Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Red Velvets- May Sleevers- How is today?

Today- day seven for me! I cant believe it is my one week surgeversary!

I was a bit concerned because I woke up feeling weak as a kitten and it did not improve after my first Protein Shake but my doctor (my surgeon's office said to call my GP since my doc was in surgery today) said your energy can vary drimatically fter surgery and to watch for a few days and get back to her- also increase fluids (jeeze- I was so proud to have gotten all 64 plus ounces the last two days!)

Of course my hope for her moving me from clears and Protein drinks to fulls liquids was absurd since it is of course my surgeon who will do that. I can't help wondering if the two weeks of this before and now another week hasn't just worn me down- we'll see.

I'll come back and talk more about day six but I want a place for you all to gather your stories so we can check up on each other!

I denied myself the forum to get some work done today- sorry it was late. I'll do it earlier tomorrow!

work = bad! Take it easy please

I can't believe it's been a week, seriously where did the time go?! Did you have any complications during or after aside from not being able to get fluids down? Or I should say, keep them down I guess. Just wondering why they're keeping you on fluids for so long.

xoxo Renee`

Hey

It's day 5 for me and so far my biggest problem has been constipation! The lack of fibre is really messing with my system!

I am not back to work yet but am planning on going tomorrow as I feel ok. My energy levels are fine and today I plan to go shopping to make the liquid diet more interesting!

My incisions are healing well they are not hurting but are a little itchy.

All in all I feel great!

Look forward to hearing how everyone else is getting on!

Loves x x x Faye x x x

work = bad! Take it easy please

I can't believe it's been a week, seriously where did the time go?! Did you have any complications during or after aside from not being able to get fluids down? Or I should say, keep them down I guess. Just wondering why they're keeping you on fluids for so long.

xoxo Renee`

You know- I am wondering about that myself! My doctor told me my liver was great and everything went well. The only inking I have is that my bloodwork showed possible anemia the morning I was to be discharged. My doctor asked for a stat CBC and said if it was lower I would be kept another night AND be given blood and that it could be "seepage" at the staple line. Not a leak.

My CBC was normal.

But it occurred to me that he wants clears and Protein powder so I put this little baby through the leas work right now other than clears only.

All I know is it is HARD! My husbands delish broth is wearing on me. I fantasized about him taking porterhouse steaks, grilling them, and using them for beef broth.< /p>

I would be so happy just for a cream Soup. Sigh.

I think I would have more energy!

Hey

It's day 5 for me and so far my biggest problem has been constipation! The lack of fibre is really messing with my system!

I am not back to work yet but am planning on going tomorrow as I feel ok. My energy levels are fine and today I plan to go shopping to make the liquid diet more interesting!

My incisions are healing well they are not hurting but are a little itchy.

All in all I feel great!

Look forward to hearing how everyone else is getting on!

Loves x x x Faye x x x

I have had a little diarrhea every day- and there is hardly anything in there! So I wouldn't think of it as Constipation - more nothing to come out. Truly- what have you drink that would make anything? ;-P

SO glad you are doing so well!

Oh to answer your other question Renee- no complications- the inability to get things down and vomiting with some liquids was it. Occasional insomnia but I sleep after it and into the day. Somewhat low energy - but- well you know-we have fibro! I expect to be slower getting back in to life. My pain is much much less...and you already saw the picture of my bruises in the hematoma thread.

Happy 7 day surgeversary meggie!

I wanted to thank you for your candid posts & videos! Good to hear you are doing better and getting in 64oz for two days!

I think you are right about your surgeon wanting to be extra kind to your liver. My surgeon already said 3 weeks of thin liquids followed by 3 weeks of purees. Today I realized I won't be eating any solid food until after July 4th!!! (My surgery is on June 1st).

If it wasn't for everyone on VST I think I would get my head examined for going through all of this...huh.gif

One week down and I'm still doing well. The glue on my incisions is starting to peel off and that had me a little concerned until I realized what it was. I am so done with this drain! I can't wait to be rid of it! I haven't had an umbilical cord since I was a fetus and I really haven't missed it! Thursday, that's the follow up appointment. I hope the surgeon takes it out then. I'd hate to go back to work with this darned thing.

