Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Already have a pannus, am I doomed to need a tummy tuck?

After my first son was born (via c/section) my stomach was obliterated. I have stretch marks from groin to less than an inch below my TTs and as an additional parting gift he left me with a "fat pouch" (grade 2 pannus) "anchored" at the point of the incision. It has not budged since then. At one point I lost 23 pound and several inches from my waist and still wore the same size pants. One doc said I will likely need a Tummy Tuck to remove it But other have said that once I lose weight it may snap back. What has been the experience for you all? If you had excess skin to begin with did it snap back or did it have to be removed?

I just hate it SOOOOO much. To this date my c/s scar is still raw and painful because of the moisture that is trapped there. I have tried everything to alleviate the moisture but nothing I have tried has worked. I have tried baby powder, absorbent material, deodorant, gold bond powder, etc. Anything I could think of. Has anything worked for any of you (seeing as how I have to put up with this until after I lose the weight and possibly until I get surgery)?

Any info would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

You might try a product called Ziasorb. Also I have a friend that uses stuff call "No more Monkey Butt." She swears by it but the name.....

Khy

You might try a product called Ziasorb. Also I have a friend that uses stuff call "No more Monkey Butt." She swears by it but the name.....

Khy

No more monkey butt??? I am a little scared to see what that even is lol

monkey butt powder is cool... is started as a product for like construction workers... I first found it at a hardware store. They now have a female version. It is a very fine and silky powder. I think they sell it at Rite Aid

monkey butt powder is cool... is started as a product for like construction workers... I first found it at a hardware store. They now have a female version. It is a very fine and silky powder. I think they sell it at Rite Aid

Thanks I will try that.

I wish I could say that my my stomach has bounced back but it has not and I'm almost to goal, the fat has shrunk obviously, but the skin is not getting any better. I had 3 c-sections and carried twins in the last pregnancy sooooo that probably has a lot to do with it.

I wish I could say that my my stomach has bounced back but it has not and I'm almost to goal, the fat has shrunk obviously, but the skin is not getting any better. I had 3 c-sections and carried twins in the last pregnancy sooooo that probably has a lot to do with it.

I got so big I looked like I was having twins lol. I kid you not, with my first I could wear a large shirt @ the beginning, by they end I outgrew a 4X :blink: I guess after my sleeve I will start saving just in case. :mellow:

After my first son was born (via c/section) my stomach was obliterated. I have stretch marks from groin to less than an inch below my TTs and as an additional parting gift he left me with a "fat pouch" (grade 2 pannus) "anchored" at the point of the incision. It has not budged since then. At one point I lost 23 pound and several inches from my waist and still wore the same size pants. One doc said I will likely need a Tummy Tuck to remove it But other have said that once I lose weight it may snap back. What has been the experience for you all? If you had excess skin to begin with did it snap back or did it have to be removed?

I just hate it SOOOOO much. To this date my c/s scar is still raw and painful because of the moisture that is trapped there. I have tried everything to alleviate the moisture but nothing I have tried has worked. I have tried baby powder, absorbent material, deodorant, gold bond powder, etc. Anything I could think of. Has anything worked for any of you (seeing as how I have to put up with this until after I lose the weight and possibly until I get surgery)?

Any info would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

I feel your pain .. The same happen to me via c-section 5 years ago. I have also tried everything but the big azz belly is still there.. I work out daily and i've changed my diet significately and in time I will have a tummy tuck ,, but my tuck (and yours) is medically needed.. its time for me to tie my show without giving oout of breath. I had the sleeve done 4/14/2010 and i have lost 60 lbs so far ..i struggle with the weight ..i know that i have a addiction to food and I must deal with that as well .. I still have to eat right and exercise to stay healthy.. this is no game .. i will have my tummy tuck in November /december .. I saw the surgeon and he said loose some more weight first .. so he can do an amazing job.. i have alot of viseral fat with the apple shape body...(all messed up) well I wish you well ..

I feel your pain .. The same happen to me via c-section 5 years ago. I have also tried everything but the big azz belly is still there.. I work out daily and i've changed my diet significately and in time I will have a Tummy Tuck ,, but my tuck (and yours) is medically needed.. its time for me to tie my show without giving oout of breath. I had the sleeve done 4/14/2010 and i have lost 60 lbs so far ..i struggle with the weight ..i know that i have a addiction to food and I must deal with that as well .. I still have to eat right and exercise to stay healthy.. this is no game .. i will have my tummy tuck in November /december .. I saw the surgeon and he said loose some more weight first .. so he can do an amazing job.. i have alot of viseral fat with the apple shape body...(all messed up) well I wish you well ..

