Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OOPS! I forgot I was sleeved!

Today I went over my mom's house and she had guest. The guest had her 2year old son and he gave me a piece of candy! I forgot about my sleeve surgery mushie food diet!!! 1/2 through my Laffy Taffy yummy strawberry chew candy I felt so full and uncomfortable, then I remembered... I was not suppose to eat that. Lucky for me being 16days post op, I am now use to eating little itty bitty bites, I ate that half of the candy in about 1/2 an hr mostly by letting it disolve in my mouth. I was so worried I would get sick, 2hrs later, here I am.. fine :)

have any of you forgotten as well?

I haven't had my sleeve yet, but I have thought about this happening. I cook A LOT and I really don't notice until I pay attention how much I lick my fingers or taste of stuff. Also a lot of times when I'm not paying attention my twins will want to share their Snacks or something with me and I'll eat it without even thinking about it (which sometimes is not a good thing cause they will pick up anything and eat it). Sometimes once I realize I ate something they put in my mouth, I'll be like "okay that was food from today right?" I'm gonna have to really start paying attention after my surgery!

I was about to be like, WHAT why no laffy taffy but I see you are still so new post -op! LOL I have had one small laffy taffy candy since surgery and it was Great but SO SWEET that I didn't want any more! LOL

Isn't that the stuff that is also kinda sour too? I used to get that quite a bit when I was a kid on my way home from school. If it's the stuff I remember it had a wonderful bitter sweet intense fruity flavor. I'd probably barf with it in my mouth now but I used to love it.

Sometimes I forget too...:rolleyes: Yesterday I had chicken breast and in the end I poured a full glass of Water down. It was sooooo painful. I could not put it out no matter how much I tried... for about an hour I was in great pain and afraid I was going to pop my stomach open. :blink:

Hello Jasper Girl,, You are doing so well,, we were sleeved the same date. I haven't as much weight as i want yet. Your progress is phenomenial. Are you exercising? will you please give me a typical day of what you are eating?

Thanks so Much

Isn't that the stuff that is also kinda sour too? I used to get that quite a bit when I was a kid on my way home from school. If it's the stuff I remember it had a wonderful bitter sweet intense fruity flavor. I'd probably barf with it in my mouth now but I used to love it.

Rootman, I believe you are thinking of Now & Laters. They were really tart to me, but oh so good. Laffy Taffy is mostly just sweet.

I'm 4 days post op and I have a number of dreams were I try to eat and have forgotten that I can't right now. While awake I've had zero hunger and no interest in putting anything in my mouth.

Hello Jasper Girl,, You are doing so well,, we were sleeved the same date. I haven't as much weight as i want yet. Your progress is phenomenial. Are you exercising? will you please give me a typical day of what you are eating?

Thanks so Much

Hi!!!

Happy same sleeve day to you! lol, I don't exercise, I plan to maybe in a week or so, just the treadmill for now. To answer your typical eating day.... sigh.. I can't eat much!! I will give you an example of what I ate today so far. I woke up and around 8am had 2 oz of double Protein shake, I was turbo full. For lunch, at 12pm I had 1/4 of a poached egg, I can't fit anything else :( around 1pm I had 6oz of Sobee 0Calorie fiji apple/pear Water thing. Right now I am mega stuffed, for dinner I will have maybe 2oz of chicken broth. When I do have pureed or mushie food, I get stuffed very easy, maybe even 2 small fork tip bites of food.

This weekend I went to my friend's birthday party, I was told to bring a dish (it was a surprise party so we all took something to make a buffet) I made a high Protein bean salad. So my hubby and I ate in the corner alone just so I won't have people asking me questions or making faces to see how little I can eat. My brother ended up joining us in the corner and he had a tostada.... well as we were eating, talking and laughing, I grabbed a piece of his tostada and ate it!!!!!! I don't know if that is why I have a deep pulsating pinch feeling since then. I hope it passes, I feel so stupid for doing that. I hope I didn't do damage. urgh! I need to not forget I was sleeved!

Nooo, I'm reminded EVERYDAY i've been sleeved. My restriction doesn't allow me too much. . but i sure do enjoy a sweet treat every now and then thats for sure!!! Your doing great! Keep up the great work!

Nooo, I'm reminded EVERYDAY i've been sleeved. My restriction doesn't allow me too much. . but i sure do enjoy a sweet treat every now and then thats for sure!!! Your doing great! Keep up the great work!

that reminds me, lol. This weekend at my friend's bday party, her sister is a baker in a some fancy bakery and makes the bestestestest cakes. I knew I couldn't have cake, so I licked the ribbon the cake had as a decoration, lol My daughter looked at me so shocked and said mommy you are going to get sick. I said no, sleeved people don't dump and winked.. I am bad!

I also have had a mishap and forgot I was sleeved! I think it is still because I am not thinking straight yet! I am glad I am not the only one who has done this. It made me feel so dumb! My family first made sure I was OK and then said, Wow, Mom, You are so BLONDE! It was definetly an uncomfortable time for my stomach, and the laughing didn't help! But, we all make mistakes and it is best to laugh at them and move on. That's what I did!:P

I went out to dinner and "forgot" too. I started slurping though a straw, got a huge bubble in my stomach then tried to take a nexium for the gas and threw up into my hand while running to the ladies room...LOL you live and learn....:)

I went out to dinner and "forgot" too. I started slurping though a straw, got a huge bubble in my stomach then tried to take a nexium for the gas and threw up into my hand while running to the ladies room...LOL you live and learn....:)

oh my! glad I am not the only one then. I have a birthday party to go to this weekend. I am very close to these people and I know during dinner I will forget. I will have to have my husband or daughter nudge me or kick me under the table if they see me over eating again, lol.

I have dreams all the time about eating something I shouldnt. I had them weekly right after surgery not as often now. I had a dream recently that I took a huge gulp of soda out of a straw at a resturant and then felt very sick. I have put things in my mouth to taste it while I was cooking and spit them out as soon as I realized it. But the best was the day before surgery when you can have nothing but clear fluids, I took the Lord's Supper at church with out thinking about it and then completely freaked out that the doctor would cut open my stomach and find the tiny wafer and grape juice.

Glad I am not the only one who has these crazy thoughts.