Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Talk me off the ledge- weight loss crawling

I love that!

May I also make a vote for "Summer is here!" as well? Don't forget to enjoy the present people!

Yes! I have so much trouble remembering to enjoy the present.

It's already been mentioned, but I agree. You are exercising so much, your body just needs more food!! I know it's hard. I struggle to get my calories in every day, and I am not nearly as dedicated to exercise as you, to say the least. I am impressed with the workouts you are getting in every day. Good for you! Keep it up and you know you will see results in time!smile.gif

What kind of Protein drink do you have that only has 19 calories?

Stalls suck, but they happen to all of us. You'll get to goal as hard as you're working!

Meggie, sorry to hear you so frustrated! That sucks!

I second the advice to EAT MORE VARIETY. Ever heard of the Shangri-La Diet? Goofya** name but written by an actual scientific researcher, who found out a lot of interesting things about the body's weight set point. Imagine your body has a setting like a thermostat for its weight. When the thermostat is turned down, you will drop weight. When it's turned up, you gain. When the weight is the same as the setting, you stay the same. And the body fights for whichever setting you've got.

The researcher found that DITTO FOODS -- eating the same foods over & over, esp processed foods which are consistent in flavor -- actually RAISED the body's set point for weight. Because the body is all, "Hey, now is a time of plenty, cuz I can find and catch the same food over & over again."

So change it up! Add spices. Add Peanut Butter. Eat something different.

Ever tried turkey or chicken pounded flat and poached in milk, yogurt or cream? With a little garlic, salt and pepper? My mother-in-law prepared that for me a week ago and it was awesome. And very soft, blended up with a single small boiled potato.

It's already been mentioned, but I agree. You are exercising so much, your body just needs more food!! I know it's hard. I struggle to get my calories in every day, and I am not nearly as dedicated to exercise as you, to say the least. I am impressed with the workouts you are getting in every day. Good for you! Keep it up and you know you will see results in time!smile.gif

I am so very proud of MYSELF- because the main reason I set out on this journey is that I had become imprisoned by chronic debilitating pain from nerve damage n my lower back and two bad knees with tears- and that I am out walking an hour a day and then going to Water aerobics, is a miracle- and I have done it for over a week now. I love feeling a bit sore and knowing I have really worked my bod- and I am sleeping sooooo well! I know you are right about the calories but I am telling you it is really hard to get more in! Today I had my shake, then 2 hours later an egg with cheese, then 2 hours later 1/4 cup of greek yogurt, then grabbed a pudding cup (SF) before Water class- got home and had an powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup and 2 T of pureed apricots , then two hours later - MIDNIGHT- a serving of Eggface's ricotta bake- so my husband an I are staying up so I am not going to bed on a full stomach. Grand total -803 calories. But it was work! I need to find some low carb Protein rich higher calorie foods

What kind of Protein Drink do you have that only has 19 calories?

Stalls suck, but they happen to all of us. You'll get to goal as hard as you're working!

typo- 190! And I do realize if I was to drink a second one that could add 200 cakories easily- but I swear I just on't think I can choke another shake down. They take me at least an hour to drink and are like medicine to me. As soon as I am cleared to add a few strawberries or some banana that will help...and I know it would be good with the exercise. SO I have the Unjury chicken Soup.< /p>

Meggie, sorry to hear you so frustrated! That sucks!

I second the advice to EAT MORE VARIETY. Ever heard of the Shangri-La Diet? Goofya** name but written by an actual scientific researcher, who found out a lot of interesting things about the body's weight set point. Imagine your body has a setting like a thermostat for its weight. When the thermostat is turned down, you will drop weight. When it's turned up, you gain. When the weight is the same as the setting, you stay the same. And the body fights for whichever setting you've got.

The researcher found that DITTO FOODS -- eating the same foods over & over, esp processed foods which are consistent in flavor -- actually RAISED the body's set point for weight. Because the body is all, "Hey, now is a time of plenty, cuz I can find and catch the same food over & over again."

So change it up! Add spices. Add Peanut Butter. Eat something different.

Ever tried turkey or chicken pounded flat and poached in milk, yogurt or cream? With a little garlic, salt and pepper? My mother-in-law prepared that for me a week ago and it was awesome. And very soft, blended up with a single small boiled potato.

I am soooo guilty of this!I just have so much trouble figuring out what to do in this phase. I will make my goal tomorrow eating nothing that I ate today! Thanks!

Thank you all so much- I really needed support today and of course, I got it here.

I'm always convinced I'm losing more slowly than everyone else too. Then I remember, DUDE YOU WANTED TO LOSE SLOWLY. I really do...er, did. LOL. This surgery is such a total mindf**k I can't believe it. I am not an emotional person really, I mean I'm no robot, but I'm not a cryer very often etc. I swore I wouldn't be on the scales every day...well, I am. I swore I wouldn't get all hysterical about my weight...I do (sometimes). I finally just gave up and gave in. I DO weigh every day, I DON'T let it get to me anymore. My weight stalls all the damn time, and I also randomly gain a kilo here and there before finally losing it again. I have lost ~42 lb in 3.5 months and I always see people who've lost like 35 lb in just the first month. ENVY, I have to deal with that damn green monster lol. Oh well, slow, not slow, wtf-ever, I'm just me.

ALSO, I have come to look forward (really) to the times when I'm not losing, because even though I have no measurements, it is during the stalls when I actually get smaller -- and then I know I can move to my smaller clothes. B)

Hang in there, baby!

Hi Meggie

I hope today is a better day for you. I was sleeved just a couple of weeks prior to you and have been watching your progress and video blogs faithfully. Your upbeat attitude and approach to this surgery has been inspiring! I also experienced an 8 day stall starting at week 2 and then another 1-week stall during week 7. Interestingly, it was during the 2nd stall that I realized that the clothes that had fit fine the week prior were almost unwearable the next week even though I only lost 0.4 pounds. I agree with Swizzly that it is during the stalls that I see the biggest changes with how my clothes fit. Now for the good news. After losing only 0.4 during week 7, I lost 4.9lbs during week 8! This was my highest week yet. The only change I made was to really try to vary my food/exercise. I am like you in that I like a routine. I was doing the same exercise and eating almost the exact same foods every day. This last week I consciously tried to vary my foods and increase my calories from 600-700 to 800-900. And regarding carbs....some days I went real low (12) and other days quite high (45). Some of the new things I ate were chopped steak, french toast, olives, Amish cheese (the full fat kind), turkey Jerky, and pea Soup with ham. I was really surprised I lost weight since it has been very hot/humid here this week and I ate a ton of salty foods. I was expecting to retain Water. Just some ideas that worked for me. I had a couple of early morning meetings at work so I skipped exercising for two days mid-week. I am going to have to catch up this weekend.

I am thinking that next week you will have a fabulous week!