Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sleevers in Chicago southland

I just had my surgery June 18th with Dr.Kane. I haven't had any incision problems yet but I get my drain removed Wednesday, so I will see what happens.

I just had my surgery June 18th with Dr.Kane. I haven't had any incision problems yet but I get my drain removed Wednesday, so I will see what happens.

glad all went well! why did you get a drain? dr rantis told me that they dont do drains. i had surgery 12/10 woke up with no drain. a girl i met online had surgery a week after me with rantis as well and woke up with a drain. she was pissed bc she was told they typically dont do drains. i dont recall the reason why she got one....

I'm not sure, I just woke up with one. They talked about the drain and showed it to us on the pre surg class at the hospital. All of four of us that attended had drains and we had different doctors. It doesn't hurt at all. I empty it twice day, each day it fills less. I

Hello! I had my surgery on 5/31/13 at Alexian Brothers with Dr. Guske of the Kane Center. I've had problems with my incision healing and finally after a culture of the wound, I'm on the right antibiotic. Hopefully I'll be healed soon. I've not felt good a lot of the days - wondering if its the infection. I also haven't lost any weight in over a week - very disappointing. This week I'll get to see Guske again - up until now I've only seen PA's - a bit frusterating.

Anyone else had problems with the incision not healing?

i too was irritated that i saw the pa's postop. however you can request to see the dr too and not the pa's. but i have learned if you go to the hoffman estates office and they are running behind even though you are scheduled to see the dr they will send in the pa to keep things "moving"...i saw the asian pa twice (i forget her name) and then another one with curly brown hair once when i was supposed to see rantis. but rantis did make an appearance at the end of the appointment to see me.

as far as your incision, did you have single site in the belly button? i didn't have problems during the healing phase but now that my stomach is frumping over from weight loss it gets infected quite frequently. and maybe irritated is a better word than infected. i have learned its from the moisture and the inside of my button not drying out. i stick a cotton ball in there for about an hour after a bath/shower to dry out the Water that may be left behind. it helps. i have also used a q-tip with a little alcohol on it to help dry out the Water. but again this was after mine was healed. i have a very deep innie :). hope it clears up for you!!!

and its completely normal to hit a stall around 3/4 weeks. if you do a search on the dreaded 3 week stall a lot of posts will come up about it. just follow the plan and i promise you it will start again. make sure you are getting your water in. i learned water is truly the secret to flushing out your system. i think between the rapid loss with the 2 week liquid and the rapid loss those first couple weeks, your loss definitely trails off for a week or 2 around 3 or 4 weeks. i think our bodies are like "what is happening". and they take a couple week hiatus to figure it out and catch up. that is my crazy thought anyways.

feel free to pm me if you have any questions!!!!

I was told the drain removes excess Fluid from the incision site to prevent possible infections internally.

I'm in north riverside' date=' il (Chicago) I'm being sleeved nov 13 at university of Illinois[/quote']

i c u had Dr. Elli how is everyyhing going? My surgery is hopefully in August.

Hi I am from a south suburb of Chicago. I had my surgery at the University of Chicago. My surgery was July 23' date=' 2012. I am down 75 lbs. my starting weight was 220. I am now 145. I was stalled for over two months. I would love to get down to 128. I am losing very slow.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

girl you look great can't wait to get to that size

IM new to the site IM being sleeved at the university of Illinois by doctor elli

IM new to the site IM being sleeved at the university of Illinois by doctor elli

Haaaa me 2

is doctor elli a good doctor so far his staff is good did you get sleeved yet

Skokie Illinois

is doctor elli a good doctor so far his staff is good did you get sleeved yet

No haven't been sleeved yet my last preop appointment is Monday. Then I can schedule my surgery.

No haven't been sleeved yet my last preop appointment is Monday. Then I can schedule my surgery.

ok keep us posted

ok keep us posted

Will do! I'll be calling tomorrow to make my surgery appointment.