Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are some of your favorite films?

I am a movie maniac. Independent films are what help me breath. What are some of your favorite movies. Any of them actually move you or change the way you think? Maybe they just give you a great chuckle. Share with everone, maybe we can all end up finding new films we love. some of mine are

Hedwig and the angry inch

Breakfast on Pluto

On the edge

velvet goldmine

party monster

intermission

I love local Australian films. YOu guys missed the joys of Puberty Blues over there back in the late 70's, its hilarious. You may have heard of Kathy Lette though, one of the writers.

I love movies which highlight Australian suburban culture, they bring my youth back to me in a wonderfully nostalgic way. I love recognising landmarks, place I've been and the Australian film style is so wonderfully laid back and understated. Being a teenager in suburban Australia is a wonderful experience. Panel vans and boob tubes and chico rolls and Big M's and all the good stuff, but it makes no sense to the rest of the world.

In fact its always rather sad when actors like Nicole Kidman sell out and go Hollywood. I'd rather we kept our talent all to ourselves!

I enjoyed "Silence of the Lambs" and the old classic, "To Kill a Mockingbird."

I have so many favorite movies....Underworld I & II, Blade (all), Interview With a Vampire, Queen of the Damned, Bram Stoker's Dracula....uh oh I see a pattern! I love vampire movies the most but I do have a lot of other favs....Braveheart, Terms of Endearment, Titanic, Imitation of Life, Gone With the Wind, Sleepless in Seattle, The Skeleton Key, The Big Easy....The list goes on and on....:)

jachut i also love the australian shows. I loved the man from snowy river in fact just watched it again this week. I loved one of your shows you have there McLeods Daughter but they took it off in season 3 here in the U.S. so i payed a small fortune for s4 and hopeful of watching s5 and 6 and think you will be seeing a s7 really enjoy that show wish they would show more australian shows here on our cable. Just wanted you to know think you are so right in that they are just simple and really enjoy seenig the country.

In no particular order...

Life as a House

Last of the Mohicans

Donnie Darko

The Life of David Gale

The Professional

Session 9

Dogville

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Big Fish

The United States of Leland

Requiem for a Dream

Memento

Napoleon Dynamite

Le Pacte des Loups

and on, and on...

I love Miss Congeniality, Sandra Bullock kills me. I laugh every time I watch it.I also love all of the Lethal Weapons and The Wizard of Oz.

Braveheart

Steel Magnolias

Terms of Endearment

Hope Floats

Dazed and Confused

Man Without a Face

Wuthering Heights

.. that's a start..

ps: you can have Russell Crowe. He's a big hairy bogan. Yuck. Plus he's not an Aussie anyway really, he's a New Zealander.

I love movies as well. I love anything with Johnny Depp or Drew Barrimore in it.

My favorites of the the 2 actors would have to be both Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Benny and Joon, chocolate, From Hell, Finding Neverland, Edward Scissorhands, Ever After, Never been Kissed. Movie favorites that don't have either of them in it include Robin Hood men in tights, Goonies, The princess diaries 1 & 2, Confessions of a teenage drama queen, Elle enchanted, Star wars series, Haggard, CKY 1-4. I could go on but I will stop there, LOL.

Johnny Depp is one actor we can all be proud of:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: . His acting is amazing, he truely becomes those characters. When you see alot of mainstream film you find the actor is just acting out the emotion (I am not knocking mainstream:nervous ). Not the character actually being there. Johnny is always a complete package. I am a huge fan of John Waters. He is the director and writer of, crybaby. That was the first time I really saw him. Then of course Edward Scissorhand, Also one of my favs:D . My point is I also love him:o .lol

Hey Hedwig,

I have wondered if your LBT name was inspired by Hedwig and the Angry Inch. I love that movie. We bought our own copy soon after we saw it. I didn't want to ask you for fear that it was not where you got the name and then you decided to watch it. It is definately a movie that is not for everyone. I'm glad to find another fan.

Some of my other favorites are:

Lost Boys, Goonies, chocolate, Finding Neverland, The Sound of Music, Dogma and Signs

Heck yeah I love that movie!!! I tell anyone to watch it, they can make of it what they want. lol. I found it meant alot to me. I like films that you really have to understand and find some kind of common ground with the character. Or films that really move you. John Cameron Mitchells acting in Hedwig was so moving. I couldn't take my eyes off him. If you liked Hedwig you should see Breakfast on Pluto. Cillian Murphy is hands down one of my favorite actors.

Movies!!! I love movies!

My favorites:

Office Space

Dogma

Crash

The Princess Bride

Southern Comfort (documentary)

really, pretty much any documentary

American Beauty

American History X

Death to Smoochy

The life of David Gale

Election

Ok, I think that is all. for now.

I use American Beauty to decide if I want to watch movies with my friends. If you loved it, then I know that we will have similar tastes, if you hated it, the I just don't watch movies with you, because you have bad taste. :heh: :heh: :heh:

I'll have to put Breakfast on Pluto on my netflix cue. I've never heard of it.

We watched Mad Hot Ballroom last night and I really loved it! I don't know that I would put it on my "all time favorites" list, but, it was a really good movie. My 10 year old son even enjoyed it!