Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone from indiana?

I forgot to check this thread. I'm originally from the Terre Haute area and now live in Paoli. Sounds like there are a few here that are near me! I'm just starting the process for approval. Luckily when I can get all the tests and stuff done my insurance doesn't have a 6 month wait.

glad y'all are here...this is probably the scariest decision I've ever made!:faint:

hugs...cat

Hello to everyone in Indiana. I went to Carmel for my Psych visit but my surgeon was actually in Fishers, about 5 miles up the road.

I found out today that my insurance paperwork was submitted and now the waiting begins.....:cool:

I called my insurance company as well and they said that the lap band is a covered surgery as long as I met the requirements...so man I am hoping everything was properly written....I am so ready

This week has been a trial and error for me...tried the protien shakes and didnt DIE>>>>

I actually found one at the GNC store. Unflavored, powder...but man it takes alot to keep the powder mixed up.....and it is defiantly no good warm....YUCK

I dont like vanilla and chocolate, so I am not sure what other kinds to get, but am looking.

:confused:

I also have tried yougurt, and have been off all carbonated drinks since Monday....2 days of headaches, but better now.

Well, I am rambling, but I am so excited and ready to do this.

Looking forward to talking to some more of you from Indiana...

:nervous

I am from around the Lafayette area. I have seen Dr. McEwen and he seems like he is very nice. Just waiting on the insurance they already said they will pay but you need the paper work to get the word go.

That is great...I liked him Dr. McEwen too...his whole staff was friendly and helpful. Who is your insurance through? We have Lumeons, BC/BS and we had already been told we were approved too if we met certain requirements..which I meet....so.....my insurance has record that they recieved it on Monday...now begins the waiting....

please email me along your journey..it would be great to talk with someone going through it and also same doctor....

Traci

yes, I called on Monday and they got it and it is scanned in and in process. What about you????? Did you call?????

We are in jeffersonville this weekend for a basketball trny...(down near Louisville) so email me..I have my laptop....

Traci:clap2:

hello. i live in evansville (sw indiana). i'm just starting the official process. i've received a letter stating that my insurance covers this type of procedure. I have UHC Choice Plus. The insurance doesn't require any sort of pre-op diet that other carriers do, which is cool. i have an appointment to see one of the doctors on 6/27. i was told that i would have to see a nutritionist 5 times before i can have the surgery. i'm hoping i can have the surgery done by the end of the summer...that would be great! as for now, i'm just gonna sit back and be patient...:faint:

my stats are 5'6, 240lb, no major comorbidities as of yet. my family has a history of being overweight, diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer and other problems relating to being overweight. i'm hoping i'm approved so that i can keep those ailments at bay.

I am from Evansville, moved in 1998 to Martin County. I graduated from Reitz....and as a kid never dreamed I would be going down this avenue...

I am waiting for insurance approval to get my surgery done. I had to have a consultation with the surgeon, pshy exam, and evaluation from the nutrionist.

Insurance is not who is requiring the liquid diet pre op, it is the doctor.The want your liver shrinked as much as possible prior to srgery as it makes working laproscoply easier.

If you would like to email me direct....please do....would love to talk more

Who is your doctor in Evansville???

Traci

hoosierpoms@bluemarble.net

Hello, I am from Indianapolis, IN. I just got banded on April 30, 2007 @ St. Vincent Bariatric Center in Carmel by Dr. Christine Gupta. I went back for my follow up on May 7, 2007 and had lost 15lbs. The staff there was really great to me from the beginning to the end. As for the protien drink try the online bariactricadvantage.com..they offer samples before you buy. Also if you have a store called Sunflower Market they also have samples of all flavors - Supra-tein and fruit-a-tein. these protien drinks taste great mixed with Water or milk...Well good luck to all!!!!

Congratulations on being banded! 15lb lost? :omg: That is awesome. :clap2: Best of luck to you as you continue on your journey to a more healthier, happier you.

Thank you SOOOO much I am so excited!!!! I learned something about the fill. If you are continuing to lose the weight on your own when you return for your 6wks your dr will not fill you...the minute you can not control your hunger then that is when your dr will give you a fill....after surgery we really do not have a restriction at all, they are just preparing you to eat 2 oz etc for the first 6 wks because that is when you are suppose to get your feel...that way when the time comes for you to have your fill you would have adjusted to eating properly....most people realize that they have no restriction after 3 wks and that is when they start to eat whatever they want....so those are some things to keep in mind for those who are concerned about fills.

That is great...I liked him Dr. McEwen too...his whole staff was friendly and helpful. Who is your insurance through? We have Lumeons, BC/BS and we had already been told we were approved too if we met certain requirements..which I meet....so.....my insurance has record that they recieved it on Monday...now begins the waiting....

please email me along your journey..it would be great to talk with someone going through it and also same doctor....

Traci

:clap2: I have Aetna Insurance and they have received my claims and I am approved to have it done there is just some paper work. I should here from them about 2 weeks. If they called today I would do it today. I am so excited can't wait. I love the staff over at Dr. McEwen's office.

hello. i live in evansville (sw indiana). i'm just starting the official process. i've received a letter stating that my insurance covers this type of procedure. I have UHC Choice Plus. The insurance doesn't require any sort of pre-op diet that other carriers do, which is cool. i have an appointment to see one of the doctors on 6/27. i was told that i would have to see a nutritionist 5 times before i can have the surgery. i'm hoping i can have the surgery done by the end of the summer...that would be great! as for now, i'm just gonna sit back and be patient...:faint:

my stats are 5'6, 240lb, no major comorbidities as of yet. my family has a history of being overweight, diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer and other problems relating to being overweight. i'm hoping i'm approved so that i can keep those ailments at bay.

:clap2: Dr. McEwen in Fisher is where I have been going and glad that I picked him. The staff there is wonderful and so is he. Can't wait to have this done. I say about 2 weeks and I will be ready. Starting the liquid diet this Sunday May 20 I want a head start before I go.