Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

Good luck to all of you being banded tomorrow and Weds! Its been 5 days and other then the gas issue in my shoulder, I'm pretty good to go. Still sore where he put the port, but nothing I cannot manage. Like I said the gas pain is unreal for me. Im going for my post op appt tomorrow afternoon, so I will ask him how much longer I should be feeling this much pain. At times I feel like I cant stand it. I have been eating Tomato Soup and even had a yogurt. After almost 2 weeks of liquid I felt like it was a feast! haha....

I am so impressed of how little bruising and how small my inscicons are! They should heal up great! Havent smoked in over a week, so hopefully I can kick the habit this time. I am sure it helped in my healing since it has been before my surgery.

Good luck guys!!

Hi- I'm 12 days out from being banded, and I'm taking in about 900 calories per day, and I feel just plain tired. Was wondering if any one was also feeling like their dragging their a** around behind them?;)

Caroline... I do find myself more tired then usual. I too am taking in between 600 and 900 calories. It's very strange to me eating as little as I am. I decided today to do the calorie count from an average day preband and it was around 3000 for one day! YIKES!

Good luck to all you getting the band in the next few days! I know how nervous you are. It's so exciting!

I was banded on a Thursday and was back to work that Monday. Just depends on your pain tolerance I think. I was up and walking to my own bed an hour after surgery and tearing laps around the floor 2 hours after surgery. Don't get me wrong.. I was really sore and the gas pain made me miserable but it was all worth it.

Let us know how you're doing as soon as you can!

Caroline... I do find myself more tired then usual. I too am taking in between 600 and 900 calories. It's very strange to me eating as little as I am. I decided today to do the calorie count from an average day preband and it was around 3000 for one day! YIKES!

Yup, I figured out that I was 1500 calories pre band. I'm just looking for a little pep in my step- I'm down 10 pounds from my surgery weight, but just have no get up and go!!

Caroline

banded 8/2/06

Dr. Ashley Vernon

Brigham & Woman's Hospital

GOOD LUCK to everyone going in over the next few days! I can only imagine how nervous you guys are! I'm nervous and mine is a week from tomorrow!

Today is the mid-point for my 2 week liquid diet and I really hope I can make it!! My energy level is soooo low and I have a physically demanding job, I actually had to leave early one day because I thought I was going to faint!!! Is anyone else in a high paced job??? How do you handle it on no sugar and such low cal intake?? For now I'm just gettin through it, I know I'll be glad I did!!! ;)

Scribby -- excellent on the no-smoking thing. I'm sending prayers and lots of good vibes your way. That's a lot to take on - I admire you.

Robin -- I'm so glad your MRI went well -- I was wondering how you were doing.

Like Robin, tomorrow I will be 12 days since being banded. I feel fully healed, but I know that I'm not done on the inside. I've been a little non-compliant and have picked up my son a few times and then yesterday I felt it, so I've re-upped my commitment not to pick him up for 2 more weeks. :cry

Otherwise, my eating habits are pretty good. I'm mainly using soft foods, but the peanuts are saving me at work. Today I worked from 8-5:30 without taking a lunch break and it was nice to be able to make it on a couple of ounces of peanuts, and some yogurt. I had an adkins high-protein shake for dinner and didn't feel hungry all day. That's amazing for me.

But, the other day, I was able to eat more of an omlet than I thought I should be able to eat. So, it seems like there is a big range in my "fullness". I haven't had anything come back up yet, so I'm just trying to learn my new stomache!

Good luck to you mid-August and late August bandsters. It's an adventure.

Jessica

I am 12 days out now ( 11 from the second surgery) and I fel pretty back to normal....except for the tired stuff. I have increased my protien to 64 gms per day but am still draggin most days. Being back to work has kept me distracted but I would rather lay on the couch! I have lost 11 pounds since surgery.I am taking between 600 and 900 calories a day but the scale has now stalled. Not budging! Which is sort of a bummer. Going for my post op tomorrow so maybe the nutritionist will have a suggestion and maybe they will get me get off these liquids!

I did have a small NSV which was so fun. I was watching tv and felt something on my wrist. I thought it was a bug. When I looked over to brush it off it was my watch ...it had fallen down my arm from my wrist!

Just waiting for my pants to fall off now!!;)

Good luck to all the banders having surgery this week. You are in my prayers!

I am 12 days out now ( 11 from the second surgery) and I fel pretty back to normal....except for the tired stuff. I have increased my protien to 64 gms per day but am still draggin most days. Being back to work has kept me distracted but I would rather lay on the couch! I have lost 11 pounds since surgery.I am taking between 600 and 900 calories a day but the scale has now stalled. Not budging! Which is sort of a bummer. Going for my post op tomorrow so maybe the nutritionist will have a suggestion and maybe they will get me get off these liquids!

