Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That food pain in the chest

With cottage cheese being on the full liquid phase for me I am not surprised it went down well- high in Protein too!

I really recommend getting unjury chicken soup- it is tasty and 21 grams per envlopo (which I suspect is two scoops). No proein taste at all and 0 carbs.

I am realizing as I head into real food that carbs matter more and more- for example the Chike Protein I like the taste of just has too many carbs! Most have 11- though they do have 2-3 Fiber so net carbs are lower and my nutritionist approved them yesterday my thought was- do you want a chike for 11 or a pudding cup treat for 12? I imagine you know the answer- I had my 82 grams in mby days end yesterday and my pudding cup was my treat- at 60 calories.

:D :D :D Oh Meggie and Michelle!!

Wanted to let you both know that I tried refried Beans again this morning for Breakfast. I put a little Water in them again to thin them and a little cheese. They went down and did not feel stuck!! YAY HORRAY!!!

Maybe when I tried them last Wednesday, I was still too swollen??? I am happy :D, as I was starting to think somehting was wrong with me! Everyone else is able to eat things I can not and I was sad!

Hugs,

Kelly

Oh Kelly, that is GREAT news, I am so happy you were able to eat them, as I absolutely love my refried beans!!!

YAY doing the happy dance!!! :dance::dance::dance:

:D :D :D Oh Meggie and Michelle!!

Wanted to let you both know that I tried refried Beans again this morning for Breakfast. I put a little Water in them again to thin them and a little cheese. They went down and did not feel stuck!! YAY HORRAY!!!

Maybe when I tried them last Wednesday, I was still too swollen??? I am happy :D, as I was starting to think somehting was wrong with me! Everyone else is able to eat things I can not and I was sad!

Hugs,

Kelly

Yippee!!!!! I think maybe you just needed a little mor healing- which gives me hope for Monday. TOMORROW!

I can do it, I can do it, I can hold off on eating the ricotta bake I am making today until tomorrow ! One more day...

Kelly that is great news- I bet many things that hurt last week will go down better now.

Who knew we would have to learn to eat again

I know, eating now is SO different from how it was before surgery - I dont eat now because I want to ~ I eat now because I have to - I am not really craving anything, except when I was on liquids I wanted my mushy Beans, but now that I can have mushies, there are no cravings, no hunger -

Today me and my hubby went to the mall to walk around for exercise (something I havent been able to do for years) and when we got done, he said, are you about ready to eat? I was like hmmm I dunno, what time is it? I looked and it had been almost 6 hours since I ate last and I said, well I guess I should eat something.... lol

This is still so new and different for me, it still takes me awhile to comprehend it all -

I am glad that you guys (Meggie and Kelly ) are doing so well, and Meggie, you will have to let us know what the first thing you eat tomorrow, and how it was :)

Hugs to you both!!

My plan is a scrambled egg with a little melted cheese.

I just hope I am one of the people who does well with that!

Meanwhile I am finding that even a Protein shake I like is hard to get through and I had to choke it down this afternoon Gag.

This is also a day to be emotional and kinda down- my boys- husband and son- are shooting a wedding in Monterey so it is just me, and no food. MInd you I am not hungry either but its the idea of food and how usually I would have something tsaty when I feel like this.

SO instead....watching all my tivo'd Mob Wives :lol:

Awww Meggie - I am sorry your feeling down, but good for you for watching your Tivo instead of food, see... this is already starting to work - you should be so proud of yourself!!

I LOVE scrambled eggs with cheese, they rank right up there with the refried Beans with cheese lol

I will be watching the boards tomorrow to see how things are going for you

HUGS to you Girlie :)

Meggie asks self- does after midnight count ;-P

No- I will wait- for one thing I have been in a stall for thre days so eating more at midnight is NOT indicated !

You can bet I will be up early though....

meggiep, you are driving yourself mad! Throw out 2 of those scales. Doesn't matter which. Accuracy is not really important. Just pick the one you like the best and toss the other 2s.

Said with love, but: Weighing yourself on 3 scales is a little obsessive ;) I'm obsessive too, so there's no judgment here. The trick is to eliminate the OPTION to be obsessive as much as possible. Hence: toss the scales!

The actual numbers don't matter, neither does if it matches with your Dr's office. Only the trend (down) matters, and not over a few days, but only over MANY days' worth of samples. That is the science of statistics right there :)

PS - now is Monday. Enjoying your mushies?

hello ladies,

i am two weeks post op and my diet plan is v. different from yours - i am already on mushies (as long as i am slow in eating them). i am even allowed toasted white bread (as long as it is not either too soft or too brown), small shaped Pasta (ie letters for babies) and ground meat.< /span>

i had purred meet and courgette on my first day on mushies and it took me forever to eat it but i LOVED it - i am still hungry and weak.... maybe grenlins are still hanging around in me....

but here's what i worry about:

no matter what i eat - yogurt, Soup, egg etc, the FIRST spoonfuls of the day bring a horrible pain on the back of my neck and shoulders - it's excruciating. i have to shut my eyes and lie down and it can last from anywhere between 10 to 45 min. it is different from chest pain. it is not indigestion - i am careful with quantities because my doc said i shouldn't stretch my limits yet. i have not experienced nausea or vomiting at all since after anaesthesia.

subsequent meals do not hurt - just the first one.

any ideas please? i am really suffering...

wow, I have no idea why you would be hurting in the back of your neck or shoulders, unless it really is your stomach acting up and thats where the pain shows up?

I would give your Dr a call and see what they say - sounds awful, so sorry your going through that.

hello ladies,

i am two weeks post op and my diet plan is v. different from yours - i am already on mushies (as long as i am slow in eating them). i am even allowed toasted white bread (as long as it is not either too soft or too brown), small shaped Pasta (ie letters for babies) and ground meat.

i had purred meet and courgette on my first day on mushies and it took me forever to eat it but i LOVED it - i am still hungry and weak.... maybe grenlins are still hanging around in me....

but here's what i worry about:

no matter what i eat - yogurt, Soup, egg etc, the FIRST spoonfuls of the day bring a horrible pain on the back of my neck and shoulders - it's excruciating. i have to shut my eyes and lie down and it can last from anywhere between 10 to 45 min. it is different from chest pain. it is not indigestion - i am careful with quantities because my doc said i shouldn't stretch my limits yet. i have not experienced nausea or vomiting at all since after anaesthesia.

subsequent meals do not hurt - just the first one.

any ideas please? i am really suffering...