Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 7 days out. I've been really good until today about getting in my Protein and liquids. But today I just feel so blah... like I'm so over trying because it still hurts. I have bad heartburn that is not yet completely helped by Prilosec. It is better than it was the first 5 days but still hurts when I swallow. I'm just so friggin tired of forcing myself to hurt all the time by swallowing stuff. I'm hungry but I would rather just not swallow anything because it is so darn hard. I've got in about 20 grams of protein today and 245 calories according to myfitnesspal. Am I hurting myself too badly? I'm afraid of dehydration but it really is so hard to do right now. I've got in probably about 28 oz. of liquids today. I'm also afraid of ruining my metabolism by so few calories a day. Should I just keep forcing myself to swallow through the pain? It's so disheartening!

Does your dr. know how bad you are? Maybe he needs to switch your meds up a little or give you another one on top of the one you are taking!

If he doesn't know, call him!

Kelly :)

Does your dr. know how bad you are? Maybe he needs to switch your meds up a little or give you another one on top of the one you are taking!

If he doesn't know, call him!

Kelly :)

Yeah, you're right. I talked to the nurse yesterday and she said the dr. said to give it a few days on Prilosec. I have some Carafate (ulcer med) if it gets worse she said to start taking. I haven't told them about not getting in my Protein today. If I'm still this way tomorrow I will give them a call. Thanks.

I'm new also just 2 weeks and I haven't gotten all my Protein in even one day yet. Idk I'm just trying to stay hydrated and do what I can with the Proteins

I'm new also just 2 weeks and I haven't gotten all my Protein in even one day yet. Idk I'm just trying to stay hydrated and do what I can with the Proteins

This is what my Dr. told me when I was first sleeved. Staying hydrated is of utmost importance at this stage.

Living the dream,

Laura

Staying hydrated is the most important thing, take SMALL sips. I have not been able to handle Protein Drinks at all and I did liquids for a LONG time due to complications and I was fine. The most important thing is to stay hydrated. Ask if you can double your Prilosec or you may need another med. Prilosec did not work for me, I switched to Nexium twice a day and Zantac once a day. Remember you just had major surgery and your stomach is not happy with you and everything is inflamed. IF the pain continues to get worse, see a doctor and change up those meds. There is no reason to suffer through it if it can be an easy fix.

I'm 2 weeks post op and I've only had 2 days so far were I got all my Protein in. That was Tuesday and today. It's so hard and I can't image having the pain while swallowing to go with it. Maybe ask about the Nexium granules. Since 2 days after surgery, I've been taking it with grape juice each night and have not had any reflux, heartburn, etc. Hang in there! I think once you are placed on the right medication, things will be so much better for you. Also, I feel like the first 2 weeks are the hardest. Lots of frustration sets in because you sip all day and barely get anything down. I had zero energy and felt as if I'd never feel better. I had some days of major depression because it was so overwhelming. I asked my husband several times if it would ever get better. Even though i had read and read on what to expect, when i was going through it... It was really hard to convince myself that i would ever feel better. Also, my stomach didn't stop swelling until about the 7th or 8th day, if I remembr right. I couldn't even get burps to come up and would nearly throw up trying. Each day has gotten a tad bit better. Today was by far the best. I'm totally off pain and nausea meds. I drove for the first time today. My belly is tender but not with extreme pain. I'm getting so much more liquid and protein down and it didn't seem as hard to do today. I almost feel back to myself again. I know right now is really tough but it will get better. Stay on your doctor until something works. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm 2 weeks post op and I've only had 2 days so far were I got all my Protein in. That was Tuesday and today. It's so hard and I can't image having the pain while swallowing to go with it. Maybe ask about the Nexium granules. Since 2 days after surgery, I've been taking it with grape juice each night and have not had any reflux, heartburn, etc. Hang in there! I think once you are placed on the right medication, things will be so much better for you. Also, I feel like the first 2 weeks are the hardest. Lots of frustration sets in because you sip all day and barely get anything down. I had zero energy and felt as if I'd never feel better. I had some days of major depression because it was so overwhelming. I asked my husband several times if it would ever get better. Even though i had read and read on what to expect, when i was going through it... It was really hard to convince myself that i would ever feel better. Also, my stomach didn't stop swelling until about the 7th or 8th day, if I remembr right. I couldn't even get burps to come up and would nearly throw up trying. Each day has gotten a tad bit better. Today was by far the best. I'm totally off pain and nausea meds. I drove for the first time today. My belly is tender but not with extreme pain. I'm getting so much more liquid and protein down and it didn't seem as hard to do today. I almost feel back to myself again. I know right now is really tough but it will get better. Stay on your doctor until something works. You're in my thoughts and prayers.