Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

I am so glad to see that others have gained a few pounds after the sleeve. I am 2 weeks and 1 day post op and my scale has creeped up 5 pounds. I thought I was going crazy. I have just started mushy food today, I tried a bit of scambled eggs but other than that I have been drinking crystal light and protien shakes (60 grams of protien) and clear Soup. Is there anything other I can do to turn the scale around going down that I have not tried.

I am so glad to see that others have gained a few pounds after the sleeve. I am 2 weeks and 1 day post op and my scale has creeped up 5 pounds. I thought I was going crazy. I have just started mushy food today, I tried a bit of scambled eggs but other than that I have been drinking crystal light and protien shakes (60 grams of protien) and clear Soup. Is there anything other I can do to turn the scale around going down that I have not tried.

Scale don't move unless I do. In other words: exercise. I'm going to see doc for 2d month f/u on Tuesday. (12/5 was date of surgery). I'm 45# down. Doc wanted 60. Guess I'm "in for it". But seriously, I have pers trnr 3x week and 3x on my own. Land and Water exercises. Yesterday was able to walk 5 blocks with walker! Even with all the gym/pool exercising, I have a hrd time walking outdoors.

Hi everyone! I have never posted on this board but have followed for a long time. I am 3 years out on the 12th of January and have not had any regain. I am 5'7 and weigh about 132 pounds. I still have a lot of restriction and am limited to no more than 3 ounces of solid Protein and a few bites of veggies and/or starch. I still focus my diet around lean cuts of Protein (chicken, beef, pork, fish), produce, eggs and dairy. I also still start most days with a Protein shake. I exercise about 4 times a week (cardio and weight lifting). I eat about 1400 to 1500 calories a day and have treats occasionally. I am very conscious about what I eat because I've seen too many people regain from losing focus. After 2 years or so, I believe it's much easier to gain if you're not caeful. It is definitely possible to gain weight but it's also very possible to keep it off. It just takes determination.

That is GREAT! Congrats!!!

I'm 8 months in maintenance and I'm still bouncing between 144-148, so still in the 1-5 lb gain...so far, so good.

I have kept my weight the same but i work out daily.. droping from 374lbs to 180lbs in just eight months was alot to adapt to. But when i eat i try to base most of my foods on protien based meals and complex carbs. mon-fri eating ten or so 1lb meals every few hours. weekends i eat whatever i want. at week ten i went to the high protien diet mentioned above from the low carb no sugar diet. Adding complex carbs as well.. That allowed me to build muscle that fixed my loose skin issues and science tells us bigger muscles burn more fat and make your motabolism race. If i dont eat ten meals a day I will loose 3-5lbs in a few days. today I am 230lbs with an almost perfect body looking to gain an inch in my chest to finish the loose skin from the man boobs and im only in 14months now. The key to all this has been diet & not starving yourself. The best advice i can give to people who are battling with hunger is to eat but eat right get some myofusion shake mix online 5lbs 35$ and have one for Breakfast and one at night this will get you started in the am right also great to knock the edge off in the pm before bed. also add liquid vitamins and bam mix it up... This has been my normal daily routine from early on and has become something i look forward to now..I only said myofusion because its what i use and it has the best taste and value but you can really use anything with low carb/sugar im sure and for Multi Vitamins im using megaman gold powder.. hope this helps..

I'm just past three weeks but have been having a weird up-and-down where my scale fluctuates 6-7 pounds in a single day. I'm not taking in that much in liquids (though I wish I were getting more than I am!), so I don't really understand it. It's not everyday, and I'm post-menopausal, so it's really odd. I've been checking my weight in the mornings just to keep an ongoing record and am not obsessing about it, but I wondered if anyone else is going through this kind of thing since this post seemed like the right place to ask.

it will be crazy for the first few monthes.. just focus more on Water consumption five or so bottles a day and crystal light popcycles work wonders...your liver is prossesing what it has been unable to due to you regular lifestyle but now your system is moving in the right direction try to walk and try to work out slowly with rubberband workouts at home. drink some kind of low carb low sugar shake. I use myofusion and i love it also i ad my Multivitamins and this gives me what i need health wise and they are the only thing i have found that taste good so its like a snack..

