Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All The New Year Gastric Sleevers- January

I have finished most of my insurance pre op stuff, and made an apt for my final surgeon consultation this morning, for 12/09... When I spoke to my insurance coordinator this morning she said the rest of the process will move quickly, so hold on for the ride! I pray that my sugery happens by the end of January :smile1:

Congrats on all of the January dates! I am so excited for all of us :smile1:

Sabrina,

You and I are on the exact same time line!! My last PCP is Dec 9th too!!! :biggrin: I'm hoping for the middle or end of January as well.

Are they sending you info to the insurance after the 9th or have they sent it out already??

Sabrina,

You and I are on the exact same time line!! My last PCP is Dec 9th too!!! :biggrin: I'm hoping for the middle or end of January as well.

Are they sending you info to the insurance after the 9th or have they sent it out

already??

Hi Melissa!

They are sending in the auth request to my insurance (Aetna) after my apt with my surgeon on the 9th. I was debating lapband vs. vsg for a little while, so now that I know vsg is for me, I am praying everything goes smoothly! Keep me posted on your progress :) its all so exciting!!

I will be sleeved on January 3, 2012...I can't wait!!! Is there a jan 2012 group yet?

I'm not sure have to look around and see ....

Hi Melissa!

They are sending in the auth request to my insurance (Aetna) after my apt with my surgeon on the 9th. I was debating lapband vs. vsg for a little while, so now that I know vsg is for me, I am praying everything goes smoothly! Keep me posted on your progress :smile1: its all so exciting!!

I'm glad you decided on vsg!! i was in the same boat you were and my doctor convinced to get sleeved instead of banded. :) Best decision ever!!! I can't wait!!!

I hope it goes smoothly for all of us!! And i will keep you posted for sure! same goes to you, keep me posted!!

GOOOOOO January!!!!!! :cornut:

I just now realized that this thread was resurrected from last year! Oh well... yay for January 2011 and 2012 sleevers! hehe

I just now realized that this thread was resurrected from last year! Oh well... yay for January 2011 and 2012 sleevers! hehe

yea I just realized that too LOL ....

I have my final appt on Dec 15th so I'm hoping that I'll be able to join the January crowd too. 2012 is going to be our year! Yeah!

Yes it sure is... I can't wait.... It feels like it's so close yet so far away. :biggrin:

I am scheduled for January 17th as well. I am excited, although I must admit, I THINK I am eating better, but I'm not dropping any weight. I suppose I should get my butt on the treadmill (since its sitting in my den.) And I do have a bit of the food funerals/last supper from time to time, but my husband (6'3 and never a fat day in his life..darn him) is on board with eating healthier, so we started changing our diet a few months ago.

I had this horrible thought yesterday that terrified me. That I will wake up with my jaw wired shut or something. That scares me a lot!! Being confined like that. I know its just a random thought..but still made me nervous. That was the first time I got nervous about the surgery. I completely trust my surgeon..so nothing to worry about there.

Just writing on here is making me motivated to start getting my butt into motion. I actually just read something someone posted on another topic, that every pound lost before surgery is one that will NEVER come back.

Does anyone else have that thought in the back of their mind though "Well, I'm gonna drop all the weight then anyway, so why should I torture myself now?" These are only momentary thoughts (that tend to appear when faced with exercising when I'm already exhausted from the day.)

Good luck January sleevers!!! We're in it to win it!!

I'm hoping for about Jan 23rd, or somewhere in that area!!! I have been approved and now doing a 10 week online course. The online course will be complete the week of Jan.16 so my nut said after that week I will have to go to 1 in person class about how I will be eating and the pre-op diet as well as post op then I'm good to sch. If everything stays on course I should def be done the last week of Jan :) I can't wait!!!! I know it will be a big change but I know it will be for the better!!! My BMI is 40 and I have elevated BP, borderline blood sugar, arthritis and scoliosis...so this will help ALOT esp. as I get older. BTW this pic was about 30 # ago! I've gained n lost same 30# about 30x NOW! ughhh :( LOL O welll NOT anymore come JANUARY BABY!!!!

It will be here before you know it... :aureola: