Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to get serious about exercise, AGAIN.

55min walk/jog today. Freezing outside, but at least I got out there with the dog before the wind picked up.

excellent!!! today was my first day of my xmas break so i also walked jogged for 50 mins....excellent morning, sunny and warm.

OK ladies- I exercised the past two mornings since joining the motivation train. It also helped that I bought myself some nice exercise clothes, which I couldn't fit into

before my sleeve!!

Who remembers the song "Chicken Fat"? It starts."Push ups every morning.."

Omg!! I remember that song!! Lol

I am 2 weeks and 1 day post op. I am still in the purée stage and wondering when I can start to excercise. I think I might do some light excercise on my excercise bike tonight and have some tuna fish afterwards for Protein. My mind wants to excercise because I want this to work for me but my body keeps saying chill out and heal. Idk??

I'm so discouraged :(...after dancing with xbox kinect my knee is swollen/tight and full of Fluid (super painful to bend), and I wasn't even doing it that hard (at 100%). I did this surgery hoping this would help my busted up knees and now I'm back to square one :( ...and since I can't take my motrin right now, I guess it's back to ice and knee brace for now :( UGH!! I will continue will my arm reps though.

yesterday an hour of cardio at the gym, today at home with sick baby so I did about 20 minutes of weights for arms and abs :rolleyes: (feeling proud of myself)

I am 2 weeks and 1 day post op. I am still in the purée stage and wondering when I can start to excercise. I think I might do some light excercise on my excercise bike tonight and have some tuna fish afterwards for Protein. My mind wants to excercise because I want this to work for me but my body keeps saying chill out and heal. Idk??

Be careful this early. Your body does need to heal, so be kind to it. Walking briskly was the only thing allowed for me for the first 6 weeks.

I'm so discouraged :(...after dancing with xbox kinect my knee is swollen/tight and full of Fluid (super painful to bend), and I wasn't even doing it that hard (at 100%). I did this surgery hoping this would help my busted up knees and now I'm back to square one :( ...and since I can't take my motrin right now, I guess it's back to ice and knee brace for now :( UGH!! I will continue will my arm reps though.

I'm sorry chickee ! ! ! My knees still creek and pop when I work out. I'm not in as much pain as pre-op obviously, but the damage is permanent for me. I'm thinking of getting a referral to an ortho to have my knees checked out again ! ! !

Hang in there . . .

yesterday an hour of cardio at the gym, today at home with sick baby so I did about 20 minutes of weights for arms and abs :rolleyes: (feeling proud of myself)

I'm proud of you too ! ! ! Keep it up. . .

I skipped yesterday, so I'll do my bellydancing again this afternoon after a Christmas party.

I made meatballs as my dish so I'll Protein load before my workout this afternoon.

Plus, I'm doing major housework, and I'll work out my arms and abs again ! ! !

I've still been walking every day. Supposed to snow tonight, so indoor bike, here I come. I stopped by my local gym, about 1/2 mile from my house, they are having holiday special for $24.99 per month for 24/7 access, plus unlimited classes (which is what I'm really interested in). At $10 per class drop in fee, I think just joining for the monthly fee, is worth it. What do you guys think? It's only for a 12 month commitment (and yes the price may go up after that, but hey, for a year its a great deal)

I'm sorry chickee ! ! ! My knees still creek and pop when I work out. I'm not in as much pain as pre-op obviously, but the damage is permanent for me. I'm thinking of getting a referral to an ortho to have my knees checked out again ! ! !

Hang in there . . .

Thanks Tiffykins!!! After having surgery on both knees and losing some weight I just thought it would get better. Super painful!

Yes, I'm still here I have not been on in a while, but yes I am still working out, I only went once last week, seems like every other night I had something going on. But this week I plan on going at least three times. I went to kickboxing tonight, and kicked some butt, (MINE) lol It was a good workout, and I actually didi real jumping jacks tonight. I think the beginning on the year I going to try a spin class. I wish everyone a happy , and safe holiday. My mom and dad is taking my daughter and me to New Orleans, so I will be doing alot of walking during the holidays. Last time i was there I was 277 and had a hard time walking around, and had to skip some of the tours, but not this time.

I feel like a LOSER, and not the good kind! last week I only went to the gym 3 times and today is Monday and I didn't go so, getting off to a bad start this week! =C AND I woke up at the time I was supposed to this morning, I could have easily pulled on my gym clothes and gone but nooo, I turned off the alarm, reset it, and went back to bed - boo!!!! I hope I go tomorrow morning, I will ride the bike till I'm drenched to try to make up for being so lazy!!

Yes I can! I went to the gym this morning and pedalled fast for 30 minutes on a bike and did a full weights rotation. I thought I would get a good sweat going on the bike but I went 9 miles and barely got damp!

So unfair!! I slacked off last week and this week at the gym, averaging only 3xs per week and not pushing myself for maximum drenching and I hit a mega stall! It's so unfair! There are people on here all the time talking about how they never worked out during their losing phase and yet made it to goal quickly! I have now discovered that the SECOND I stop working out, I stop losing weight. WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF. >=C