Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the jewels of June doing

I'm feeling great. I'm over halfway through week three and I'm on mushies. My sleeve is slow to warm up to new foods, but most of the time that's fine with me. I know that I'm not getting enough Protein in though, because I'm craving a cheeseburger. I haven't eaten beef in 3 years and I only ever crave meat when I'm protein deficient. I'm still trying to find a Protein Shake that works for me. Wish me luck!

I am new to this blogging thing but I am really excited to connect with other people that are going through the same thing as I am.. I have the sleeve on June 17th and everything seems to be going great...I am down 28 pounds and starting to feel much better... I actually go to my two week check up tomorrow... I have had a few complications but nothing major. At first it was the gas that killed me.. I thought I never would get rid of the trapped gas.. Then it was the tiredness and dizziness from the lack of anything other than liquids but once I started my mushy diet I really noticed a difference.. I feel alot better! Im excited about this change in my life!

Hi Jewels!!

Just wanted to check in on everyone! I know we tend to get lost on these boards because there are so many people. So how about a quick check in?!?!

Surgery date: 6/6/11

Amount lost: -30 lbs

Exercise: if walking the dog counts?!? Going to start exercising this week!

What are you eating now: Still on soft foods.. potatoes, eggs, bananas etc

How do you feel: feeling better. Need to drink more Water though.

Would you do it again: Hmmm still not sure yet. LOL

Hey Day Dreamer!!! Always GREAT hearing from you!!!

Hard to believe June has come and gone!!! Time flies when you are SLEEVED!

Surgery date: 6/1/11

Weight loss: 33 - 38 pounds (depends on which scale)

Pros: no longer huffing and puffing, arm openings in clothes magically roomier, can withstand heat/humidity better, knees hurt less, back hurts less, I feel YOUNGER, started dressing like a teenager, feel sexy (damn that is WILD), more confidence, more stamina, feel more positive about EVERYTHING, normal blood pressure, normal blood sugar

Cons: watery diarrhea, food stuck in my CRAW/esophagus, that tightness in my upper stomach when I eat too fast or eat & drink at the same time, food often tastes funny (not like I remember), I can eat so little it doesn't seem worth it (former volume eater can't accept limitations), frequent nausea, frequent "sour stomach", bad taste in mouth, easily dehydrated

Eating can be a challenge. When in doubt, have Soup or sugar free ice pops!

Would I do it again: Yes, but I would have had a longer "goodbye to food" week!

Hello all! My vsg was on June 13. I have lost 20 lbs since. Liked a few of the clear shakes at first but by the time i could get off of them they were soooo sweet, couldnt force them down. Taste have changed. Just now starting a couple mushies...eggs this morning and very full at less than 1/2 cup. Needing more energy...but overall feel good. I too find its all better every day!:rolleyes:

Surgery date: 6/7/11

Amount lost: -30 lbs

Exercise: Walking, but need to walk more :)

What are you eating now: Just moved to purees this week after 4 weeks of full liquids. I can't tell you how good refried Beans taste!! lol

How do you feel: Not bad....still a bit tired (which would probably get better if I was exercising more).

Would you do it again: Yes....30 lbs has made me believe!

I can't wait to move on to mushies next week and then normal food after that. I'll be glad when the burning sensation in my throat/esophagus calms down. I never had heartburn before surgery (unless I went wild on extremely spicy food). Thank god for SF popcicles!!!

The only complaint I have (and sorry for being graphic) is going from diarrhea to not having gone to the bathroom for 4 days now! I don't know which is worse.

I'm glad I'm finally able to take smaller pills again....some of the liquid meds for my normal medications was just AWFUL!

So glad to hear how everyone is doing :)

Way to go on your 30 lbs weight loss! That would make anyone a believer haha.

Hello Jewels! I'm such a dork! I had not seen this threat before!

At 4/12 months out I am doing great. I've resumed my life pretty normally. It's included travel, family reunions and celebrations. I am working out and staying active. I feel well, energetic - which is good. I've had lots of stalls but I have come to accept that this is how my body seems to do things because at some point I also get these big drops. Overall, I am thrilled with my sleeve. I am right about to get out of the 190's!!!!! I am at 191 this morning!!! Maybe I can do it by the end of the month!!!! (In 5 days?!) I'll be working out extra hard this week to "help my body" along :-)

Hope everyone is doing well. I love reading the progress posts, especially pics!!! I have to post some myself. I also love reading the NSV's. It so inspiring when I see people changing -- their lives really!!!

Best to all of you!!! I'm sure I will "run into you" in the boards!!!!!

Kwikwits

What did u do for bad taste in your mouth? I can't get rid of it. (Sleeved 12/5)

I was wondering how everyone is doing that had surgery in June now that its almost been 6 months out.........

Surgery 6/24/11.......256

Today 12/12/11.......205