Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The good thing about being a slow loser

@Feed that's a very interesting idea! Actually I am having some cukes as we speak - so day 1 and done ;-) It's worth 0 points so I'm good to go... :-)

@DJ, to be honest I think I was grazing way too much first thing. Not on things that are necessarily bad, however I have made some bad choices in here and there. That's no longer now because I'm logging on Weight Watchers and I'm only allowing myself 24 points per day. That equals to anywhere from 900-1200 calories depending what I'm eating. You get dinged heavily for foods that are high fat and high carb. However they go easy on foods that are high Protein and high Fiber. :-) It's working!!

A few other things I've changed is I bought a DVD from Target, the Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds. She has a fantastic 2 week diet that is so packed with nutrients and very well balanced. Of course I can't eat the portions she suggests, barely by half. Isn't that amazing I can't even eat a "diet" program??!! I love that!! Well I'm on day 3 today... so far so good. The food is so healthy and delicious and I'm not gonna beat around the bush here - I feel totally incredible. My workouts have been outstanding because my energy level is thru the roof right now. I've gotten back to eating more veggies, fruits and whole grains. :D In looking at percentages I'd say I'm doing about 50% protein, 25% Fats and 25% Carbs. Not bad... One other thing, I've been "going" really regular too since. It's not small amounts (sorry tmi) and it also makes me feel great!!

@Chilo - Big Hugs!!! :D

@coops - Hoorayyy!!!! Gosh, being a slow loser sure puts a big spin on every pound doesn't it?? I'm telling you I was jumping for joy when I saw that this morning!!! Congrats and here's to many more!! Cheers!!

Hey ...

looks like Diva and I are on the same page as I am also 2lb down on my offical weigh day too.... double YEY!!

I am nearly half way there and 6mths out... slow but sure wins the race ladies.... x

Yey!!!!!!!!

Yey!!!!!!!!

Thanks Chilo... I know, at last eh? I am putting it down to the extra training that I am doing in the gym... my focus is a size 12 pair of jeans ...lol

How have you been? x

@coops - Hoorayyy!!!! Gosh, being a slow loser sure puts a big spin on every pound doesn't it?? I'm telling you I was jumping for joy when I saw that this morning!!! Congrats and here's to many more!! Cheers!!

Hey Diva,

I didn't recognise you from your avatar... looking good there lil lady!! x

Hey Diva,

I didn't recognise you from your avatar... looking good there lil lady!! x

Heehee :-) Thank you!!

Thanks Chilo... I know, at last eh? I am putting it down to the extra training that I am doing in the gym... my focus is a size 12 pair of jeans ...lol

How have you been? x

I can imagine you in my head with your size 12 jeans when you go to see the love of youyr life (Robbie W) No movement on the scales for me, just in between a size 12 and 14 still, last week upped my exercise so good luck to us :P

Ok so I cheated this morning... on the scale! I'm NOT supposed to get on the scale unless it is a weigh day but I noticed last night that I was sooo close to *finally* being out of the DREADED 230's!! Well yeahhh because I am 229.0 this morning!!!! Whoooottt!!!

Oh and I'm OFFICIALLY IN THE CENTURY CLUB NOW!!!! :D

Ok so I cheated this morning... on the scale! I'm NOT supposed to get on the scale unless it is a weigh day but I noticed last night that I was sooo close to *finally* being out of the DREADED 230's!! Well yeahhh because I am 229.0 this morning!!!! Whoooottt!!!

FAntastic Irene, youll bee in Onederland in no time!!

Fantastic feeling Irene! Good work, and you know, to cheat is human...tongue.gif

Heehee feed... I do try not to weigh when I'm not supposed to because I only get disappointed. This time it has worked in my favor! :lol:

Hey Diva,

good on you.... WOW over 100lb loss is amazing!! Onderland is sooooo close, I bet you can almost smell it!!

Keep up the good work lady! x

I can imagine you in my head with your size 12 jeans when you go to see the love of youyr life (Robbie W) No movement on the scales for me, just in between a size 12 and 14 still, last week upped my exercise so good luck to us :P

Hey... size 14-12 is good ... I can't wait to be there!! You are soooooo close to goal... that must feel really good!

I am loving the gym at the moment... it doesn't actually hurt anymore...lol

What exercise have you been doing? mine is mainly good old fashioned fat burning with a few weights chucked in for good luck! My daughter wants me to go to Zumba with her on Thursday.... that should be fun!

Just thought I would have a wuick check in.... no weight loss so far this week, but my offical day is sat so I am hoping that all the exercise I have been doing will show a lil loss !!

Had a weird day today... I think I had that dumping thing... I went really dizzy, started to sweat - a lot- went very hot and very cold and my head felt cloudy... within halkf and hour I had a really bad headache and felt sick! Foolishly I treated myself to 1 choc (from a Dairy Milk Box) and one sugar in my coffee at break ... although it wasn't THAT much sugar it is more than I am used to! Could that have been the cause?

Feel better now ... all symptoms went by 3pm! Talk about feeling guilty ... went to Zumba tonight!

Just thought I would have a wuick check in.... no weight loss so far this week, but my offical day is sat so I am hoping that all the exercise I have been doing will show a lil loss !!

Had a weird day today... I think I had that dumping thing... I went really dizzy, started to sweat - a lot- went very hot and very cold and my head felt cloudy... within halkf and hour I had a really bad headache and felt sick! Foolishly I treated myself to 1 choc (from a Dairy Milk Box) and one sugar in my coffee at break ... although it wasn't THAT much sugar it is more than I am used to! Could that have been the cause?

Feel better now ... all symptoms went by 3pm! Talk about feeling guilty ... went to Zumba tonight!

You'll get em coops, no worries!! Saturday is still 2 days away. :)

Your issue sounds almost like what I went through when I drank milk awhile back. I think us sleevers tummies are a little bit more sensitive than pre-sleeve. As far as it being full on dumping syndrome I don't know. Some say it is not because RNY pts get it from the rerouting of the intestine which we do not have.

All I know is that one episode scared me from ever drinking milk again, and this includes ice cream. Can't be mad about not having ice cream ever again!! I haven't craved any in so long now...

Well, dumping isn't necessarily only for RNY patients...or any patients for that matter. You can have dumping syndrome even without ever having surgery and I myself had it many times after an "extensive" restaurant visit. I remember many times where I was telling my husband if he doesn't put the pedal to the metal we'll have a big mess at our hands.

For me, it was after eating probably too greasy, too carby foods and was always coming with hot and cold sweats, dizziness and then...well, dumping.