Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

That sonds like a plan Mandi.....GOOD LUCK!!!

(even if 180 kms away....try and make an appt. to talk face to face...that usually helps...make a day shopping trip out of it or something!).

Well, once again, it's a no. I couldn't talk to him, cause I was told that he doesn't talk to patients on the phone, and usually they go through his nurse/secretary, and she relays the message to him. So I said "Could I plead my case to you then?" and I did.

I told her, I didn't want him to 'take over my case, per se", all I wanted was fills... he doesn't have to have anything else to do with me, otherwise.... that how they told me "I should continue having my Dr. in ON follow me", I said that he wasn't following me now.

I said that I went into this knowing that I had to secure someone for fills closer to home (Calgary), and that's what I had done. That I was just out of school, had moved across the country, and could not afford the cost of flying to Toronto for something that will take 15 minutes, at the most (haha, I hope).

She said that that's what they expect of their patients, if they move somewhere else, such as Alberta. I said "You would want them to fly back to NB for a fill?" and she said "Yes, unless a dr. in Alberta would take over their case." AHHHH! Well, I hope for those patients sake, that wherever they move, they'll find someone to do it for THEM. (and I know for a fact they would, cause this seems to be the only place in canada that I could have moved that has made it nearly impossible for me to get the followup I need... anywhere else, I could have been at least within a 8 hour drive of somewhere to get a fill)

I asked what they would expect me to do then, cause I have no other options. She said that they do bariatric surgery in NS, and maybe I could try there. I asked for the name of the Dr I should look for... she didn't know. Hospital name, maybe? Nope, didn't know that either. So, I'm looking for someone in NS who might do fills. I'm pretty sure they don't do the lapband in NS anyways, so the chance that I'll find a dr. there (even if they do do the RNY or something) that can do fills is unlikely.

She said that they were so busy with 'their own patients' that there's no time to take on anymore, because there's people who are waiting years for this, and I would be taking away from them. Which I totally get... BUT, it just seems so unfair. If they were just better equipped to handle the more and more patients.... but I guess that's the state everywhere in Canada. I asked, "Well, isn't there just nurses who can do the fills, and not have Dr. B. do it?" and she said no, that it was always him, and a nurse that do the fills. "Any time in the future that this might change, and you'll be able to take 'new' patients?" ... "No"

So many other things I wanted to say, but I was on the verge of tears, and I could hear my voice shaking. It just seemed that there was nothing I could say that would matter.

I did email the NS lady who does her own fills... but no reply still.

:pout:

I DO NOT FRIGGIG BELIEVE THAT THE DOC wil not help you. I woul dtake a bit more of a drastic route now Mandi as you have been patient and sweet. Call your own doctor who did the surgey and explain what has happened, that you have no follow up and ther onlyperson who can help you is refusing, can that doctor make a referral and call the doctor you need to see.. if that does't help then this is drastic BUT considering you are a canadian who is entitled to our health care, i would threaten to call the College of Physians and surgeons and report him for refusing you. I mean yes a doctor has a right to not take a pt, BUT inthis case you are left without health care by the only person who can help you and that your treatment depends on follow up.

Argon, my heart goes out to you:think it must be such a helpless feeling to have no where to turn. If I had the money I would bye you a plane ticket to Toronto to have a fill done by Dr. Cobourn.

I do not understand how a fifteen minute fill would take away from a patient who is waiting to have surgery, it does not make any sense.

I hope something will work out soon for you, maybe the lady who does her own fills will come through for you.

Hang in there (although thats all you can do at this point).

Maria:)

Mandi...I agree with what Kim said....there are governing bodies in Canada that you can report this kind of thing to. This is RIDICULOUS>

And yes, you getting a fill (ie. 15 mins of time) does NOT take away from another patient who has "been waiting for years" for surgery. Give me a break.....I'm sorry...this Dr.'s office does NOT sound professional in the least. Plus, they figure they have a monopoly...and we all know how THAT goes.

Finally....and if anyone has Dr. B on here....plse feel free to contradict me or set me straight...BUT from my understanding (from what I have heard from a Dr. B patient) he does NOT, in fact, do the fills.....he has someone else do them ALL the time. So...if he isn't even doing them...nothing they say makes sense and makes it all seem even more unprofessional.

I know this (me ranting further) doesn't help you Mandi....I'm sorry. See if Dr. C. can intervene on your behalf.....

Pisses me off that Dr. B's office thinks its okay to have another dr out west take on their patients but that they won't repay the favour. WHATEVER!.

Thank you guys :huggie: You're all awesome. I'm disappointed, for sure... but I'm seeing what else I can do.

Until then, my Visa is MAXED, and I've got a flight to and from TO on Tuesday... hopefully I'll be successful with this fill, and it'll last me long enough until I get something figured out. :huggie:

Mandi

Mandi, that is good to hear, it is going to be an expensive fill for you, hopefully this fill will bring you more success and piece of mind.

Maria:)

Thanks Maria, it will be expensive, but... ya know, I got the lapband for a reason, and it's not doing me any good just sitting there. (well ok.. it's doing me 0.6lbs good, here and there LOL) If I have to struggle for a while (and make a "umm... can I borrow a little money" call to my parents), it'll be ok.

I'll be starting my job either the 21st or 28th, so I'll soon have some money coming in, and I can pay my Visa back down in no time, I'm sure.

Oh yeah... not related, but I found out last night that a friend of mine got a job at the same studio as me, so she'll be moving here, in probably a couple weeks! Yay for having more people around that I know! I stayed with her for a while, about 6 months ago, when I was working stupid off and on jobs in Saskatoon (but had already moved out of town), so I told her that one thing she doesn't have to worry about is having somewhere to stay once she gets here. So much for Dan and I having the place to our selves!! He's not all THAT happy about it, but I owe her... and it'll just be til she finds something else. On that note, I'm gonna call my landlord and see if there's gonna be any openings in our building!

Also... you guys don't bother spending your money on 6/49 tickets, cause I'll be winning the 32 million tonight! Don't worry, if I win... I will organize the coooolest thing for us. How about an all Canadian cruise!!?? Oooh yeah! :huggie:

Hey mandi

well you sound better than you did and I am thrilled for you. That'll also be great that you have someone else that you know in the same town.As for tonights lottery, yep., sign me up for the cruise..........but do we have to come back?

tomorrow is my DAY...at TBLC!

You could probably stow away on the ship, if you wanted. Maybe I'll just buy the ship, and let you be the.... hmmm.... buffet coordinator! LOL, wouldn't that be hell!?

WOOO! I'm very excited for you!! I'll definitely be thinking of you tomorrow! What time are you scheduled for?

Ah Kim, I'm soooooo excited for you, ya please let us know what time your surgery is, so we can send you some good vibes:hippie: .

Are you nervous? I've been told nurses are usually more nervous.

Oh, BTW, sorry Mandi, I already had dibbs on the 649 money.;)

um no I am not nervous, cuz I messed up on my pre op diet so Ima mad about that..I ate AGAIN yesterday. so I wil be up in weight ( not weighed yet) but just proved to myself that Yes I am addicted and can't stop. I shouldn;t have had that bbq. so I wil be back asking for help and support in the cominng weeks for sure. thanks!

That is great that you'll have another Saskatoonite with ya Mandi! LOL.

You are sounding a lot better! Yay!!!!

Yeah Kim....good luck tomorrow! Hope it all goes well; sure it will.

Oh, BTW, sorry Mandi, I already had dibbs on the 649 money.:)

Well... I guess I was meant to win $42 million instead. Oooh well! :heh: