Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Roberto Rumbaut

:clap2: This doctor is far and away THE BEST LAPBAND/Bariatric surgeon in all of N and S America. He has done THREE THOUSAND lapband procedures alone and is himself banded. He studied with Dr. Favretti. THE MASTER in Padua italy as did his chief assistant. Even my skeptical mechanical engineer husband, who is considering getting the band, says it is a NO BRAINER to go back to Monterrey and have Dr. Rumbaut place his band. San Jose hospital is FIRST class. I've had the band since June 1 and have had NO TROUBLE whatsoever and I'll be 58 on July 17.

Nancy

Thanks...I hear this all the time but since my surgery with him is only one week away it sure is good to hear again. I have even heard patients say that he is so good they didn't experience alot of the post-op problems such as port pain and the dreaded gas wasn't nearly as bad. This DOC knows what he's doing!

Scheduled with Dr. Rumbaut

June 27, 2006

256/243/150

The person that recommended DR R. to me is 1 year post-op and is doing well. He referred 10 others to him with out any problems. He has lst 130#'s

I am sure you are in the best of hands. I plan to use him my self . Good luck, I wish I was ready we could go together LOL.

I am waiting for the list of test that I need to do before surgery.

Thanks for your response....

mharri

www.obesitylapbandsurgery.com/ Look at this website. It is THE PREMIER group on the planet Earth. These are THE BEST doctors: those who pioneered laproscopic placement of the band and helped develop the surgical techniques to prevent slippage and the band revisions, i.e. to the band itself, facilitating placement via laproscopy. There are surgeons, and then there are GIFTED surgeons and Dr. Rumbaut falls into this latter category. He is SO INTERESTED in every patient. And, when he told me and my husband he was able to stitch the stomach around the band in the BACK as well as the front he was EXCITED and proud of himself. Imagine an american surgeon coming to the hotel to meet you the night before surgery and then coming to the hospital at 8:30 on a Saturday night to say goodbye before he left!!!!! (he was picking up his son from the movies). He has four children... 12, 10, 7 & 5. He is SO personable. Other surgeons in Monterrey are jealous because he has two operating rooms available to him ALL day on Tues and Thursdays. His office is IN the San Jose medical center. You'll see.... When you are in his office be sure to look at the large picture of a red headed woman dancing with a man.... it is classic.

Nancy

Yup...great surgeon and a real mensch.

I didn't know he had moved his office. He USED TO pop out to the waiting room and eat band-friendly Snacks with patients' families between the surgeries...

Yup, I think he's a great guy and surgeon too. I don't think I have EVER seen a negative word against him, lol...

WOW I am impressed with the reviews. I would not hesitate to use him if I was self pay. Which I may be, if insurance does not come through. I'm glad I learned about him here.

:)

I'm a BIG Rumbaut fan too! But I'm getting smaller!

Dr. Rumbaut was great, his office staff were great, his assistant was great, the hospital was great, the hotel was great. I did not have one negative experience when I went to Monterrey for my surgery. Very little post-op pain, very little post-op gas. AND a wonderful shopping trip 48 hours after surgery.

5-Stars, Highly Recommend!

Hi,

I just got back from Monterrey yesterday. Everything went well. I had some nausea the first day, but other than that... little gas or pain.

I would definitely recommend him if you are self pay (and maybe either way!)

I did have a moment at the hospital where I was like "am I really getting a surgery in Mexico?" But your money goes so much farther down there. The hospital rooms were nice, large, and private, which you don't get in the USA without some serious $$$.

Lastly, my only warning would be about the pre-op testing. You have to go to a cardiologist whose office is not so nice. Actually a little sketchy. I only mention it because you go there before you go to Rumbaut's office or the hospital (both are tremendously better) so, don't get worried...

Olive

I brag on him all the time (no he's not my surgeon, but I still respect him totally).

He's banded himself, he's got great bedside manner, he's considerate, he's a great technical surgeon, and my friends who have been his patients have thrived. One of my closest pals lost 100# under his care and there are so many others like her. His patients tend to be healthy, happy and satisfied. I think they just wish they could see him more - but Monterrey is far away, unfortunately.

If only he were in the United States, or if only we could CLONE him.

(And I always have to mention that he's adorable. Simply adorable! I always post his picture but I swear I'm not going to, this time! )

I'm so delighted to hear these things. I'm going to Dr. Rumbaut (8-17!) on the advice of a friend that was banded by him in April. I've never heard an unkind word spoken about the man and will be so eager to meet him. Maybe we should start a Rumbaut thread so we can follow our progress specifically...? Anyone up for that? Oh, wait.... I guess Nancy already did this! Way to go Nancy!

Andy Liz

Hi Everyone !

I'm SO excited , and a little bit scared, as I'm getting banded by Dr. Rumbaut on 1st August !! It's very reassuring to hear such good reports on him though.

My problem at the moment is finding good aftercare. I live in Kissimmee, Florida ~ does anyone know a good doctor in this area ? I'm trying to contact Dr. Grossbard, but he can be picky about who he takes on.....

Is anybody out there being banded the same time as me ? I'd love to meet you !

Also, I'd heard about the gas pain, but why do the ports hurt ?? Is that just the surgery pain, or do they stick in/out and hurt all the time ? I'd really appreciate any info you guys can offer !

Thanks for your help !

Jarquin