Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got My Date!! MAY 9th! Anyone else have the same day?

Holy Moley about eating everything not nailed down. I've lost 75 lbs on my own and the closer I get to a possible surgery date (I go into the hospital tomorrow to sign the papers!); the more I eat.

Going the cardiologist office, I just knew that I was having a heart attack and all I was going in to in to have the doctor to read the results of the stress test and give me an all clear!

When the cardiologist told me to tell the surgeon to schedule me for surgery, thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest.

Blood pressure began to drop then elevate! I immediately did what I always do when I'm beyond stressed, I grabbed 6 turkey meatballs, followed by a snickers candy bar and a selzer Water, 1 package of strawberry Cookies, 1 package of nuts! luck for me I'm eating vending machine sized portions; otherwise I would be OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!! (Not in one sittling - all eaten during the course of the day)

All the best to the May VSGers! I'm shooting for 5/31!!!!! Wish me luck!

Even if I didn't recognize your moniker I would know you from your turkey meatballs, snickers, and vending machine! I've watched all your videos ;-P

My Surgery date is May 9th as well. I started my pre op diet today which consists of 1 slimfast high Protein shake for Breakfast and lunch and 3 slimfast snack bars, one after Breakfast, one after lunch and one after dinner with a meal at night that is 5 ounces of Protein with 2 cups of veggies. I was having a hard time figuring out what to make and how much for dinner, then my wonderful husband came in and said... you want me to cook something for you... I gladly let him as I was having a hard time. This is only for two weeks and will be oh so worth it in the end! :)

Michelle

I am having a hard time believing that I finally have a date! I have waited SOOOO long and jumped through so many hoops. I am wondering when it is going to sink in. I have my final consultant with my surgeon in the morning, so maybe that will finally get it to sink in.

One of my biggest problems, I have been eating everything I can get my hands on the last couple of days. I am sure tomorrow he will tell me when to start on my pre-op diet....think I need to start sooner than later!

AACCCKKKKK....3 weeks from right now I will be post-op! YOWZA!

Hello All,

I also am a May 9th sleever as well rolleyes.gif. I am getting very nervous now! This liquid diet thing is harder than I thought it would be. Cooking for the family and then having the shakes is really getting old sad.gif I just have to keep thinking of

the positive outcome that will soon be coming!

Melinda rolleyes.gif

Hang in there Melinda!! I cannot imagine how hard it would be to have to be on liquids and cook my family meals! UGH! I am very lucky to not have a liquid diet until the day before, and then only from noon on, so will enjoy a Mother's Day Brunch with my family!

LOVE the RED VELVET GANG! :D

My heart stopped yesterday!!! My phone rings and the caller ID shows the surgeon's office. YIKES! When I was in for my last appt, they said "See you at the hospital, we are done on this end." Amazing how many things ran through my head before I answered. I thought FOR SURE they were calling to tell me things were called off. So I answer, and she says, "This is Julie from Dr. Strands office...First let me say, Surgery is still on"! :rolleyes: I laughed and told her she made my heart about stop, she laughed and said that is why she says that first thing!! She was calling to tell me my HPYLOR test was positive. So I have to be one a Prev Pac for 10 days. Good thing they know what they are doing and leave time for that after the test! Guess thats why they make the big bucks!! LOL!

Hey Red Velvet Gang..where is everyone from and where are you having surgery??

I am from Yankton, SD and am having my surgery in Sioux Falls, SD with Dr. Strand.

Well, I am glad they didn't have to cancel your surgery! That is my biggest fear!

I am from Fort Worth, Texas and I will be having surgery at Baylor at Trophy Club Medical Center with Dr. David Kim.

Hang in there Melinda!! I cannot imagine how hard it would be to have to be on liquids and cook my family meals! UGH! I am very lucky to not have a liquid diet until the day before, and then only from noon on, so will enjoy a Mother's Day Brunch with my family!

LOVE the RED VELVET GANG! :D

My heart stopped yesterday!!! My phone rings and the caller ID shows the surgeon's office. YIKES! When I was in for my last appt, they said "See you at the hospital, we are done on this end." Amazing how many things ran through my head before I answered. I thought FOR SURE they were calling to tell me things were called off. So I answer, and she says, "This is Julie from Dr. Strands office...First let me say, Surgery is still on"! :rolleyes: I laughed and told her she made my heart about stop, she laughed and said that is why she says that first thing!! She was calling to tell me my HPYLOR test was positive. So I have to be one a Prev Pac for 10 days. Good thing they know what they are doing and leave time for that after the test! Guess thats why they make the big bucks!! LOL!

