Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

ok...IJS....if you are overly concerned about how a man (who cares of race) feels about your body' date=' you need to have more confidence in yourself, and maybe see someone if you need to....it really doesn't matter who says what to whom....in the end you have to feel good about you....this surgery is about health, not beauty....yeah once you lose the weight you will fit more of the standard "oh she looks so good, real good" comment most people say when someone loses alot a weight, but this is about health....any I think any man (any good man) will respect a woman who is taking care of herself, then wondering how big her butt is....

And if a person is really concerned about booty and bustiness, there are garments to help ya out....[/quote']

Amen...the end!

Little Bits

Lol

Hey I'm in Memphis too, would love to have someone close going through the process as well. I am a 31 test old SAHM, children ages 9, 7, 5, 3. This is like my 2nd time beginning the process for weight loss surgery. First time I was going for gastric bypass and was afraid and backed out. Now I've learned about the vsg and have seen a close fam member have success so....y not. I had my first sup. doctors visit on 5/16, five more to go plus the psych + the nutrional assessment and whatever else they deem necessary. How did you guys cope with the anxiety of being so close, yet so far away from approval, surgery etc?

Hey I'm in Memphis too' date=' would love to have someone close going through the process as well. I am a 31 test old SAHM, children ages 9, 7, 5, 3. This is like my 2nd time beginning the process for weight loss surgery. First time I was going for gastric bypass and was afraid and backed out. Now I've learned about the vsg and have seen a close fam member have success so....y not. I had my first sup. doctors visit on 5/16, five more to go plus the psych + the nutrional assessment and whatever else they deem necessary. How did you guys cope with the anxiety of being so close, yet so far away from approval, surgery etc?[/quote']

Hello MrzSongbird, I am originally from Memphis, now I am on the west coast waiting for approval.

Hello all. I am a potential sleever in Memphis' date=' TN. I meet my surgeon next week.[/quote']

Hello Memphis my home town, I'm now on the west coast waiting for approval. Good luck to you.

Hello and welcome!

Little Bits

On 6/16 I have an appt with Dr.Feiz in Beverly Hills im a cash pay pt yet as ince I have a ppo they say certain things will be able to be cover

Im hoping this is true I was really thinking about going across boarder but my mom is not having it im hoping all works itself out

Hello Ladies, I am so glad to find this group! I was sleeved on 5/25 in Orlando FL. I am new to this and trying to figure things out with my new sleeve. I am terrified of losing my hair. I think I am more nervous about it then I was about getting the sleeve. ( lol lol don't judge me). Nice to find a group with similar issues.

hair loss has to do with going under for the procedure....any type of surgery you have there will be some hair loss....also Hair loss can happen if you dont take your Vitamins like you should, you hair needs the nutrients from Vitamins and minerals to grow....

Hair loss is part of the process, but if you do what you are suppose to do, you can keep it to a minimum....

You have to think about it like this...what's more important, gaining good health or losing a few strands of hair....

You are def right. I need keep focused on what is important. I am doing my best with the Vitamins. I really don't like the chewables that were give to me by my Dr. Any suggestions for alternatives? I am taking Celebrate chewables for multi, Calcium an iron+c.

well currently I'm taking a liquid Vitamin...I went to GNC and told the guy what I was seeking and he hooked me up with a really good liquid multi-vitamin....tastes like orange juice...I hope I still like it after Monday...

I know some stores sell Gummy Vitamins..you really have to read the label to make sure you are getting what you need....I have a friend who had RNY and she eats 2 flinstone chewables along with a Iron and calcium chews....

well currently I'm taking a liquid Vitamin...I went to GNC and told the guy what I was seeking and he hooked me up with a really good liquid multi-vitamin....tastes like orange juice...I hope I still like it after Monday...

I know some stores sell Gummy Vitamins..you really have to read the label to make sure you are getting what you need....I have a friend who had RNY and she eats 2 flinstone chewables along with a Iron and calcium chews....

PEvette, I am getting sleeved on Friday. Good luck to you.