Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

29 here, and terrified of loose skin. I am using lots of oils, and body brushing. I've got 90lbs to go but I'll let you know if it works :)

What's body brushing? Sounds like pampering and I loveeeee pampering lol. I have bought some Spanx to put on under my clothes and have became obsessed with them! Haha,I even wear my spanx around the house like all day long and I wear them when I exercise. My doctor said that may help the skin as well in the fact that while the weight is coming off the skin is being compressed rather than just hanging like usual. I am a big fan of Nivea skin firming lotion with Q10,but I would love some ideas on what kind of body oils to use also.

So I researched the internet for answers, and you know how that goes.. I'm probably wasting my time and money on this, but I will NEVER be able to afford plastic surgery so I figure what the heck. Oils-- Jojoba, Vitamin e, and emu oil mixed together. Body brushing is done by a brush I got at a health food store and it gets all the dead skin off, you should do it before you bathe. I also read that some sor of hyaluronic acid can help too. I'm going to try the Spanx idea too!

So I researched the internet for answers, and you know how that goes.. I'm probably wasting my time and money on this, but I will NEVER be able to afford plastic surgery so I figure what the heck. Oils-- Jojoba, Vitamin e, and emu oil mixed together. Body brushing is done by a brush I got at a health food store and it gets all the dead skin off, you should do it before you bathe. I also read that some sor of hyaluronic acid can help too. I'm going to try the Spanx idea too!

Hey it's worth a try! I am totally gonna check out the body brushing thing. Can't hurt and I don't think my insurance is gonna pay for any plastics. I know my belly will be bad,but I don't think it will be bad enough for insurance to cover it so I would have to cash pay. :/

I'm just planning to have it all removed :P

I'm just planning to have it all removed :P

Will your insurance cover or will you cash pay? Lucky dog you! :rolleyes:

I'm 25 too and had 130 to lose. I am now 5 weeks out have lost a total(Pre-op diet and then since surgery) of 40 pounds. My skin seems to be doing ok so far but of course I have alot more to go. I wish you luck on your journey!!!!! Keep us updated!

Thats awesome grl I def will keep everybody updated.and u do the same!..this might sound crazy but im.really nervous about loosing so much weight, like will I even recognize myself, also I know mentally its gonna be hard to not eat like ur used.to eating...i have a million questions lol but how r things goin just a couple weeks out?? R u getting used to it?

I am super worried too! I am only 20 and haven't ever been above 256 so hopefully it won't be too bad.

I have gotten some info from surgeons here in SB and in LA and they said that it is possible to do the skin only and not the muscle so I can still have babies without too much strain. They estimated about 5,000 - 6,000. I think this could be doable for me, I won't be able to get it until about 2 years out anyway, so it is possible.

I hope that I won't have to though!

Thats awesome grl I def will keep everybody updated.and u do the same!..this might sound crazy but im.really nervous about loosing so much weight, like will I even recognize myself, also I know mentally its gonna be hard to not eat like ur used.to eating...i have a million questions lol but how r things goin just a couple weeks out?? R u getting used to it?

It is going great actually. I thought I would still wanna eat the same things like I used to but I truly don't. I am never hungry,and I get full wayyy fast when I actually eat solids. lol. It is hard at first to get in all the liquids and Protein. Ask away girl,we're here to help! I don't regret my surgery at all,I would do it again in a second actually! It is truly the best thing that has happened to me aside from my children of course. =) Oh and yes I am used to my sleeve already,and not bein able to eat much. I love it so much.

I am super worried too! I am only 20 and haven't ever been above 256 so hopefully it won't be too bad.

I have gotten some info from surgeons here in SB and in LA and they said that it is possible to do the skin only and not the muscle so I can still have babies without too much strain. They estimated about 5,000 - 6,000. I think this could be doable for me, I won't be able to get it until about 2 years out anyway, so it is possible.

I hope that I won't have to though!

There is hope! You are so young and didn't get too awfully big so I would think there is some serious hope you won't have many problems with skin at all. Just keep hydrated,keep up with your Vitamins,get a good compression garment,and invest in some great oils and lotions. Oh and exercise your butt of. =)

Hey girls, Im 25 & have my appt tomorrow to set up my surgery date! i am so excited and nervous... I have about 110lbs to lose... Worried about skin too... Good luck ladies!