Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you do it again or choose another option?

If you could go back and do it over? What would you do?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If you could go back and do it over? What would you do?

• Lap Band is perfect for my needs and I would do it again.
    • I would do a bypass surgery or the switch. They seem to work better.
    • I would diet and exercise.
    • I don't really know what I would do. I am still confused what is best.

I was banded 10/28, had a fill a couple weeks ago and have no restriction. I've still not regained anything which I'm happy about because I always gained at Christmas time. I would do again in a heartbeat because I know it will work for me. I'll see that it does.

Originally I was not in favor of having the band. My wife decided to go for it and after losing weight and gaining most of it back we decided to do it on the same day.

I would certainly do it again.

Joe Frank

My band is brilliant.....it is I that is the failure!!! I lose a load of weight then put loads back on....a bit like all my life really. So having seen my hubby (and loads of friends and associates) have RNY and DS (hubby had RNY in June this year and is 28lbs from goal) and have the added attraction of malabsorption, I think maybe that should have been the option for this weak minded girl. But my band is brilliant and works hard as hell for me.

I was banded nearly five months ago and its been really slow losing the weight (only 10.5kgs/23 pounds to date) but I am now at a point where clothes are fitting better, I have more energy and I can get through events like xmas without the torture of food and weight. I like that with the band its something I still need to work for and I am actually the one achieving it along with my band - even getting to where I am now I am proud of me and what I have learnt.

I have no regrets here! I'd do this again in a heartbeat. It took me quite some time to make up my mind but I knew that I had to do something to help with my weight. I just kept adding pounds and adding pounds - each year I just inched up and up. I was taking blood pressure medicine, blood sugar medicine, depression medicine, cholesterol medicine every day. I am no longer taking any meds (other than my Flintstones) - Hoo Rah. I feel good and I just take it a day at a time. I'm wearing clothes I haven't gotten into in years. It feels good. I can only imagine being at goal weight, but if I just keep plugging away 8-10 pounds a month, I'll eventually get there. Afterall, it took me a long time to get in this condition - so I can only expect it to take several months to take it off.

OK, I asked this question while I was trying to decide on the surgery. It took me a year to make my decision to do it. I can tell you that this is the best thing I have ever done for ME. I have lost 60 lbs and I know that I can never gail it back. I have a hard time eating cakes and cupcakes and when I look at them instead of saying to myself I will eat only one, I say I can't eat these because they will come back up. It sounds weird but I now don't even consider eating certain things that I pigged out on before. I would beg borrow or steal to do this surgery again if I had to!!

Even though the band can be slow and long stalls seem the norm, I still would be afraid to let someone chop up my insides. I look at it like this- It is the band or nothing for me and I so want to be healthy again.