a few pounds by eating stuff I'm not supposed to eat. I am just thrilled that I didn't gain anything from going away to Disneyland even though I ate out for all meals this past week.

I refuse to buy new pants!!