Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to get serious about exercise, AGAIN.

Just back from gym,50 mins! If it weren't for this thread I would've probably has just sat at home nursing a cup of hot chocolate and watching the snow fall! For tomorrow a bit of weight lifting!:o

Today is my volunteer day on base so I'll be working out this afternoon. I have a couple of errands to run, and we're going to be moving a bunch of merchandise around today. I'll be checking in after 2 or 3 this afternoon once I get home and into workout mode ! ! !

Tonight is yoga and my instructor is a core fanatic!! This is a great one hour workout. Three days of consistently exercising--WHOO HOOO for me. : )

Thanks for your inspiration!!!

P.S. I took the stairs from the parking garage today!!

Edited by FitatFifty

I just want to let you know I actually woke up at 5:30 and went to the gym. I forgot my key to get in went all the way home got my key and then went back to the gym. I did the stationary bike for 30 minutes, 10 minute ab work, oh and 1 minute on the eliptical machine. I did it. I could use some kick boxing right now also, just found out my daughter threw away a bag of Christmas presents worth about $60.00, I am not a happy camper right now. The worst part is she don't even seen to care that I am upset about it. ugggggghhh I want to scream.

I could have sworn that I posted here yesterday, but I guess not.... anyway, I did do 30 minutes of running on the treadmill Saturday, and 33 yesterday (not including walking warmup and cool down time). Gonna do it again tomorrow and up the time again.

Whoohooo!!! Get it gals!!! This is great!

I started using my Skechers Shape Ups during my walks and my muscles ache so bad! I did my 2.25 miles today and contemplating still needing to do 30 on my elliptical. I'll do it, but not with a happy face!

Good for you Tiffy with the weights! I know I need to get back and do those too. I used to be so athletic like. I can't believe I'm sore from walking with a different type of shoes. Something is wrong with that.

Sunshine, the kickboxing made me laugh!!! Sometimes when I'm frustrated I'll run off and do some hard cardio. It usually makes me feel better. I have a room specifically for my workouts, so I can shut the world out and just watch some TV and kill it on the elliptical or treadmill -- or whatever I feel like doing.

Well, see you all tomorrow! Hopefully I'll feel better!!!

Hey Tiff..

I am not quite 6 weeks post op. I have been doing some walking but it has not been everyday. They weather here is changing quite a but and getting cold and dark early. I was proud of my self cause I am up to 2 miles. Today, I went to see my mom at the nursing home so I was not able to go out and walk since it was already dark and raing when I got home. But I will be walking as much as I can and will post here also. I want to exercise and be active but I do not want to be addicted to it. I have done this in the past and was never able to maintain the exercise to keep the weight down. Anyway..Lets do this!!!!!

Connie

Many of y'all know I used to work out big time. Weight training, one hard day of cardio, and major toning. In February, I had my gallbladder removed, and kicked the workout bug to the curb (Doc's orders for 6 weeks post gb removal), and never got my mojo back.

SO, in attempts to put it out in the universe; DECEMBER 1st, I'm hitting the gym again. I have a mini-gym in my garage, and I'm going to start lifting again, and do 2 days of cardio and toning. I'm flabby, and jiggly everywhere except my calves and lower thighs. I can only attribute that to wearing heels constantly.

I know I'd do better with an accountability partner, but none of my friends here have the time to workout. I'm going to have to do it on my own. Since I get up so early in the morning, I'm going to get back into a routine. Unass the recliner, and get toned up again. I might be a size 2, but under these rocking skinny jeans, I'm jello-like and it's getting on my nerves.

My husband is super supportive, but I'd like to throat punch him when we work out together so that's not a good idea. I love him, but when we workout together, I would like to gently smother him.

Anyone else struggle with routine working out? I hate walking, and tedious working out really grates my nerves. I'm hoping to see marked improvement by March/April, and maybe just maybe be in a bikini by next summer.

I'm going to do 4 days a week. 1 hard day of cardio, and 3 days of lifting and toning exercises. No more excuses of "there's not enough time", I have tons of time, it's the motivation and drive that's lacking. I did secretly buy a bikini top and hid it in my drawer so I can have a "goal" to work towards, so we'll see how this goes.

