Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

haha, I do, Yoda! I'm not the whipper snapper I once was. :)

So, upon finishing a horrible lunch at Burger King yesterday, my bf and I vowed that we would NOT eat there (or McDonalds) again... until Nov. If we absolutely HAVE to eat there, we will either be getting just a drink, or a salad. I don't go to either place all that much. I've only been to Mcdonalds once and BK twice since I've been here, but I felt soooo yucky after eating my chicken sandwich, that I don't wanna do it again for a while. (hopefully by then I"ll have some restriction, and not be ABLE to eat a chicken sandwich)

And... why oh why, did I have to look up the calorie/fat/carb/protein content of things I like?! I figured for some reason that my dinner of just 'Hint of Lime' tortilla chips and HOT salsa last night wouldn't be too bad. I was able to eat quite a bit before I got an inkling of fullness. But apparently, that little deal-io cost me 800+ calories!!!! Oh, woe is me. :D

It's good though. I'm glad I know. I used to LIVE on lime chips and salsa. Those damn lime chips are soooo good! So now... I guess I have to start eating healthy. :pout:

I'm looking forward to being in our own place and being able to fully use a kitchen, and have a fridge full of only MY food... not worry that there's not enough room in the fridge and freezer for whatever I need to buy. So, I'm pretty sure this will once again get easier once we move. This time next week, I'm outta here!!

I've also gotten up the guts, and all morning have been trying to call the Dr's office who I'm hoping will bless me with doing my fills for me. It's always busy!! ARRRRG!

I, Mandi, vow to not eat at Burger King, or McDonalds again, until November.

haha... November. I can't say FOREVER!

Yea Mandi, it will be a lot easier once you have your own place and your own kitchen/fridge etc. You won't have to eat out as much.

I haven't had a burger even since beginning of April. I doooo miss my McD.'s fries though!!!! I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to go there (or Wendy's again) but really not sure I want to!!!

HANG TIGHT!!

It's hard to stick to any good routine while you life is up in the air. You've been under stress for a while with the move and all. Once you get settled in you'll be able to buckle down and take control again. If I had an excuse to eat at Mc & BK I would too.

Good news! We weren't supposed to be moving in until tomorrow, but we wanted to call this morning, and make sure things were all ready for us TO move in tomorrow... and anyways, they are ready, and we CAN move in today (in a couple hours).

Since I have nothing better to do, I'll spend today moving in what I can. (meaning I'll leave the heavy stuff until Dan (the BF) is home from work. I love having a big strong significant other! lol) Thank goodness that it's on the main floor... cause if I had to lug boxes up stairs... I just wouldn't!

Oh... btw, we spent Sat. morning hunting for garage sales, and after about 20, all we had was a small bookcase ($3), some glass beer mugs (.25$ each) and a garbage can! I laugh when I say we bought a garbage can... a USED garbage can, cause it's funny to me. But it's a damn nice garbage can. A Rubbermaid, and looks brand new. For only $1 ! Gotta have saved at least $14 there!

And you guys should see the awesome dishes I bought at Canadian Tire last week. A bunch of Debbie Travis stuff was on clearance. I had planned on just buying some super cheap picnic-type plastic plates, that wouldn't be a big deal to throw away when I move again... but I couldn't find any for less than $2 each. Then I stumbled across these ones at CdnTire. Everything was regular $3-5 each, and I got them from $0.93-$1.43 each! I HAD to get 6 of each. So... 18 pieces, for a little over $20. I'm pretty happy!

This, is actually the first time we've lived together, JUST US. When we first started dating, I lived in my own place, he lived with a roommate... but was at my place most of the time. Then I moved out of my apartment, and in with him and his roommate. Then him and I moved into my parents basement suite (yikes!)... and now, we're sharing a bedroom in a house with a kabillion other people. So this will be the first time we truly won't have anyone to potentially disturb us. Well... we do have friends in the building who could show up at anytime, but at least our door will be locked.

So yeah, just had to share my excitement with someone else!

EEEEEEeeeeee!!!

:whoo: :whoo: Ohhh. I'm soooooooo excited for you. You deserve it, you've been through alot this year so far and a bit of normalcy will be nice.

