Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Roberto Rumbaut

I'm scheduled for 8/10 with Dr. Rumbaut. Excited and a little freaked out all at the same time... Kelli

Hi Everyone !

I'm SO excited , and a little bit scared, as I'm getting banded by Dr. Rumbaut on 1st August !! It's very reassuring to hear such good reports on him though.

My problem at the moment is finding good aftercare. I live in Kissimmee, Florida ~ does anyone know a good doctor in this area ? I'm trying to contact Dr. Grossbard, but he can be picky about who he takes on.....

Is anybody out there being banded the same time as me ? I'd love to meet you !

Also, I'd heard about the gas pain, but why do the ports hurt ?? Is that just the surgery pain, or do they stick in/out and hurt all the time ? I'd really appreciate any info you guys can offer !

Thanks for your help !

Jarquin

OMG!!!

I live in Kissimmee, Florida, in Poinciana to be precise. I have www.fillcentersusa.com as my fill aftercare and was scheduled for today but I cancelled it. I want to keep trying to do this without a fill for as long as I possibly can. Fillcenterusa has a Tampa, Clermont and another place. They are opening up centers all over the U.S. soon.

I also had Dr. Rumbaut as my surgeon. Nothing but great things.

BTW, Fillcentersusa had no problems taking me in, in fact, it wasn't even an issue that I was banded abroad.

To answer your question, I believe there is port site pain becuase it is a foreign object that has been stitched right in place. The band itself is also stitched in place but it's so internal that you can't feel it. The port is a ball and it pertrudes a bit. It can irriate you and cause some discomfort. I don't feel any pain now, however if I jump really hard or do something crazy like flop on my bed..on my belly, I'll feel some sharp pain.

Telly ~ you're just down the road from me ! I live just off Pleasant Hill Road !!

I've heard good and bad about USA Fill Centers, but I'm speaking to Dr. Grossbard's patient Co-ordinater on Monday and I'm really hoping to get taken on by him.... or I may end up going to Clermont. I'm just really desperate to sort out my aftercare now, just in case I have any major problems after surgery ~ Mexico is so far away !

Yipes Jarquin,

Have you ever seen me biking down Pleasant Hill Road? That's the route I take. From Poinciana (deep in the heart of Poinciana) to the CVS and Walgreens or Eckerds near Publix, lol. My in-laws live right off of Pleasant Hill.

Back to your aftercare, Dr. Grossbard is one of the doctors on that team. I don't know of any other doctor in this area that would do it, however I know Mexico is far, but I'd go there in a heartbeat to get a fill. I'd mix it in with a little vacation. My friend Tricia_K has a doctor in Louisiana, Dr. Lavin who I hear is really awesome. He's not that close but 6 - 8 hour drive is not bad for good aftercare I'd say.

Me too Kelli ! I'm getting really nervous but so looking forward to it, at the same time ! But I'm so convinced that this will be probably be one of the best things to happen in my life ~husband and kids aside !~ and Dr. Rumbaut's fantastic reputation helps a lot ! Good Luck when you go !

Telly ~ if you see a dark blue Lincoln Aviator with a redhead at the wheel, give me a wave ~ just don't fall off your bike though !

I won't be able to go back to Mexico for fills ~ my kids' schedules just wouldn't allow that, but if Dr. Grossbard takes me on, I'll be happy.

Getting nervous now.........!!

Hi Jarquin. I am convinced of the same things for myself re. Dr. Rumbaut's reputation and the gift I'm giving myself. I'll be in Monterrey for my 35th birthday! Good luck with everything. Kelli

Hi Jarquin,

I am excited also and will be banded by Dr. Rumbaut on August 3rd. Ifyou will email Cathy she will send you a list of Florida Dr.'s that do fills. I live in Florida also and I think I will use one in Tampa. Good Luck

Hi ! Good Luck in Mexico too. We may meet up at the hotel, I'm being banded on 1st August and leaving on the 4th.

Could you please let me have Cathy's e-mail address for that list of doctors ? I've been working with Brigitte on finding aftercare but no joy yet !

Thanks !

Jarquin,

Email me at jtawells@aol.com and I will forward you the list she sent to me...also the link that was in one of the other post looks good too especially with one in Clermont. Price is better also

Dr. Rumbaut is the greatest. I was banded on August 3, 2006 and the experience could not have been better. Dr. Rumbaut and his staff do everything to make you comfortable and they treat you like family. Checking on you at the hotel, calling you and follow-up emails. I would reccommend him to anyone considering the lap-band

Hi Everyone !

I was banded on 1st. August and totally agree with Joyce, Dr Rumbaut is the best ...so is his asst. surgeon Dr. Horatio. Both are dedicated to helping people and the experiance in Monterrey was wonderful...lovely hotel, superb hospital and the best of care. To anyone heading off to be banded ~ Don't worry, you're in great hands !

Early days for me but I'm down 7 pounds !

Katie.

Can anyone give me the approximation of what they paid for him to do the surgery? I sent them an email from their website over a week ago and still haven't heard anything from anyone.

Hi Teresa,

I'm really surprised you haven't heard back from them, try again, I found them VERY efficient.

I was banded on 1st. August, one week ago, and paid a total of $10,600 which included everything : hotel, pre-op tests, drivers, hospital, doctors fees and band. I had to pay extra for my flights there, obviously.

Hope that helps,

Katie.