So did yours like "deflate" to be just baggy skin? Or is it still there in all its obtrusive glory? TBH I am gonna be extra ticked if I lose all the weight and that stupid thing is STILL getting in the way like it is now, and if that's the case I am gonna start saving the day we get back from my sleeve so that hopefully I can get rid of it as soon as my weight stabilizes.

It is very wise to start saving for it regardless of whether you will need it or not. Just think, if yours somehow goes back to normal, which for most of us is very unlikely, you can use the money for a different surgery or for shopping ;)

Mine still has fat in it, the part that folds over has a good bit of it. It's enough that I can pick up the roll and it completely fills my hands and then some. And like I said I am almost at goal and still dealing with it. It has shrunk back some but it still has a lot of fat in it. I think a lot of how much it will shrink up depends on how much you need to lose, the type of skin you have, how much you work out and your age. I am in my 20s still so I had hoped I had age on my side, yeah, that didn't work out lol.

It is very wise to start saving for it regardless of whether you will need it or not. Just think, if yours somehow goes back to normal, which for most of us is very unlikely, you can use the money for a different surgery or for shopping ;)

Mine still has fat in it, the part that folds over has a good bit of it. It's enough that I can pick up the roll and it completely fills my hands and then some. And like I said I am almost at goal and still dealing with it. It has shrunk back some but it still has a lot of fat in it. I think a lot of how much it will shrink up depends on how much you need to lose, the type of skin you have, how much you work out and your age. I am in my 20s still so I had hoped I had age on my side, yeah, that didn't work out lol.

Yeah, I am hoping my age will be my saving grace as well, but I am not holding my breath. I just hope I only need at most a couple surgeries- like my tummy maybe and maybe if I end up with bat wings 'cuz those are pretty darn hard to get rid of too. I REALLY don't want to have to do a full body lift (or even half), but a couple nips and tucks I can live with. I *may* also do a breast lift or augmentation or something, but that would more of a treat for all my hard work :) They aren't necessary but it would be a nice reward to re-inflate my deflated breast when this is all done. I am only going to do the quality of life procedures at first though, and the fewer the better!

I agree. I think for me it will just be the Tummy Tuck and boobs. And yes deflated they will be, some people though get lucky, not me though ;) One of the ladies at my local group says if you start out at a 44 DD you will end up a 34 extra long haha. All of the younger ones in our group want a boob job and almost every single person has/wants a tummy tuck.

The bat wings, well again comes down to your skin and how much your starting weight is. I started at 240, my arms are fine the way they are. THere is a little jiggle up by my arm pits but no one sees it. My arms look pretty normal from the outside view.

I agree. I think for me it will just be the Tummy Tuck and boobs. And yes deflated they will be, some people though get lucky, not me though ;) One of the ladies at my local group says if you start out at a 44 DD you will end up a 34 extra long haha. All of the younger ones in our group want a boob job and almost every single person has/wants a tummy tuck.

The bat wings, well again comes down to your skin and how much your starting weight is. I started at 240, my arms are fine the way they are. THere is a little jiggle up by my arm pits but no one sees it. My arms look pretty normal from the outside view.

I already know my boobs will deflate. If I lose even 20 pounds my bras don't fit the same as the cup feels bigger so I know my boobs will probably be the first to go. I am a D now and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I deflate to an A cup since I take after my dad's side of the family and they all have big hips and micro boobs lol...until they gain weight that is then like mine is like putting air in a balloon. I LMAO @ the "34 extra long" comment. I always picture an older cartoon that went around the net with and old lady (clothed but you could still see the movement) swinging he boobs around as they hang down to her knees singing "Do your boobs hang low? Do they wobble to and fro..." lol. My arm is as big around as some ppls legs (admittedly very thin legs, but still). I hope mine snap back too!!

lol- yep my husband uses monkey butt powder- lol he gets it at the tractor supply store- it is for truck drivers- or people who work out in the heat all day- he says it works great- I can't imagine why it wouldn't work for this too!