Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The GNC AMP 60 is the best I have tasted in choclate. It is very smooth and not gritty. Before Suregery I was using 2 scoops now after surgery 1 to 1/2 and some milk. Also bough some raspberry SF Torani Suryp and add a bit to make shake yummmm! And she is right they do refund your money if you don't like it.

Thanks! I bought a small bag of this today and will try it later or tomorrow! Crossing my fingers!

I can't stand vanilla, chocolate or strawberry flavored drinks which makes finding suitable Protein drinks really difficult. I found the nectar drinks mentioned earlier and they literally saved me in the liquid phase. Carb free and 23g of Protein make them super healthy. Tasting like kool-aid without a weird smell or aftertast make them flippin' awesome! I'm a big fan of the Crystal Sky and Fuzzy Navel flavors- be warned that the Lemon Tea flavor was pretty awful, though.

Here's a link to check them out if interested: http://www.bariatricadvantage.com/catalog/categoryHandler?cat=Bariatric Advantage : nectar : Tub&expand=1">My link

You're resourceful and tenacious- I am sure you will work this out!

Best wishes!

Amanda

I had gotten a box of Fuzzy Navel- can't remember whether it was from BA or from Syntrax- and I am so happy to report that I tried one today and though I do not care for the splenda aftertaste and do not imagine having it as my regular Protein Shake I was able to drink a whole one and there was no protein aftertaste. Hooray!

Contact the company, they had a bad batch and they will replace direct to your door, no charge. I drink them every day!

Are you sure? Do you mean there is no strong protein powdery aftertaste with them? The thing is, my husband thought it was ok- not great but OK. I would imagine a bad batch would taste bad to everyone.

Breakfast Greek yogurt (15g)

Glass milk (10g)

Lunch chicken breast & salad (25g)

Snack Greek yogurt (15g)

Dinner Chicken breast & salad (25g)

Glass milk (10g)

Hey TJP, can I ask what you ate to get 100grams of Protein on mushies? I can't imagine being able to consume that with the serving sizes being 2-3 ounces. Appreciate the help!

Glass milk (10g)

lunch chicken breast & salad (25g)

Snack Greek yogurt (15g)

dinner chicken breast & salad (25g)

Glass milk (10g)

This is amazing! My only thought is that it is a bit too high in carbs if you are smeone who wants to limit those. DO you know what that total is?

I love thinking I can do without the supplements. I know that is the goal.

So the result today-

I tried the GNC Wheybolic 60 with Water, no additives. I have decided before I start doctoring them I want to taste them as they are, plain.

It tasted kinda like Quik, though as with the nectar it has a sweet splenda aftertaste. Why are these so sweet? I hate that aspect. But as with the nectar I did drink it, and could stand it. Yay again!

Tonight I had a Bariatric Advantage chocolate Meal Replacement. I was tired of the thin ones I had so chose to mix this with Milk- not realizing it was a thicker drink to begin with so it was really thick. It was ok- still too sweet for me but my husband LOVED it ;-P Of course how he could tell with the huge quantity of food he seemed to be shoveling into his face today is beyond me. :P Bitter much, Meggie?

Tomorrow I will try some powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and also try doctoring some of the shakes.

I really really want an unflavored Protein to mix into things though. I was directed to one that is sold out. Is there such a thing?

So the result today-

I tried the GNC Wheybolic 60 with Water, no additives. I have decided before I start doctoring them I want to taste them as they are, plain.

It tasted kinda like Quik, though as with the nectar it has a sweet splenda aftertaste. Why are these so sweet? I hate that aspect. But as with the nectar I did drink it, and could stand it. Yay again!

Tonight I had a Bariatric Advantage chocolate Meal Replacement. I was tired of the thin ones I had so chose to mix this with Milk- not realizing it was a thicker drink to begin with so it was really thick. It was ok- still too sweet for me but my husband LOVED it ;-P Of course how he could tell with the huge quantity of food he seemed to be shoveling into his face today is beyond me. :P Bitter much, Meggie?

Tomorrow I will try some unjury and also try doctoring some of the shakes.

I really really want an unflavored Protein to mix into things though. I was directed to one that is sold out. Is there such a thing?

Just a note unflavoured does not mean it has no taste. It means there is no chocolate or vanilla or strawberry flavour. If you are having problems getting down Proteins due to taste you will most likely NOT like unflavoured. Just an FYI. I like pretty much all the flavoured Proteins and am having trouble with getting the unflavoured down. It leaves a weird taste in my smoothies. I think I will just bake with it or something to use it up.

Hi Meggie, I didn't count carbs. I've been scared off from that a bit since I did Atkins for 10 days and gained 7lbs - and I stuck to the diet 100%!! I'm just happy doing low carb rather than super low (plus I get constipated if I go too low).

This is amazing! My only thought is that it is a bit too high in carbs if you are smeone who wants to limit those. DO you know what that total is?

I love thinking I can do without the supplements. I know that is the goal.

Glass milk (10g)

lunch chicken breast & salad (25g)

Snack Greek yogurt (15g)

dinner chicken breast & salad (25g)

Glass milk (10g)

This is on mushies? I guess I need to read more about what mushies are. I was thinking it was all applesauce and pureed stuff.

The best Protein I have tried so far is Pure Protein 100% whey Protein powder Frosty chocolate. I mix it with skim milk and a spoonful of ff/ss chocolate pudding. Not as sweet tasting as many of them and not much aftertaste.

Ah, good idea. Better start collecting samples now. I am just scared that my tastes will change drastically after surgery. :(

awww man, I feel terrible for you! My surgeon does not require a single Protein drink...NOT ONE! So it can be done!!

I am on pureed for the first couple of weeks and then weeks 3 & 4, I get to start on my Stage 3 diet, which includes scrambled eggs, Peanut Butter, refried Beans, lean ground meats...YUMMY STUFF! I feel very blessed to have the surgeon I do!!

I probably didn't have quite that much until I was 3 or 4 weeks out. I was allowed anything pureed or chewed to mush when I was on mush, but as I say just concentrate on fluids in the early days.

This is on mushies? I guess I need to read more about what mushies are. I was thinking it was all applesauce and pureed stuff.

The best Protein I have tried so far is Pure Protein 100% whey Protein powder Frosty chocolate. I mix it with skim milk and a spoonful of ff/ss chocolate pudding. Not as sweet tasting as many of them and not much aftertaste.

I was told ahead of time to try and find some Protein Shakes, and have tried a few. I have severe lactose intolerance and am having some problems with whey. At the Sprouts market here in town, I found a bottle of what I thought was milk, but it was a Protein Shake. It was made by one of the national milk companies, Shamrock Farms or something like that. If you like milk, it is really good. They have vanilla, chocolate and I want to say strawberry too. They don't have any weird aftertaste and to me taste great. I have had the chocolate and thought it was true chocolate milk. I didn't get sick, either. The bottle said it had 20 grams of Protein, so I plan on getting more. I hope you find something you like.