Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Jovigirl,

you've already rec'd some good advise and positive comments!

Firstly, congrats on taking your health and life back and lsoing an amazing 100lbs... that is just brilliant! You sound sooooo positive and ready to face the rest of your journey head on... and that means just one thing... SUCCESS!!! Your progress to date can only be complimented and you should really bask in yuor own glory!

Your dinner looks lovely by the way... just right to me! Lean Protein is defo the way forward!

When I first started this and was on solid foods, I had a lot of... 'oh well you're not eating enough, no wonder you're tired' and ' well if you don't eat enough your body will suffer' and ' that little food isn't going to give you all the Vitamins you need' ...bla bla bla! And that was from my parents!! I only told a few close friends but they don't get it either.

The other night I was with my friends, and I love them to bits but they just don't 'get it'. They were asking me about my weight loss and I told them that it had really slowed down; they asked me what a typical days food was. I told them, and they focused straight away on my dinner, which when I am in work consists of; 2 tablespoons of tuna with mayo, teaspoon of coleslaw and some lettuce. All in all about 4oz of food. Straight away they said 'oh you are eating too much mayo!' WHAT!! just didn't understand that they extra cals the mayo gives me is what I need to keep going through the afternoon... would they prefer that I wat a Mars bar...lol... I suppose my point is, that it doesn't matter what others say or think. We have to do what is RIGHT for us. If I take the mayo out, the tuna is too dry for my sleeve.... simple!!

Good luck on the rest of your journey to goal ... keep us posted! =]

You have already received a lot of great comments but I will add my two cents worth anyway since I am never at loss for words! :rolleyes:

I am sure that your "friends" meant well but you always have the option of just not responding when people say hurtful and/or thoughtless things. Another idea is my favorite responses to statements that I don't want to have an argument about (not necessarily related to WLS) is to pause, look the person in the eye and, "I can see why YOU might think that." End of story and walk away. It isn't a response that argues with their statement, confirms it or gives it any credibility other that you realize and understand that THEY think it. A hard lesson for me to learn was that other people's criticism tells you only about what THEY value and nothing at all about you.

Congratulations on your amazing results and your improved health! Let's all do the cane-free happy dance for you. :party4:

Oh I am glad she did apologize! .. I dont upload any info on my fitness pal just use their ticker:) and if u compare my posts on here to OH u will find that I am an addict to vertical sleeve.. I just lurk on OH! although ppl there are supportive but here it feels like a family.. I guess this journey not only help us to Lose weight but it build us new personalities ( stronger ones)

U will be where I am in no time I am sure with all ur great efforts and determination.. hugs to u and Kelly ;)

CONGRATS!!!!! Let me just say that your lunch looks good and it made my mouth Water lol! 100lbs down is amazing and very inspiring to me. I have about 130lbs to go myself and posts like yours always give me more motivation. KUDOS to you!!!

First and foremost, Congradulations on the 100 pounds lost! You are such an inspiration to me! You have gotten alot of good advice in this post but let me just say, don't let anyone steal your joy! You have worked damn hard to get where you're at and I think that meal looked great personally. :D Just keep doing what you're doing and don't pay attention to the 'haters' because they are everywhere, big or small... Keep up the good work! :grouphug:

"I can see why YOU might think that." End of story and walk away.

Congratulations on your amazing results and your improved health! Let's all do the cane-free happy dance for you. :party4:

True words thanks and I love the hand free cane dance.Yea!

Wow, I feel so blessed to have had you all take time out to encourage me.

Coops, I use mayo and butter, but the fat free kind and use it to my hearts content and congrats only 25 to go!!!!

Cain'tweight thank you for the prayer I will keep you in mine as we get this next 75 pounds off.

Quints Partay!!! thank U!

Loou I can't wait this is an amazing journey.

Candace and new beginnings. I am speechless that any one would find inspiration in my story.

You guys are the best! I do feel like it's family here. Thanks