Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey how long till PIZZA

OK I'm a month post op and I have had PIZZA!!!! One thin crust slice and it was sooooooo Good. I'm not really having any problems with any foods. I eat until I feel a litle pressure then stop. I do notice that sugar causes Dumping. I have stopped losing weight at 30lbs, but have not gained. I have to get serious and exercise and watch what I'm eating. Thanks for all the reponses, pizza is great and good but I'm done for now with it, back to chicken and fish in small portions.

I'm 6 weeks postop today too!! I had my first slice on Saturday, its was thin crust, mulit grain, cheese and Tomato from UNO's..not greasy at all!! I ate it slow and when I felt the first full feeling I stop...I did okay with it..but won't be doing it regularly...:)

Oh I so miss Uno's there used to be three within 40 minutes drive in one direction or another from us but they all closed- I think there was a problem with the franchise or something. So I have to get my Uno's fix on the East Coast..... sigh...

I probably had my first piece around 2 months out. I ordered thin pepperoni from Papa Johns and could get down everything except the crust in about a 1/2 hour. BOY! Was it good!!!

I know many people will disagree with my approach, but I do not exclude anything from my diet. I try to make good, nutritional choices, but pizza, chocolate, wine, popcorn, etc aren't "evil" foods. They are part of my social schema and I like being "normal" about eating.

Now that I am over a year out, I can probably have 1.5 pieces of thin or 1 piece of pan. Any more than that, I am STUFFED. Isn't this little sleeve amazing????

MIni-Me - did you do this from the start? I ask only ecause I am wrestling with how to approach this journey- right now with extreme restriction I have been totally company line for the entire time since my two week pre-op- low carbs, low calories, max Protein and Water, exercise, etc. Yet I also want that balance you mention and I am uncertain how I will proceed. Were you more strict before you got to goal or have you had this approach the whole time? Thanks!

Wow thats amzing I want to be a size 4 and eat normal stuff again, I am aswell 5'6 so 130 was about my goal !!!! I like your outlook on things ,,why do you think some people can eat reg foods again and other people cant?????

I probably had my first piece around 2 months out. I ordered thin pepperoni from Papa Johns and could get down everything except the crust in about a 1/2 hour. BOY! Was it good!!!

I know many people will disagree with my approach, but I do not exclude anything from my diet. I try to make good, nutritional choices, but pizza, chocolate, wine, popcorn, etc aren't "evil" foods. They are part of my social schema and I like being "normal" about eating.

Now that I am over a year out, I can probably have 1.5 pieces of thin or 1 piece of pan. Any more than that, I am STUFFED. Isn't this little sleeve amazing????

Hey that sounds like you made some yummy chicken parm with pepperoni lol

Hungry Girl on Cooking channel made a chicken pizza. Instead of pizza dough, used a chicken as the base. I modified.. I cut the chicken breast in half, after I baked it, I put on the bit of pizza sauce and miny pepperoni and for me a bit of goat cheese. I got the taste but not the bread/crust which I have a hard time handling and I'm 4 months post op.

MIni-Me - did you do this from the start? I ask only ecause I am wrestling with how to approach this journey- right now with extreme restriction I have been totally company line for the entire time since my two week pre-op- low carbs, low calories, max Protein and Water, exercise, etc. Yet I also want that balance you mention and I am uncertain how I will proceed. Were you more strict before you got to goal or have you had this approach the whole time? Thanks!

I tried watching carbs at first, but found it was just too tedious. I didn't get that many since I focused on Protein first and there wasn't a lot of room for other items. But, I ate mashed potatoes, yogurt, mac-n-cheese, etc from the beginning. For some, they really have to restrict carbs in order to lose. Luckily, I didn't have to watch that as much.

Wow thats amzing I want to be a size 4 and eat normal stuff again, I am aswell 5'6 so 130 was about my goal !!!! I like your outlook on things ,,why do you think some people can eat reg foods again and other people cant?????

I don't know if other people "can't" eat "regular goods again" or if it's just their body's requirement to eat low carb in order to lose. Also, some have trouble with breading - especially at first.

Around the 6-8 month mark, your stomach and nerves are healed and you find you can eat just a bit more. At one year, I noticed that I could eat twice as much as I could at first. Of course, that means 3/4 cup to 1 cup so it's not like I can go to a buffett or anything. :)

Still have to make healthy choices - protein first & then allow some time for the "tastier" treats.

Thin Crust Dominos at about 2 months out or maybe a little less. Only ate 2 tiny pieces.

Had a bite of pizza last night and it was delicious I left it at one bite the first bite of a NEW YORK type slice.