And I'm really looking forward to pureed turkey chilli for some reason.

ONWARD!

One week down and I'm still doing well. The glue on my incisions is starting to peel off and that had me a little concerned until I realized what it was. I am so done with this drain! I can't wait to be rid of it! I haven't had an umbilical cord since I was a fetus and I really haven't missed it! Thursday, that's the follow up appointment. I hope the surgeon takes it out then. I'd hate to go back to work with this darned thing.

And I'm really looking forward to pureed turkey chilli for some reason.

ONWARD!

Thanks for the reminder about the peeling....mine will do that too.

My fantasy is egg salad. Not even so far fetched! But about seven weeks away on my doc schedule.

Glad you are doing well!!!

You know- I am wondering about that myself! My doctor told me my liver was great and everything went well. The only inking I have is that my bloodwork showed possible anemia the morning I was to be discharged. My doctor asked for a stat CBC and said if it was lower I would be kept another night AND be given blood and that it could be "seepage" at the staple line. Not a leak.

My CBC was normal.

But it occurred to me that he wants clears and Protein powder so I put this little baby through the leas work right now other than clears only.

All I know is it is HARD! My husbands delish broth is wearing on me. I fantasized about him taking porterhouse steaks, grilling them, and using them for beef broth.< /p>

I would be so happy just for a cream Soup. Sigh.

I think I would have more energy!

I have had a little diarrhea every day- and there is hardly anything in there! So I wouldn't think of it as Constipation - more nothing to come out. Truly- what have you drink that would make anything? ;-P

SO glad you are doing so well!

I was only on clear fluids while in hospital and have been allowed full fluids for 3 days now!

I'm hoping this feeling of being bloated passes soon.

My typical day consists of

1 slimfast shake for Breakfast 250ml

sugar free jelly 250 ml snack

200ml of Soup such as Tom or chicken no bits

150 ml of milk semi skimmed

200ml soup

Cup of olvaltine 400ml

And about 1litre of Water through out the day!

Doesn't look a lot when I write it down but with this sleeve it take me all day!

I can now have smoothies so am going shipping for fruit today!

X x x

Sorry, no Red Velvet credentials, but just a couple things I wanted to interject into your conversation completely uninvited, cos that's just the kind of girl I am. :D

First, I am LOLing that meggie and I both independently used the terminology 'weak as a kitten' this morning (nearly at the same time, too!) to describe that post-op weakness. It totally fits.

Second -- and hopefully not to cause a scandal or controversy -- I DO believe you will feel better when you are eating more normal/varied food. I was very weak at first, and just a day or two after going on to 'normal' foods (limited of course), I felt SO much better. Granted, I moved on to those foods within the first week, but still -- I am just hoping you can feel some optimism that food actually IS good for you :D and WILL make you feel better. Seems obvious, but also seems like nothing is obvious after this 'thumby' (as I call my own wee tum now -- used to be Hedwig, but to be fair to thumby, it's not angry anymore, it's just a thumby) renovation.

Finally, for whatever this is worth, I also have a history with anemia, and Iron level is always one of my concerns. At my first post-op labs, my Iron levels went UP. :blink: Shocking. It might be at least partially down to the mass amounts of cream spinach I was living on (might I recommend this to anyone reading this? It's very good for you, SO easy to get/stay down, and tasty and filling to boot -- I use these little frozen balls of organic cream spinach and zap them in the microwave for like 2 mins...mmmm, green creamy goodness...), but I was just glad to hear those numbers.

Good luck to you all, even though your group name makes me think of (totally inaccessible thank god) CAKE. :P

Reminder: Monthly Sleevers have support group sections. Thank you! :)

I was sleeved May 18 with Dr Hilmy in Harlingen Texas and I love the thought of being a Red Velvet! I'm 47 and taking things slowly at home. My mom (77) came down from San Antonio to stay and I really dread her going back soon! My husband and son are very busy, and I know I will find myself alone soon during the day. When did you all start to drive again? I am just a bit anxious to get out and about again!