I am a phycopath shopper and I got goosebumps reading about your deals, I LIVE FOR DEALS!!! Congratulations! Really, I'm so glad everything is working out for you guys.;)

Yeah, your a psychopath alright Cloe!!!! Ya don't need to convince anyone here!!!

Mandi...that is AWESOME, guurrrl!!!! Have fun moving in...hey...on a good note; it won't take you that long!!! LOL.

As for it just being the 2 of you now.....YEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!! What more can I say?!!!

*winka winka*:clap2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Congratulations Mandi, enjoy your time with your man. I never had any 'time' with my man, we were pregnant like 2 months after we started dating...JUST DON'T GET PREGNANT FOR AWHILE AND THINGS WILL BE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

LOL, Buffie! Nope, I'm doin' my damnest not to!

So guys, I'm BACK! After I posted that we'd get to start moving stuff in, I spent that day moving all our crap by myself, and then that night, we decided to just stay here at the apartment, a day earlier than planned. So, no internet TIL NOW! Ohh... the boredom!

I weighed myself this morning, and:

******DRUMROLL******

243.4 !! WOOO!!

I had a 0.6 gain last week, so this is good, AND, it now puts me at 40.6 pounds lost (total). I can honestly say I've never lost this much at one time.. or in one 'try', I guess. My only big loss was about 32 lbs a few years ago with Atkins.< /p>

It's been 17 weeks since surgery, and I've lost 25.6 lbs since then. It's an average of 1.5 lbs a week, so when I look at that, THAT's pretty good, considering we're supposed to lose 1-2lbs a week. So, I shouldn't complain. It'd be even better without all the little gains here and there, and the complete stall for a few weeks.

Now that I've got the 'net again, and a phone # of my own, I'm getting on that Dr's ass about giving me a fill. Cause I WANT one!! I neeeeeed one.

So anyways....

WHOOP!!! WHOOP!!!

(imagine me making that sound!)

I shall be replying to all the new posts and stuff soon... but first I gotta get my stinky self into the shower.

I also wanna say that I just love you guys. I really do think of you as friends, especially now that I'm somewhere where I don't really have any one to talk to and tell these stupid little things, I like to be able to tell you guys and have you a least fake ( :bowl: ) excitement with me!

Thank you. :tea:

(oh yeah! I just realized why I cared so much to get to a 40lb loss!! It means I can now say I only have 100lbs more to lose. WOO! That is, assuming that 140 is "ok" on me. I might be happy at 170... who knows. Not me! Cause I ain't been 170 since... hmm... some age when I should NOT have weighed 170!)

:tea:WAY TO GO MANDI!! :bowl:

BTW: I also think of you guys as close friends too.:)

YEEEHAAAA Mandi...

Yup....excited for ya! In fact, sooo excited I'm gonna have to go pee now!!!

lol< I laughed aftre reading these posts, was thrilled about argons move with dan and why the heck are you bored argon cuz of no computer>???? Hell you are finally alone with him,,HAVE SEX! I am thrilled and love rubbermaid....thats weird I uess and I love deals and you got them, congrats! Your weight loss is great and i would kiss my own butt if I could weigh 170 again. and as for friendships, I can't think of a safer place to be where i am accepted.

LOL Kim! The move couldn't have come at a worse time. I've got my period, and I'm not up to havin' drrrty (LOL) sex, so... we've got a little bit of a wait before we can christen the new place!

We actually bought this weird table (picture to follow soon) last night, and were putting it together for like 3 hours, when a couple friends of ours from upstairs knocked on the door... I was running around whisper/yelling "Someone's at the door!!!" to Dan while I looked for some clothes (it was so hot, I was doing my assembling in underwear and a tanktop!)

Anyways, Dan finally answered the door, and then I followed behind him. We were both all sweaty, and these guys sheepishly say "What werrrre you doing?" We say we were putting together a table, and they can't come in to see it until we're done.. I don't think they bought it! haha

Lol dirty sex huh...well that could be a new thread, as in who does and who doesnt in reply to argon....oh by the way,, do you love cats and that is the catpower thing, or is it cuz you love the band catpower ? day two of yogurt, yech. major headache and I cannot do the cotage cheese..... no frigging way, so I am feeling yucky