Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sleevers in Chicago southland

Disneytech,, i had dr kane...he and dr rantis are both in the same group. I had my surgery at alexian and had a great stay...everyone was super nice and very accomidating.

hit me up if you have any questions.

Disneytech' date=', i had dr kane...he and dr rantis are both in the same group. I had my surgery at alexian and had a great stay...everyone was super nice and very accomidating.

hit me up if you have any questions.[/quote']

Hi shrinkinmama,

I was released from Alexian yesterday. Great stay and great job they did. The best was everything they did to dull any pains. Did you go to the support group meetings? Also, in my job I have to go around to different places, do they supply a temporary handicap pass?

I was released from Alexian yesterday. Great stay and great job they did. The best was everything they did to dull any pains. Did you go to the support group meetings? Also, in my job I have to go around to different places, do they supply a temporary handicap pass?

I go into Alexian on Monday, so I'm a week behind you! I have Dr. Wallace, who is also part of the Kane Center group that you and Shrinkinmama have. It sounds like I'm in good hands.

I plan to go to support group meetings, so I hope to see you there. I imagine you need to talk to the surgeon or your primary care doctor about a temp handicap pass, once they clear you for driving.

I go into Alexian on Monday' date=' so I'm a week behind you! I have Dr. Wallace, who is also part of the Kane Center group that you and Shrinkinmama have. It sounds like I'm in good hands.

I plan to go to support group meetings, so I hope to see you there. I imagine you need to talk to the surgeon or your primary care doctor about a temp handicap pass, once they clear you for driving.[/quote']

I am going to check into that. The nurses were awesome. Get up and walk the halls and sit in the chair. Bring some DVDs, because they only have 15 channels. They pulled my drain and everything else on day two because I was up and moving day one. Just sleep and rest!

I'm at Midwest Bariatric with Dr. Cahill. Surgery scheduled for 7/9/12. Nervous and excited at the same time.

Hi shrinkinmama,

Im sure that you would be able to get a handicap pass but the thing is that you are supposed to be walking alot...at least that is what they told me so I dont know if the doc would get you one... I happen to have one only becuase my knees are messed up and i had a broken foot...it will be up in july and i will have to park in gods country to get into work...it will stink but its alright.

so regarding the support group i have not been to one yet. i have only been to the one meeting before that. i wis that we didnt have to pay ten dollars to go to the support group. it kind of stinks. but im up for going. not sure when you are thinking of going. let me know and we can all met up,. u me and Kat...

Kat, dr wallace did my sister in laws veins. she loves him... I think they are all great there. I saw dr Rantis when i was in the hospital he was cool too

Im sure that you would be able to get a handicap pass but the thing is that you are supposed to be walking alot...at least that is what they told me so I dont know if the doc would get you one... I happen to have one only becuase my knees are messed up and i had a broken foot...it will be up in july and i will have to park in gods country to get into work...it will stink but its alright.

so regarding the support group i have not been to one yet. i have only been to the one meeting before that. i wis that we didnt have to pay ten dollars to go to the support group. it kind of stinks. but im up for going. not sure when you are thinking of going. let me know and we can all met up' date='. u me and Kat...

Kat, dr wallace did my sister in laws veins. she loves him... I think they are all great there. I saw dr Rantis when i was in the hospital he was cool too[/quote']

I don't like the $10 fee either. As much as I like the Kane center, they seem to charge for everything. Otherwise, I think everything is great. Dr. Rantis is the man. He came out and sat with my wife after the surgery. As for the handicap pass, I went to Michael's today and barely made it back to the car. Ican understand why.

Dr. Cahill is my surgeon as well... I was in there yesterday for a post-op visit and it was PACKED!!! He has surgeries earlier and was running a little late...

I don't like the $10 fee either. As much as I like the Kane center, they seem to charge for everything. Otherwise, I think everything is great. Dr. Rantis is the man. He came out and sat with my wife after the surgery. As for the handicap pass, I went to Michael's today and barely made it back to the car. Ican understand why.

You are going to get better with the walking. it is hard in the begining cause every thing seems to hurt. just take it slow and you will get there. I thought that I was going to die the first couple of weeks. I was walking so funny my hips started hurting. LOl but now im back to my normal self

I have my surgery scheduled for this coming Wednesday, May 30th. Looking for some Chicago or Chicagoland sleeve buddies! I am almost 25 years old and would love to meet some people my age going through the same thing!

I'm from Chicago! My surgery is this coming Wednesday, the 30th. I have Dr. Tiesenga. Any one else near the Oak Park/Elmwood Park area?

I'm from Chicago! My surgery is this coming Wednesday' date=' the 30th. I have Dr. Tiesenga. Any one else near the Oak Park/Elmwood Park area?[/quote']

Hey! I'm a bit further west. Always looking for work out buddies! :-)