Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Plastics Journey - My first one (of several)

Woah, I totally missed this thread as I don't go in this forum very often.....You look great! TBH, I had no idea Lipo could look so good on a WLS patient....I would've expected the skin to sag, which is my big reason for not doing it. But after seeing your results, I guess I was wrong! Do you have any photos of your inner thighs? That's my problem area and it's tough to tell how much fat vs. loose skin is in there. I'd be interested in seeing how that area looks after lipo, as I'm afraid of trading soft flab for wrinkly, saggy skin - which would be a downtrade in my books! If you don't want to post them publicly, you can PM me - I'd appreciate seeing them. It's hard to find good post-WLS photos of lipo online.

How come I cant see any pics? Am I not doing something right, I even refreshed the page?? IM NEW LOL

I haven't looked at this post in a while, but Irene, you are looking FAB!!!!

My surgeon keeps pushing me to do plastics, but I'm undecided. I'm going to just live for a while and take things as they come. He thinks my arms/legs look great but is encouraging Tummy Tuck, etc. There is sooooooo much to consider. Thanks, as always, for posting about your journey for us!

Only when you're ready my dear! I'm ready to do my arms now. Oh yeah! Haha! A new thread awaits. *hugs*

Oh I so understand the boob part' date=' I was telling the hubby tonite I have to get a new bra they shrunk again n I'm sure there's sum men out there who's boobs are bigger then mine. My legs are almost exaclty like ur just higher above the knee. Keep us posted on what the surgeon says, I go for my consult on the 11th.[/quote']

What did you wind up doing? I will need a boob job. Losing volume but gravity setting in!

Oh I so understand the boob part' date=' I was telling the hubby tonite I have to get a new bra they shrunk again n I'm sure there's sum men out there who's boobs are bigger then mine. My legs are almost exaclty like ur just higher above the knee. Keep us posted on what the surgeon says, I go for my consult on the 11th.[/quote']

What did you wind up doing? I will need a boob job. Losing volume but gravity setting in!

I am so excited to see pics!!!! Congrats!!!

I am so excited to see pics!!!! Congrats!!!

Thank you so much :D I've been through it all! Pain physically, emotionally - but I always come out of every situation stronger than I went in. With God by my side, I will NEVER go wrong. When is your surgery??

Girl congratulations! I am wondering where in the world the breasts are being done? That is a GREAT price from what little I know!

Yes, it was a promotional price. He is an excellent surgeon, FACS and I even know someone who had theirs done by him. It was a no brainer for me! ;)

Jeesh if you find another promo price, IM me pls! That's awesome!

I'm so glad I used the search feature and found this thread! I read every bit of it. Diva,,girl you are such an inspiration. I'm going to need so much work, you really give me hope. You look amazing and every time you posted, you explained everything so clearly..I felt like I was in the same room with ya.lol After all is said and done, if I look even close to as good as you do, I'd be thrilled!! I hope I can find a good PS in Ky..that makes me so nervous. Do you have any tips to hand out in how to find a good surgeon? Do you know much about full body lifts? I watched an online video of one and could hardly watch the screen,,it made me kinda sick. I've had several surgeries, I can tolerate pain pretty well but wow,,I just don't know. But I have so much cellulite, I don't know what other options would help me. Thanks so much for sharing your story..it was such good reading I couldn't stop for a second...maybe a book is in your future :)

I'm so glad I used the search feature and found this thread! I read every bit of it. Diva,,girl you are such an inspiration. I'm going to need so much work, you really give me hope. You look amazing and every time you posted, you explained everything so clearly..I felt like I was in the same room with ya.lol After all is said and done, if I look even close to as good as you do, I'd be thrilled!! I hope I can find a good PS in Ky..that makes me so nervous. Do you have any tips to hand out in how to find a good surgeon? Do you know much about full body lifts? I watched an online video of one and could hardly watch the screen,,it made me kinda sick. I've had several surgeries, I can tolerate pain pretty well but wow,,I just don't know. But I have so much cellulite, I don't know what other options would help me. Thanks so much for sharing your story..it was such good reading I couldn't stop for a second...maybe a book is in your future :)

Hey lady! Here's what I would look for as far as a total body lift (actually IS what I've considered):

~FACS Only... IMO... When it comes to something like skin removal, I will only choose the very best. I don't care about the cost, and if that means I have to wait a little longer to save up and have it done, that's what I will do!

~Who does the Surgeon majority patients come from? Is he/she extremely proficient with skin removal of bariatric or extreme weight loss patients?

~Judge by the Befores and Afters. If they provide a lot you will usually find they do an excellent job. They have many positive photos to share.

~Once you narrow the Surgeons down, ask if you can get in touch with a former client. Ask them a lot of questions. on demeanor and technique. It depends what you prefer. I always prefer surgeons with moderate to good beside manner. :)

Things I'm not sure you've thought of:

~Little things such as working out and staying well hydrated will help a lot with skin. It is best to wait up to 2 years post GOAL WEIGHT before attempting skin removal. Giving our skin as much time as possible to retract will ultimately help with the results.

~I will be using Dr. Katzen out of Los Angeles California. He is known all across the United States as one of the premier skin removal post extreme weight loss surgeons at this time. I believe there is one out of Texas which is much closer to you, though I can't think of his name at the moment.

~All the very best to you! You're doing fabulous, and you've been through a lot and for that I offer you big (((hugs)))!!! You deserve the very best!

Thank you so much, that will be very helpful information. I don't plan on doing anything for a while,,I have a long time till I reach my goal weight then the time it takes to see what my skin will do. I am excercising but not sure how well that will work for me..my age, a long time I stayed obese..as well as I yo yo'd my whole life but I am working very hard. After watching the highly invasive surgery online,,I just don't know if I could go through with it. You poor thing, you went through so much but you look so darn fantabulous,,I know all the pain would be worth it, I'm sure. Can you tell me what the requirements are? I have alot of health issues and I'm not sure if I would even be a good candidate..what do they ask and expect of a patient? Hope you don't mind me asking all these questions,,you are such a perfect source for info :)

Thank you so much, that will be very helpful information. I don't plan on doing anything for a while,,I have a long time till I reach my goal weight then the time it takes to see what my skin will do. I am excercising but not sure how well that will work for me..my age, a long time I stayed obese..as well as I yo yo'd my whole life but I am working very hard. After watching the highly invasive surgery online,,I just don't know if I could go through with it. You poor thing, you went through so much but you look so darn fantabulous,,I know all the pain would be worth it, I'm sure. Can you tell me what the requirements are? I have alot of health issues and I'm not sure if I would even be a good candidate..what do they ask and expect of a patient? Hope you don't mind me asking all these questions,,you are such a perfect source for info :)

Of course I don't mind :)

Breast augmentation is considered a fast and standard procedure. It is done unde general anesthesia and surgery time was about 45 minutes I believe. Anyway it's just basic health, EKG and blood tests. My contouring was local anesthetic but honestly its really tough recovery. I felt sick physically but was able to overcome it in a few days.