Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanted to say - I weighed myself today and I have lost a total of 86 pouds and I am 9 weeks post op - Since last sat, I have lost 11 pounds... YAY, I SO love my sleeve.

Wowza! That is amazing! You are just roaing forward! That is just awesome- I am so happy to hear that!

Hi Everyone,

The first thing I want to say is everyone is doing so well and I am so proud of everyone. I had my 2 month post op appointment on Friday and I lost 11 pounds in the month of June. Yeah!!!!!! I am at the total of 62 pounds since my journey began in April. I am offically at a stall right now. I have been here for almost 2 weeks. My dr says to reevaluate and see if that works. I hope so. Well now I am on a regular diet except for starches, sugars and caffines. I am okay with that. I am going to boost my excercise routines up a little to see if that helps the stall. Please pray I get over the stall it is making me crazy a little. I want to say I am sorry for not keeping in here. I have been so busy with work and school. It takes so much of my time. I seldom have to myself anymore. Well I wanted to drop in a line to say hello and now back to homework. I can not wait till I finished this degree so I can have my life back.

Take Care,

Love you all

Connie

Connie read the article and linked above about stalls- it will help! Just keep on task and don't worry about the numbers. Up your Water too.

I have one pound to go to 50 lost so of course I seem stuck at 231! ;-P I also have a hope of being 225 by 7/27 as we are going to Kauai to shoot a wedding and a luau birthday. We shall see!

My biggest issue is still getting in enough calories. I know that is supposed to help but I don't think I have EVER been to 800, and mostly I am around 500-600. If my sleeve was just a little bigger!

ALl in all though I love my sleeve, and I am so happy I did it.

He meggie!!

I wanted to say that have you tried snacking?? I know most dr.'s discourage this because they say that is how we got fat to begin with. However, I have to snack or I can not get in enough calories either. My plan calls for 1/2 c 3 times a day and that is it! If I do this, I can not eat but about 3-400 calories a day! If I add in 3 Snacks a day, I can get up to 650-850 easy!! Maybe if you are getting that with food alone and add a snack or two, you could get in more calories and lose more.

When I added in more calories, I started losing more. Just a thought!! You could try it for a week and see how it goes anyway! ;)

Hugs,

Kelly

Wowza! That is amazing! You are just roaing forward! That is just awesome- I am so happy to hear that!

Connie read the article and linked above about stalls- it will help! Just keep on task and don't worry about the numbers. Up your Water too.

I have one pound to go to 50 lost so of course I seem stuck at 231! ;-P I also have a hope of being 225 by 7/27 as we are going to Kauai to shoot a wedding and a luau birthday. We shall see!

My biggest issue is still getting in enough calories. I know that is supposed to help but I don't think I have EVER been to 800, and mostly I am around 500-600. If my sleeve was just a little bigger!

ugg - just lost my post. Imagine it was perfection and whatever I wind up typing here is just the just of it. = )

Anyways - loved reading everyone's stats and stories - this whole journey has been fascinating to me. I've never known anyone that has actually had weight loss surgery - so I'm feeling like I'm learning as I go. So far so good - I'm loosing somewhat slowly compared to others but still steadily and I've learned to not stress myself out. I've had my weight for over 10 years and this is the lowest I've gotten to in that time by far. I'm thrilled with the results! My NUT had told me to shoot for 1000 - 1200 calories today (not an easy task) but to not go lower than 800. I seem to be able to get between 700 and 800 calories a day and watch my carbs but not going to crazy on completely avoiding them. I get between 30 and 50 carbs a day and always hit my 60 grams of Protein. The denser Proteins I don't enjoy eating too much, maybe just not liking the texture of all that chewing, so most of the time I eat seafood or tofu or eggs and I'm a big spinach fan so I generally throw some of it in with whatever I'm cooking. Crock potted chicken Soups are pretty good too. Anyways - still getting used to not eating so much, it's a head doesn't match my stomach quite yet. But I know when I'm full I stop eating.

My biggest hurdle, same as before the surgery, finding time to exercise. I have (not to make excuses) three kids, a hubby, a full time job and a long commute. I walk a lot during the day but know I need to find more time to exercise and utilize this "honeymoon period" while I can. I did get up earlier a couple times last week to work out but I struggle to get up that early.

)

Yesterday I hit my first reward goal of 50 pounds (20 pre op diet and 30 post op) I have a groupon for a cut style and eyebrow wax I'm going to use. My management conference for my company is in Cabo this year towards the end of October - so I'd love to be in Onederland by then.

Great article....I think mine is the calorie intake. The dr says 800 to 100 calories...Yeah right tell that to my stomach....I think I am going to boost the excercise to see if that helps. Thank you again

Just wanted to say - I weighed myself today and I have lost a total of 86 pouds and I am 9 weeks post op - Since last sat, I have lost 11 pounds... YAY, I SO love my sleeve.

Michelle - You are doing AWESOME!! Keep working that sleeve.

Tomorrow will be 2 months for me and almost 40lbs lost. I had a bit of a stall the last week or two but starting to move int he right direction again.

Kelly- I do kinda snack- or more I try to have at least four meals a day, plus my two Protein drinks (one chocolate, one unjry chicken) but I can fit only 1/4 cup- no more- believe me I have tried! There just is so much I can do calorie wise with that. I do have a snack sometimes in between- most usually a couple of the ripe apricots from our tree as I love them so- but two is all I can fit! (No peels) Also- I am usually full for at least 2-3 hours so there is just so much eating time! I know I could get more calories in with slider foods but the carbs just aren't right for me.

That said, when I do slow down a bit I tend to add some carbs for a day or two and then go way down again and that seemed to do the trick as after doing thst I lost 4-5 pounds each time the week after.

I am very pleased though- I can't complain about my progress!

Well, if you are happy with your progress that is all that matters!! I am happy for you! :)

Kelly

Kelly- I do kinda snack- or more I try to have at least four meals a day, plus my two Protein drinks (one chocolate, one unjry chicken) but I can fit only 1/4 cup- no more- believe me I have tried! There just is so much I can do calorie wise with that. I do have a snack sometimes in between- most usually a couple of the ripe apricots from our tree as I love them so- but two is all I can fit! (No peels) Also- I am usually full for at least 2-3 hours so there is just so much eating time! I know I could get more calories in with slider foods but the carbs just aren't right for me.

That said, when I do slow down a bit I tend to add some carbs for a day or two and then go way down again and that seemed to do the trick as after doing thst I lost 4-5 pounds each time the week after.

I am very pleased though- I can't complain about my progress!