If anyone wants to join me, keep each other accountable, let me know ! ! !

Standup crunches ???

WOOHOO I'm so proud of us ! ! ! Thanks for joining me. . .

My plan for tomorrow is to do 75 standup crunches, 50 leg lifts (each leg), and do some really focused leg exercises. I think I donated my weighted ball so I'm in the market for another one. I pulled the 5, 8 and 10 pound dumbbells out of the garage, and started with 5s today, definitely bumping up to the 8s tomorrow because the 5s weren't enough.

Standup crunches ???

Squat up against a wall keeping your back flat against the wall. You will feel the burn in your quads, hams and butt, but the key is to roll just like you would if you were on the floor except it doesn't stress your neck, and I tilt my pelvis up to intensify the move and target the lower ab muscles. It really works, and I"ve been doing them for a long time. I attribute most of my belly being gone because of this move and Hip Hop Abs.

All I did today was 75 standup crunches, and some skull crushers. I walked the mall for 2 hours today in search of shoes to match my dress for Saturday's party. Which I just found out that we're going in a stretch limo to party after the party in Pensacola ! ! ! WOOT WOOT I can't wait. . .

Hey Tiff..

I am not quite 6 weeks post op. I have been doing some walking but it has not been everyday. They weather here is changing quite a but and getting cold and dark early. I was proud of my self cause I am up to 2 miles. Today, I went to see my mom at the nursing home so I was not able to go out and walk since it was already dark and raing when I got home. But I will be walking as much as I can and will post here also. I want to exercise and be active but I do not want to be addicted to it. I have done this in the past and was never able to maintain the exercise to keep the weight down. Anyway..Lets do this!!!!!

Connie

Connie, you're doing great. I bought the ankle weights to use when all I could do was walk. It really helped ! ! ! Keep up the great work ! ! !

Yay, everyone is jumping on the motivation train! Chilo, I seriously would have stayed at home today too vegging out if I hadn't wanted to follow through with my commitment on this thread. So I went to bible study then went to the gym!

55 minutes on the stair climber/cybex burned 402 calories (gotta have the two)!

I work out 5 days a week, sometimes 6. I do 20 minutes of swift elliptical then a rotation of 7 weights machines. On those machines I do 3 sets of 12 reps at the highest weight I can lift. I lay out my gym clothes the night before and have everything ready to go so that I have no excuses. I go at 0500.

My problem now is that ever since I added in the weights (I used to just do 30 minutes of treadmill walking) I have stopped losing weight. I don't really know if one has to do with the other, but I have examined everything and it's the only thing I can think of to explain my sudden halt although, why? Shouldn't I actually lose more or faster, with a diversified routine?

So the 2nd problem is that I am so discouraged by not losing any weight no matter the effort I put in. that it could become awfully easy to say ahh f*** it, there's no point it's not helping anyway.

I don't want to think that way! I would love to do more cardio but there just isn't time and in my particular situation, I can legitimately say that! I'm already getting up at 5am to work out for 45 minutes before putting in a 12 hour day at work and trying to go to bed by 8:30.

Ok didn't have time to do my workout dvd...my did do my arm reps and went grocery shopping at Sam's right after work and put up my Christmas tree (that took 2 1/2 hours standing) so I guess that's like a work out lol...I'm super sore and TIRED!!! I need to get up early and do my dvd workout first thing in the a.m., it's sooooo hard.

I'm skipping workouts this Wednesday. I bowl on Wednesday morning, and I just won't have time today. One of the wives in my husband's unit delivered her baby yesterday and her husband is deployed. As key spouse (I stay in touch with all the spouses when their husbands deploy or go remote for an extended amount of time), I need to go by and see her. Plus, I'm cooking food for her to last her a week or so since she has a 1 yr old son and now a newborn to care for while her husband is deployed. I just have too much to do today. So, I'll be hitting it again tomorrow and Friday to get in my 4 days this week.