Bandster16 - I'm so glad someone else feels tired, I keep thinking of the Geritol commercials ( Feeling low? you may have Iron poor blood) I'm self employed, (sell antiques) and I just want to lie down and sleep. Before sugery, when I was feeling slow I'd down a sugar free red bull and get back to work. I did get permission from my nutritionist to have caffienne but I'm not supposed to count it as part of my 56 extra ounces of Fluid per day. Problem is red bull is carbonated. I quess our bodies have to adjust to 900 calories per day. People will have to understand I quess. I backslid on the smoking and had 3 cigarettes yesterday, hoping it would give me a pep up, but now I have to go back on the patch. I wish I had been prepared for feeling so tired. I really believe that the docs and nurses leave out stuff just so we decide to go through with this. I'm not complaining, but it would have been nice to have a warning. The doctor could have said, it will take your body a few weeks to adjust to the caloric intake, so don't make any plans.! I wonder how long it will take us to get our energy back??;)

Caroline

banded 8/2/06

Dr. Ashley Vernon

Brigham & Woman's Hospital - Boston

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to pop in a say hello. I just completed the first 34 hours ;) of my two-week liquid pre-op diet. I'm getting hunger headaches but other than that, things are going ok.

Of course I'm excited and looking forward to August 28th!!!

For those of you who are feeling tired, a nutritionist friend of mine said to be sure to drink lots of Water and take in lots of Protein. I have at least 120 grams a day. I eat lo-fat mozarella sticks, yogurt, drink Isopure and add unjury to just about everything.

Yesterday I was able to eat a small amount of chicken (about 1/4 of 1 small breast) and 5 pieces of cooked asparagus and felt full and fine. I chewed till the cows came home before I swallowed. I had a mid evening snack of popcorn which presented no problem. No hunger, pain, or gas, can sleep on my stomach, and have returned to full exercise. I take in around 800-900 calories per day.

Denise H.: Good luck on your surgery. I know you will do just fine if you keep a positive attitude. I found this forum to be so helpful on what to do/not to do, what to eat/not to eat. Read through as many different posts as you can before your surgery. It help me develop my own checklist of what to have on hand in terms of food, medical supplies,etc.

Best of luck!:clap2:

I will be banded Monday, August 21st! I am so excited, nervous, anxioius, etc. I am sure that you can relate! I want to do the right thing, eat the right foods (or liquids!), etc. Does anyone have any information on what to eat, what not to eat, what to do, etc.? I am trying to get all my information together into one binder so I won't have to 2nd guess. I know that the Dr will give me Post-Op Diet Instructions, but I have to be back at work the next week and I don't know how to handle that!!! Congrat's to everyone who has had the surgery! You guys are doing great! I am VERY encouraged by your success. I want to be a success story like all of you!!!! :)

I want to be considered a part of the "August Band Crew!"

Surgery 8/21/2006

Pre Surgery Weight 235lbs

Ideal Weight 145lbs

I really believe that the docs and nurses leave out stuff just so we decide to go through with this. I'm not complaining, but it would have been nice to have a warning. The doctor could have said, it will take your body a few weeks to adjust to the caloric intake, so don't make any plans.! I wonder how long it will take us to get our energy back??:)

My doctor told me that even with light weight work I'd probably need 2 weeks off to adjust and get rest. I was back to work in 4 days and even though I'm only getting about 30 grams of protien a day and between 500 and 1000 calories I haven't been too tired. I notice I'm exhausted at night but otherwise I'm still able to do everything I want for the most part. Not 100% but pretty close. Considering I just had surgery I never expected myself to be 100% afterwards. There's always an adjustment for your body to go through.

Hang in there Caroline... the tired feeling won't last forever:)

Can someone help me i'm trying to add the progress tracker i went to ticker factory and made one but now dont know how or where to add to my profile and then how to update it when i've lost more weight thanks

i think i figured out how to add to my profile still not sure how to update it

:omg:

I've been SOOOO excited about getting banded. Until this morning. I had a tooth break, no big deal, it's happened before. I know my insurance doesn't pay all of the crown cost, and it made me freak out. :omg:

I'm self-pay, and it hit how much in debt we are going, and how little we'll have available for emergencies like teeth afterwards. I'm wondering why in the world I thought this was a good idea and that we could do it.

Rationally, we have a home equity line of credit that we plan to use. DH is totally on board, and I have great support from family, friends and co-workers. But all of a sudden I'm having lots of doubts.:faint:

Omg! I feel exactly the same way! I am using a home equity line of credit to pay for the surg too. My dh is saying that this is something we really need to do for my health, but i feel scared and guilty because i know our finances are going to be VERY tight over the next 4 years paying this off. My husband works construction, so paychecks can sometimes get a lot smaller over the winter,etc, etc. I'm being banded aug 31st. I hope i'm doing the right thing.:omg: