Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was approved by Aetna

I wanted to create this thread to help people understand what you need to do that have Aetna. I know every insurance policy is different, but with Aenta you generally do the same thing. I know when I started on my weight loss journey I was SO confused on EXACTLY what I needed. I was just approved this morning and I am beyond excited. This is what I did for the 90 day multi-disciplinary program - You need documents showing you have had a BMI of 40+ for the last two consecutive years (or a BMI 35+ with co-morbidities) I went to my PCP and asked for these records myself and faxed them to the surgeon's office. - You need to see a nutritionist once a month for three consecutive months (for example I saw my NUT once in November, once in December, and once in January.) You need to make sure your NUT faxes your information to your surgeon's office. - You need to do some sort of exercise regimen through a qualified professional. My friend is an exercise therapist and we did Water aerobics every Tuesday and she filled out paper work telling what I did. Again, you need to do this for three months! I'm sure you could either get a personal trainer, go to yoga classes, go to water aerobic classes, go to the gym at the hospital. Just make sure someone describes what you did and signs it. - You need to log your food for 90 days (that is for the behavorial modification portion of what they're wanting). Also my surgeon's office said Aetna likes to see that you attened some support groups for behavorial modification. I attended two support groups. - Also ask your surgeon's office if they have a pre-made template titled WLS MD Monitored program. You need to get that sheet of paper filled out at every doctor's appointment. It will have your current weight, blood pressure, and temperature. Then the doctor will just fill out what you talked about diet wise and behavior modification wise. I still have the template in my email address so if you want it please send me a message. My surgeon's office said this template wasn't absolutely necessary, it just makes Aetna approve you faster with a greater advantage of getting approved. My information was submitted to Aetna on a Thursday and I was approved by Tuesday. That is all I did for Aetna alone. Of course your surgeon's office will have you do many other little appointments and all that good stuff. Hope this helps some people out with any questions about Aetna!

I had atena and I didn't have to do all that some of it but not all

Hi and congratulations on your approval. Can u send me the template. Carolcay1961@aol.com. Thank u.

I would also like the template too please, if you have it. dannalcollins@gmail.com.

Thanks

I got my Aetna approval today! I am super excited!