Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV #umpteen thousand

I went for my (a little bit early) 6 month post op visit today. My surgeon said he's proud of me! I'm down 30 pounds since my 3 month post op visit - that's 10 pounds a month. Plus, I've lost 57% of my body weight in under 6 months. He said, typically at 1 year post op, his patients have just lost 60% so I'm well ahead of the curve. He agreed that 145 is a good weight for me, if I want to lose more he'll support that but he doesn't recommend that I try for much more than that. He also told me to get these last 20 pounds off that I want to lose to switch up my exercise regimine, keep my portions to 1/2 cup, and cut out the carbs. I know this, but damn. I'm going to win this battle over my head hunger; I just have to try harder. And he documented this rash I have under my stomach. Tummy Tuck, here I come!:P

Then I went to visit my primary doctor because I was at the hospital, and she had said she wanted to see me when I lost my first 20 pounds. Well, I haven't seen her since before my surgery. The ENTIRE office staff came out in the lobby and then my doctor, who has been on my butt for years about losing weight, cried. She actually cried, and told me that she was so proud of me and she kept hugging me. The nurses all said that they would have walked right past me because I don't look the same. Normally I don't like the attention and I blow off people's compliments, but it meant the world coming from my doctor.

So, here I am, 20 pounds to go. I can do this!

I love my sleeve!:)

WOW!!! I bet that felt amazing...Congratulations on your weight loss! I can't wait for my day! If you don't mind me asking, what does your diet and exercise consists of?

You brought tears to my eyes too! How amazing you should feel and you have done wonderful. I am glad that others can feel your success. Congrats.

WOW!!! I bet that felt amazing...Congratulations on your weight loss! I can't wait for my day! If you don't mind me asking, what does your diet and exercise consists of?

Typically I eat chicken because I can't digest pork or beef. Breakfast is either Special K High Protein, with lactose free fat free milk. snack, I LOVE apple dippers from McDonalds. lunch, 3 oz of tuna and 5 Keebler reduced fat Townhouse crackers. dinner, some sort of chicken - about 4 oz. I've been on this chicken Soulvaki kick lately. I usually try to make some sort of new chicken dish every week.

Lately, I've been snacking on Weight Watchers mini fudge pops. God they're good and only 45 calories. Sometimes I eat almonds. I've been eating more stuff that I shouldn't have because I've been going out lately, and there have been cookouts. It's easier for me when I'm home and I know what I can and can't have, but when faced with a bunch of food, I have a hard time controlling myself. But, when I go out to eat I have my girlfriend take my plate away from me when I'm full, otherwise I'll keep picking at it, and that makes me sick.

For exercise, I walk 8-10 miles 3 times a week. It's been hot out lately, so I haven't this week, and my body aches because I need to exercise. I do Zumba for an hour 1 day a week. Water aerobics for 1 hour one day a week. I'll be starting Body Pump next week, so we'll see how that'll work. Sometimes I use my gazelle or stepper or aerobics (Jillian Micheals) but it depends on the day.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your response! Sounds like you are doing great! I do have one question...Are you saying you walk 8-10 miles in one day and do that 3 days a week? Please tell me that is NOT the way you meant it...lol Please tell me you meant like 3 miles a day.....You are definitely an inspiration and I enjoyed reading your story!

Great job and congrats!!!

Awesome, that is such an amazing NSV. Keep it up!

Thank you for your response! Sounds like you are doing great! I do have one question...Are you saying you walk 8-10 miles in one day and do that 3 days a week? Please tell me that is NOT the way you meant it...lol Please tell me you meant like 3 miles a day.....You are definitely an inspiration and I enjoyed reading your story!

No, I walk 3 times a week, for about 8-10 miles each time. I LOVE walking. It's the one exercise that I truly enjoy. I got some extra comfy running shoes, and this arm band thing for my blackberry...I put on my music and I'm off. It takes about 2.5 hours, but it's so worth it. I feel like I have all the energy in the world afterward. 10 miles takes about 3 hours, and I'm usually wiped out afterward.