Hey Red Velvet Gang..where is everyone from and where are you having surgery??

I am from Yankton, SD and am having my surgery in Sioux Falls, SD with Dr. Strand.

I'm next week -- and I'm feeling everything everyone else is! I wasn't required to do pre-op because my BMI is 35. Although now it's probably higher. Way over-eating and not feeling like exercising. :( I'm sure that's not what the Dr. had in mind. I will start a "cleanse" with shakes and lean Protein tomorrow, just so I will feel better.

Feeling depressed too because food is my favorite form of medicating every feeling. Happy. Eat. Sad. Eat. Stressed. Eat. I will schedule an appointment with my family counselor to work through it. I am scared I won't be able to stick to Clear Liquids and liquids only and soft... and will compromise my staple line...and will have complications. I need to start thinking positive. At my bible study, the lesson was all about God giving us second chances -- and this is mine! (I had lap band with multiple problems, but it's been out for five years.)

Also feeling very alone because I haven't really told anyone -- just a friend and a family member...but I need to tell my adult child... and I keep putting it off because i don't want to alarm anyone.

So I'm glad I have all of you.

Your enthusiasm and spirit and positive energy keeps me going. I will post when I get home for all the 5/9 red velvets!

Hey fellow May 9 thers, I am on day 3 of my pre op and oh boy is it hard..i wish i could just hide in a room and dare someone to come in with the smell of food on them...But i cant..lol dont get me wrong i am staying strong...but i have 5 other people in the house and 3 are my babies and i have to make them meals too...that is the hardest part...lol i do have a nagging headache and feel like laying around all the time..but i did Zumba last night and i about passed out i was sooo dizzy and sick to my tummy. i know that this will all change soon enough..thanks to this site it makes my days go alot better

OK Red Velvets.....I have to share my new YUMMY find!

B) ARIZONA DIET PEACH TEE!!!! It is AMAZING! B)

Its making giving up my 8-a-day diet coke addiction much easier. My surgeon was ok with any no calorie non carbonated drink, but my PC really wants me to try to stay away from Aspertame as much as possible and look for Splenda. Let me tell ya, that is no easy task! JEESH! Another one I have found is PROPEL ZERO! Its okay, I like the tea much much much better!!

So far, I can only find it at WalGreens where I live...it was just on sale 2/$1 for the big 23oz cans...Limit of 4. They were out and so I asked if they would order me a case...and she says..."Limit of 4". So I say, No problem, I have a big family and we can each get 4! ;) So she gives me the raincheck! YEAH!!! Picked it up today!! ( and they let me buy them all by myself, didn't have to wait and bring the kids with! )

Everyone, lets share what things we are planning to take with us to the hospital.....

So far, my must haves are:

Chapstick (hospitals are SO dry!)

My Nook....( I live to read! Got a new library stocked for surgery and after!)

My Laptop ( I will be staying a few days longer due to previous health issues)

Halls Refresh for dry mouth

SF Lemon Drops ( my surgeon suggested, also for dry mouth)

SF Gum ( again, right from my surgeon )

My Cell Phone and Charger! ( gonna miss my babies! )

Pillows ( i like my own!)

Comfy pj's ( actually sweat pant capris and t shirts! )

My bathroom stuff

and the most important thing I am bringing.... MY AMAZING HUBBY!! :D

Gues what May 9ers .................. we have 8 days until our big day!!!! Can I get a WOOT WOOT??? LOL

Now for what I am going to take....

chapstick

Phone w/ charger

Pillow

hair clips to hold my hair back out of my face

SF Gum/candy to suck on

Am I missing anything important??

Everyone, lets share what things we are planning to take with us to the hospital.....

So far, my must haves are:

Chapstick (hospitals are SO dry!)

My Nook....( I live to read! Got a new library stocked for surgery and after!)

My Laptop ( I will be staying a few days longer due to previous health issues)

Halls Refresh for dry mouth

SF Lemon Drops ( my surgeon suggested, also for dry mouth)

SF Gum ( again, right from my surgeon )

My Cell Phone and Charger! ( gonna miss my babies! )

Pillows ( i like my own!)

Comfy pj's ( actually sweat pant capris and t shirts! )

My bathroom stuff

and the most important thing I am bringing.... MY AMAZING HUBBY!! :D

I'll be right behind you guys. I'm May 10th, which also happens to be my birthday :D . I'm sure wishing I could have red velvet cake for my birthday. I still have 2 bigs slabs of red velvet cake from my wedding in the freezer. Maybe I can have a couple of bites in October on my 1 year wedding/6 month sleeve anniversary.