Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else have a runny nose when full?

Do any of you sleeve buddies get a runny nose when you eat and get full or nearly get full? Every time I sit down to eat I have to have plenty of napkins handy. After eating about 2-3 oz. my nose begins to run. I do not have allergies and have no cold right now. I just started noticing this about a month ago when I started on more solid foods. I have watched this and realize that it is not just coincidental. It happens every meal that I take in 3-4 oz. of solid food.

Let me hear from you if you are the same. And--can anyone explain this? What does my nose have to do to with my sleeve?

I thought I was the only one. My nose runs even if I'm full on liquids. It's not so bad though I'm getting used to it.

Do any of you sleeve buddies get a runny nose when you eat and get full or nearly get full? Every time I sit down to eat I have to have plenty of napkins handy. After eating about 2-3 oz. my nose begins to run. I do not have allergies and have no cold right now. I just started noticing this about a month ago when I started on more solid foods. I have watched this and realize that it is not just coincidental. It happens every meal that I take in 3-4 oz. of solid food.

Let me hear from you if you are the same. And--can anyone explain this? What does my nose have to do to with my sleeve?

It's really funny, but if I take one bite too many, I sneeze like crazy!!!!!

My nose started running the day of surgery and has not stopped since. It has slowed down recently, and I am noticing that I now get sort of hungry. Maybe my nose thought I was full for a month!

Add me to the list. I’m starting my 6th month soon and it has been going on for most of myjourney.

When I eat too much – I have to blow my noise many times.Like right now. I just had a dense piece of raise bread toast followed by a cupof coffee - too close to eating and I had to blow my noise ..I also get a coldchill. Both last for about 15 – 20 minutes then I am fine. Good to see it’s notjust me

Right there with you. The first month was hick ups now second month is runny nose. After my nose starts running 1 more bite and I think I might be sick. I think it is funny how are body tells us "Your Full" STOP I kinda like it for now.

Omg, my nose has been running when I stand up or walk! This has been happening since the day after surgery(2 wks ago)

Today I was eating some chicken and noodles and I started feeling too full and my nose began to leak a very thin mucus that had the consistency of Water. It's so thin and watery that sniffing it back up doesn't help and it refuses to dry on it's own. (I know, I know. Disgusting) If I don't dash for a tissue, it'll run out my nose and down my face (Double disgusting)

From what I've read on the forums, that seems to be a pretty common thing. Unfortunately I'm not sure if it applies to me or not because my nose runs at random throughout the day, especially when I bend my head.

This started happening about 2 years before I had my surgery. My dad is the same way. I've been told it's allergies, but I'm not one to do a lot of sneezing, have itchy eyes, hives, etc.

Edited by Comfy_Blue

Oh my God! I'm sitting hear with my nose dripping as I began to read this and I was thinking wth!!! Since I had surgery my nose is constantly dripping clear junk! Tooo weird.

My daughter is a PCP and says it had to do

With the Vegas nerve. If my nose starts running, I need to stop or I will be sick!!

Mine started the day of surgery and 14 months later, it is still running...only the right nostril

@@Unbesleeveable, me too -- only the right nostril!! I carry a Kleenex around with me wherever I go!