Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BCBS of Illinois

Has anyone been approved by BCBS of Illinois since they changed their 3 month supervised diet plan to 6 months? If so, what was your experience? Thanks for the feedback.

Has anyone been approved by BCBS of Illinois since they changed their 3 month supervised diet plan to 6 months? If so, what was your experience? Thanks for the feedback.

I have BCBS of IL also. I am currently in my second month of the 6 month Nutritionist supervised diet. I was told when I was enrolled that I am pre-approved for surgery and that as long as all of the preliminary testing turns out ok I should receive final approval once finished with the program. I hope that helps. Best of luck to you!

I just had my 4th month of the MSWL visit. I am hoping to be submitted in July.

I'm currently in my 4th month as well. My 3 month nutrition visit missed the change in policy by 15 days. My last nutrition visit is scheduled for July 6 and should be submitted shortly after that. I'm hoping to have surgery sometime in August. Our surgeries should be close to one another.

I just had my 4th month of the MSWL visit. I am hoping to be submitted in July.

June 3rd I will be submitting everything to the insurance coordinator for approval with BCBS of Illinois so I will keep you posted! I'm so excited! Almost there!!! I'm going to be a nervous wreck until I find out though "FOR SURE"

Good luck and keep me posted.

June 3rd I will be submitting everything to the insurance coordinator for approval with BCBS of Illinois so I will keep you posted! I'm so excited! Almost there!!! I'm going to be a nervous wreck until I find out though "FOR SURE"

I'm submitting to BCBS of IL for approval today. This is the 2nd time that I've submitted - the first time was a week before they made the change from 3 months to 6 months of dieting. They denied me because the new requirements went into effect before they had made their determination (but after I had submitted), so I had to wait the extra 3 months.

Hopefully I'll have some good news soon!!!

Hi SunnyinSD. When did you begin your nut visits? Good luck on getting approved and please keep me posted.

I'm submitting to BCBS of IL for approval today. This is the 2nd time that I've submitted - the first time was a week before they made the change from 3 months to 6 months of dieting. They denied me because the new requirements went into effect before they had made their determination (but after I had submitted), so I had to wait the extra 3 months.

Hopefully I'll have some good news soon!!!

Sunny - anxious to hear if you were approved? I was told that it had to be MD not Nut visits...

I started the diets backin January. And I sincerely hope that a NUT visit will suffice, because I've only met with a doctor twice. But it was my understanding that "medicall supervised" means doctor or NUT. But I'll find out soon enough.

How exciting! Have you heard anything back yet? I have just finished mine. I did 3 months of WW starting in January and the last 3 months was with a doctor. The Insurance Coordinator has submitted my information this week! I'm anxious and nervous...So many things going in my head! I just have to wait now....

Good luck to all of you!

I have just one (!!!!) MSWL visit left before submission - I emailed my insurance person for the program just trying to see when I can hope to get in once submitted and here is her response :

If all of the information is in place they will send through an approval, but to be honest Blue Cross hasn’t been very easy to work with in the last few months. They have been sending through denials for unfounded reasons, and we have had no problem overturning them, but it does take a little longer to get an approval when that happens. It would not be unheard of to get you on the surgery schedule in around 1 month’s time from the time that we submit you, but that depends on Blue Cross.

YAY!!! I am so excited and nervous!! Possibly will have surgery in less than 2 months!!

I have just one (!!!!) MSWL visit left before submission - I emailed my insurance person for the program just trying to see when I can hope to get in once submitted and here is her response :

If all of the information is in place they will send through an approval, but to be honest Blue Cross hasn’t been very easy to work with in the last few months. They have been sending through denials for unfounded reasons, and we have had no problem overturning them, but it does take a little longer to get an approval when that happens. It would not be unheard of to get you on the surgery schedule in around 1 month’s time from the time that we submit you, but that depends on Blue Cross.

YAY!!! I am so excited and nervous!! Possibly will have surgery in less than 2 months!!

That is awesome! I am so happy for you MeMeMEEE. I only have two more visits left and I am just getting ridiculously excited. It feels like it is so close yet so far.