Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One week Post op

Sleeved 1 week ago and my tummy is rebelling...lol Tired of Protein Shakes, Jello, and broth! I am hungery, but am at a loss as to what to eat now. Currently my family is having a dinner of pizza hut in our dining room as I sit in my room furiously typing at my keyboard! Grrrrr I know I need to eat, but I dont think I can choke down any more Protein shakes, jello, or broth. I have had cream of wheat for 2 nights for dinner, but cant bear the thought of eating any of the choices I have. Is it bad to just go to sleep? LOL Lord give me strength. :)

Sleeved 1 week ago and my tummy is rebelling...lol Tired of Protein shakes, Jello, and broth! I am hungery, but am at a loss as to what to eat now. Currently my family is having a dinner of pizza hut in our dining room as I sit in my room furiously typing at my keyboard! Grrrrr I know I need to eat, but I dont think I can choke down any more Protein Shakes, Jello, or broth. I have had cream of wheat for 2 nights for dinner, but cant bear the thought of eating any of the choices I have. Is it bad to just go to sleep? LOL Lord give me strength. :)

Aw...Im sorry! It sucks that we cant have any pizza...yet at least. I am in my clear liquid stage still and Im already wanting more. Just know that IT WILL PASS! Keep in mind the goal that you are aiming for, its gonna be hard but worth it :)

Meanwhile why dont you try googling different ideas for clear or full liquid diets, there might be something you havent tried yet :)

Good luck!

I just posted something similair! I don't think I will ever eat Jello again in my life! I am just trying hard to get the fluids in right now. At least this is only a short part of the process!

i have googled and find nothing of interest! LOL Its ok, I am looking forward to the mushie stage in 2 weeks. I liked Jello and now find that jello is my best friend. I cannot get myself to drink broth at all. I tried broc/cheese cream Soup watered down and it is too heavy for the tummy. This too shall pass. I will survive.

I am 7 days post-op today and am having a similar experience. The Protein Shakes make me want to gag, and when I think of eating jell-o, pudding, or yogurt it just doesn't sound good at all. I literally ate 4 bites of pudding for lunch yesterday, and 2 bites of cream Soup for dinner last night. I'm also having a hard time getting my fluids in...........I drank an 11oz Protein Shake yesterday(took me all day) and about 4 oz. of Decaf tea. I'm scared I'm going to get dehydrated, but it literally makes me nauseous!! I know it will improve, but having a hard time dealing now.

I am 7 days post op, i am going crazy too with the Protein but i have it in my head..... I eat to LIVE not LIVE to eat like before just choke it down and go about it ur day thats what i have been doing LOL

I am also 7 days out. Tomorrow I am allowed to start eating Carnation intant Breakfast, pudding, and creamed Soups. I am SOOOO looking forward to something other than broth and Jello and clear Protein Drinks. I bought sugar free dulce le leche pudding, Sugar Free Chocolate and butterscotch pudding, cream of potato/chicken/asaragus/mushroom soup... I'm thinking this is GREAT! I'm sick of jello. I'm also moving from clear Protein drinks to Protein Shakes. What a bonus! Ok, it's not pizza... but I can do anything for one day. (I've been saying that for a week!) This week was actually better than that time I did the raw cabbage/apple/carrot diet for 4 months.. Just saying....

Sleeved 1 week ago and my tummy is rebelling...lol Tired of Protein shakes, Jello, and broth! I am hungery, but am at a loss as to what to eat now. Currently my family is having a dinner of pizza hut in our dining room as I sit in my room furiously typing at my keyboard! Grrrrr I know I need to eat, but I dont think I can choke down any more Protein Shakes, Jello, or broth. I have had cream of wheat for 2 nights for dinner, but cant bear the thought of eating any of the choices I have. Is it bad to just go to sleep? LOL Lord give me strength. :)

Try some eg drog Soup or onion soup from Japanese Steak House, I made my own. Add some Protein powder in. Just a suggestion. Hope things get better for you!!

Just try and get your Protein in & fluids of course. My doctor said if I wasn't hungry don't eat. So if you skip and meal I am sure it is ok. You can try puddings I made mine with extra scoops of Protein powder. Good luck.

That is a great idea, thanks. I have been sleeved almost two weeks. I had bought some fat free puddings but I can't eat a whole and the taste funny. I can only eat about 3 bites at the most if I try to eat any more I feel like I am full!

Thanks,

Rae

sleeved 12-30-10