Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

I fluctuate during the week within the 5 lbs but always have had a loss. Some weeks more than others but it has been a downward trend for me for now.

Ok I think I have to change my answer. I just gained 7.5 Lbs in a matter of 3 hours... haha!!! :P

What did you do girlfriend!? Drink a gallon of salt water!? Perhaps you forgot to take off the new cowboy boots?

but I do see less loss with fewer bowel movements, sorry if TMI. As long as stuff is moving along, I seem to be heading in the right direction, and when stuff isn't moving, the scale doesn't, either.

/quote]

Hiya MeginNOLA,

I am suffering with Constipation, and have been doing so on and off for months... I have had trouble throughout all my adult life but it is really bad at the moment. I think I might have a form of IBS... I have started taking peppermint tea, green tea and colpermine tabs to see if that helps.

For a long time my hubby has said the same as you... he thinks that the irregular BM are impacting on my weight loss? He can vouch for my determination over the last 13mths since I got my sleeve!!

Do you really see a difference when you 'don't go'? I am a slow loser and I have been racking my brains as to why 'cos I am ticking all the boxes 95% of the time! Sorry for such a personal question =/

What did you do girlfriend!? Drink a gallon of salt water!? Perhaps you forgot to take off the new cowboy boots?

I think it was due to her surgery for the ta-ta's. :lol:

I think it was due to her surgery for the ta-ta's. :lol:

hahahahaha! I forgot about that....ohmy.gifohmy.gif

hahahahaha! I forgot about that....ohmy.gifohmy.gif

More like this...

:blink: :blink:

or

B) B)

heehee!!!

How do you get those ticker to show up?????? I like them and see them all over this website, so you would think it would be easy. I can't figure it out. Thanks so much.....:)

May you could add an option for none as most people do not gain weight. I have gained none. It does fluctuate 2 pounds close to the mentrual period as normal but it goes away in a couple of days. :D

I had my surgery march 2010 I went from 280 down to 160. I go up and down depending on the kind of calories I consume. If I don't concentrate on Protein and eat sweets and junk I can climb. It's very easy to take off once I refocus though. I am at 162 as of today but last week was at 167.... I was obviously getting off track but caught myself and am now refocused!!;)

This is really encouraging data sleeve family! Thank you! So far, so good with me. Still bouncing back and forth 1-3 lbs. Before I could easily gain 5 lbs. in ONE DAY! EASILY! And that was with some restraint even :(...So I just can't tell you how grateful I am for my sleevie wonder sniff, sniff.

Hi everyone, on my 1 week post-op which was Tuesday September 13 I was 320. On yesterday I was 325 but this morning I was at 321, not sure why this is happening. Maybe it has to due with my period, I know its not the Clear liquids.

Just for perspective, I remember when I was in my early 20's I would fluctuate between 112 and 115 pounds. Never more, never less - for several years. I think it is completely normal to fluctuate about 5 pounds.

At this point I am still losing and I only weigh once every 2 or 3 weeks. I can't weigh daily - it really means nothing to me. I want to know real progress, not if I had too much burrito the night before. I will say that I will weigh myself the morning after I have had a particularly good BM session - not the day of the session, but the morning after. It seems to clear everything out and I always weigh less. I only weigh first thing in the morning (before showers, Water, or anything else) and I weigh myself in just my undies (no jewelry or clothes). I absolutely DO NOT weigh myself around the time of my period. Who needs the pressure?

Good luck with your research :-)

I weighed in at 205.6 today. My start for the challenge was 210. So I have lost 4.5 so far. Woohoo!

At ~18 mos. out, I haven't gained an ounce. I've lost more than 120 lbs. and am still losing.

Who knows, ten years out might be a different story, but I'm perfectly willing to lose 130-140 pounds and gain back 10-15!