Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The good thing about being a slow loser

I seem to loose a big chunk, like 8lbs gain 2 back, then stall for 3 weeks. : / I thought I was a fast loser by dropping 30lbs in the first month but hey I'm happy. I have .2 of a pound and I"ll be -50lbs since October 3rd. Wewt!

I dont know if there is actually any basis in these but i hope being a slow loser will

Make my clothes last longer

Make my weight stay gone longer

Make it where I won't gain once I go into maintence jumping from either very small calories or no carb to a reg diet

help with skin sagginess

Keep my bones strong.

Nice one girls.... I wish we had a like button cos I like all of the above ^^^^^^^^ ;-)

I'm totally like you DJackson...I lose in spurts, but I bet I'm the slowest loser here LOL:

1st month-15.4 lbs.

2nd month-9.8 lbs.

3rd month-5.6 lbs.

4th month-7.6 lbs.

I'm totally like you DJackson...I lose in spurts, but I bet I'm the slowest loser here LOL:

1st month-15.4 lbs.

2nd month-9.8 lbs.

3rd month-5.6 lbs.

4th month-7.6 lbs.

Your numbers look almost exactly like mine!!! LOL!!! The thing for me tho is that I still have to lose 80 Lbs. Oh well... I just keep on fighting - not weighing every day. I weigh once or twice per week, that way I don't see a whole lot of the ups and downs. Also there have been times I didn't weigh at all knowing I'd see a minor gain (TOM). It would be a false gain so why stress over it?

@Denise, that is the best thing... don't stress! It WILL come off, even if slowly. The Holidays are over now (TG!!) and now we can just go back to business as usual. :)

@Coops - there is a "like" button. They are the little green (+) to the bottom right. hee!!

Let's keep rockin it no matter how long it takes! We are ALL winners!!!

Right on Diva
:)

1st month-15.4 lbs.

2nd month-9.8 lbs.

3rd month-5.6 lbs.

4th month-7.6 lbs.

Sleeve 4 Me, not so fast! LOL! You and I were sleeved one day apart and I'm behind you, so I guess I may be the slowest loser so far rolleyes.gif

- 1st month = 17.7 lbs

- 2nd month = 6.3 lbs

- 3rd month = 4.2 lbs

- 4th month = 1 lbs dry.gif

I'm starting to dread each weekly weigh in, since I have no idea if I will be up or down.

Sleeve 4 Me, not so fast! LOL! You and I were sleeved one day apart and I'm behind you, so I guess I may be the slowest loser so far rolleyes.gif

- 1st month = 17.7 lbs

- 2nd month = 6.3 lbs

- 3rd month = 4.2 lbs

- 4th month = 1 lbs dry.gif

I'm starting to dread each weekly weigh in, since I have no idea if I will be up or down.

Ok, ok you win! But we are in this together sleeve sister :)

I must agree, I get in a stall or gain a couple lbs and thanks to Diva's advice I pull out my "fat" jeans and then my current size jeans and haa haa, I'm all smiles again. I have always been a slow loser and thats if I lost anything at all in the past. Luckily were not the ones who are gaining during the holidays like the other biggrin.gif. Theres so many benefits of loosing the weight slowly and they were listed above and I'll take it

Don't stress sleeve4me and sleevesearch. You guys are lightweights and have 1/2 as much weight to lose so if you doubled your pounds lost you would look like superstars, which you are ya know!

I am sooooo loving this thread! Liking it lots and lovin the like button...

Ok day 3 of the 5day pouch thingy...

OK so far; soft foods today; egg mayo, tuna, omlette and mackerel on the menu and all tasted yummy... nice to chew. Energy a little better and I managed to go to the gym. I did one hour of cardio; 10 mins warm up in exercise bike; 20 mins on the rower and 30 mins on the treadmill - personal best - and 20 mins of toning/weights/floor work!!

Looking forward to the meat day tomorrow and Sat!

OK, that was the good stuff... but I ain't lost a pound (yet) couldn't resisit but to weigh this morning... still 191!!! And Aunt Flo is late too so I am really hoping that is why the scale hasn't moved!!!

Seriously, my body is defo against me at the moment!!

How is everyone else doing?

OH as a foot note, perhaps I should include, that when I got back from the gym and had my tea... I had to have a little nanna nap on the sofa!! Tee Hee! x

I have a question for all of you...I heard when you on a stall you are losing inches instead of lbs., is this correct??? And how in the world does this work???

I don't think there is an exact science behind it, just something that most of us experience.

In my mind, it works like this:

Imagine a big blobby goopy mass in a plastic bag. That's you :-)

Now you squeeze out 3 pounds of the goop in a week. And then another 2 pounds the next week.

Where that gets squeezed out is not under control, it could come from the middle, from one spot or another.

After that, the stuff in the bag just "rearranges", goop moves around, gets re-situated moves from one side to another. The holes in the middle fill up with goop from the periphery etc.

That's how you "shrink" in your waist, your arms, the legs etc.

I am sure that is not how it really works, but for me it makes sense and explains how I can get slimmer when I don't actually lose weight. That's also how I mentally get through stalls without driving myself crazy.

Just think of cup cake decorating - if you have squeezed a lot of frosting from the piping bag, you have to move frosting from the top of the bag to the bottom to be able to squeeze it out again :-)

My frustration (one of) is that I lost 20 pounds in the 2 weeks following surgery, when I was on a strictly liquid diet. That was the fastest and most concentrated weight that I've ever lost and it really throws off my total pound count. So people see that I've lost 73 pounds in 5.5 months and tell me I'm not a slow loser but it's not a true reflection! Those 20 post-op pounds raise my overall monthly averages and make it seem like I've lost close to 14 pounds a month when the truth is that it is more like an average of 8 lbs a month. Still better than nothing, I realize, but still. whine!

Please don't get me wrong, this is not meant to be mean, and I am only 9 weeks out so maybe I can't understand how long-term sleevers feel, but I don't understand how people complain about "only" losing 8 pounds a month - that is about 2 pounds a week and I believe that is right on target and anything much faster (at least after the first few weeks) would be seriously unhealthy - sleeve or not!!

My surgeon said at my 6 week post-op eval, that they consider everything over 25 pounds a success - this is for my range, starting at a BMI of 43 and of course it includes the immediate post-op weight loss.

On one hand, people acknowledge that the sleeve is just a tool, but I have the feeling that many still expect miracle weight-loss. I know, I am disappointed if I post no loss for a week or so, but in the end I know this is better than anything I could have ever done myself or that I have done myself in the past.

Globetrotter, you are doing awesome - you shared your wonderful NSVs a little bit ago. Be proud, not down on yourself considering yourself a slow loser!