..... mon-fri eating ten or so 1lb meals every few hours. weekends i eat whatever i want......... If i dont eat ten meals a day I will loose 3-5lbs in a few days.....

You are eating 10 pounds of food a day!? Wow! I am lucky if I eat over one pound of solids in a day...

I see a lot of people posting that they haven't gained any weight back who are less than 2 years out. I didn't have any trouble what so ever during the first 2 years. It's just been this last year now that I am close to 3 years out that it seems like it's really easy to gain if I eat one thing wrong. Before, if I had a bad day, it came right off the next day. This just doesn't happen now, so I must watch every single bite I put in my mouth cause it's very difficult to take off even 2 lbs if I have a bad eating day.

I wish I could go back to how it was the first two years :(

I see a lot of people posting that they haven't gained any weight back who are less than 2 years out. I didn't have any trouble what so ever during the first 2 years. It's just been this last year now that I am close to 3 years out that it seems like it's really easy to gain if I eat one thing wrong. Before, if I had a bad day, it came right off the next day. This just doesn't happen now, so I must watch every single bite I put in my mouth cause it's very difficult to take off even 2 lbs if I have a bad eating day.

I wish I could go back to how it was the first two years :(

This is what I have seen in studies too, a three year bounce is common.

I continue to struggle. Even with going to the gym about 5 days per week, I can't seem to get my metabolism going well enough to allow me to even eat the 1200-1300 calories that the nutritionist said I need to eat every day. I am one of the ones who didn't necessarily lose all of the hunger (not nearly what it was before the surgery but clearly still there)so it always amazes me when others say "oh, I forgot to eat all day. . .". I am up about 11 lbs and have been tracking my weight daily for two months now just to try to figure out a pattern (what I eat or not eat, whether I go to the gym or not, etc. . .) and I am staying within a 2-3 pound range (still up from my low point)so I know I need to do something different than what I am doing. Went on Jenny Craig for a month to see if that would shake anything up but nothing. It's like my body found it's happy place and is staying there. Problem is that it is not MY happy place - still need to lose another 40-45 lbs. UGH. Sometimes I need to just stop thinking about it because it is getting depressing.

At almost three years, I found myself struggling, but a lot of it was due to depression and major back issues. Now that I am past that, I bought a fitbit, and I have to say in just a few weeks this little device has changed my life. I didn't realize just how sedentary I was at work. I now make a point of parking farther away, walking to the furthest bathroom, climbing the stairs and in general, just to move more. I also log all my food on their site. Every day, I was coming in way below what they recommend I needed to be eating. So, as an experiment, I upped my calorie intake to what it suggested I should be eating based on my age, weight, and the daily activity level data it gathered from my fitbit. I was amazed that by eating more, I kick-started my weight loss again. I have lost seven pounds since doing this. So, maybe I just wasn't eating enough to really get my metabolism going.

Susan, what is fit bit?

Hi everyone,

I was sleeved with Dr. Aceves in January 14th of this year and am working out 5 days a week 2 days Water aerobics and the others ont he treadmill, elliptical and weights. I have lost 27 pounds and I am happy but I seem to be stuck and don;t know if it is from working out or am I doing something I should not be doing? I need advice

:wacko:

Hi everyone,

I was sleeved with Dr. Aceves in January 14th of this year and am working out 5 days a week 2 days Water aerobics and the others ont he treadmill, elliptical and weights. I have lost 27 pounds and I am happy but I seem to be stuck and don;t know if it is from working out or am I doing something I should not be doing? I need advice

:wacko:

Me too. 12/5. 60grms Protein daily work out 5 to 6 times a week. 53# loss and stuck since 2/18. Heeeeeeelp