Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's count Dr. Aceves Patients!

[font="Garamond"]Hi All,

I have a quick question. What medications did you come home with? I am so worried about having a lot of pain on my flight home. Also, How much cash did you all take? Nina said not to bring a lot but I want to make sure I have plenty. I will have my credit cards but still want plenty of cash.

Thanks so much![/font]

Hi all,

I haven't been on this site forever. Count me in for one very satisfied Aceves patient. I am down 106 lbs and almost off insulin completely. Dr Aceves and Dr Campos are the best doctors I have ever had and the hospital experience was the best as well--which is saying a lot because I have had 17 ear surgeries, colon surgery, 2 knee surgeries, deviated septum repair, 3 hospitalizations for pneumonia and probably some other things that I can't remember now in my 51 years of life.

Hello All,

I was sleeved by Dr. Aceves January 2010. I trust him completely. I am very particular and i only choose the best. I researched him and Dr. Campos before going to Mexicali. They lived up to their reputation. I know sugeons in California and i work at a surgery center that specializes in gastric surgery. The surgeons i work with are phenominal. Yet, when my son expressed interest in having the VSG, my first thought was, "I'll call Nina!"

[font="Garamond"]Hi All,

I have a quick question. What medications did you come home with? I am so worried about having a lot of pain on my flight home. Also, How much cash did you all take? Nina said not to bring a lot but I want to make sure I have plenty. I will have my credit cards but still want plenty of cash.

Thanks so much![/font]

I came home with Nexium you are given a 2wk supply but you can buy more there. I also had 4 doses of Supredol (sp) which is a non-narcotic painkiller and you can buy more of that there too if you want. I only had back pain on the flight home I'd upgrade to firstclass or ask for bulkhead seats so you can move more. I took 100 bucks for me and my Mom and it was fine. I actually used debit card for most everything.

Count me in! I am almost 7 months post op, amazing experience. I was very well taken care of, had the pleasure of going back a month ago with my best friend who had her sleeve, they treated both of us like gold and even did a swallow study on me (plus I got a scolding for not exercising!) I would make this decision, and most certainly with that surgeon again and again.

I had my sleeve by Dr. Aceves on 8/12. Would not hesitate to recommend him. See some of my other posts for my story, post op complications (no fault of anyone---just one of those things) And I got awesome care for that too!

I'm a retired health care professional and know the difference between great care, so-so care and horrible care. And I can tell you that for the most part the care is awesome in the hospital. I had zero complaints about Aceves and his team. It was the first spinal I ever in my life. And it went very well. No problems with it at all. I had very little post op pain, one tiny episode of nausea (my first sip of water---which was cured by an IV medication) and no vomiting. I am about 8 weeks and a couple days post op and have lost a total of 79 lbs (total pre op dieting and postop) 39 post op. I thought it would be more, but the scale keeps moving albeit slowly. Our AZ weather has been bloody hot lately but the pool is too cold to swim because our overnight temps cool the Water too much. So I am not exercising like I was. Need to get back into that.

Bottom line: I have not had one second of regret for the surgery choice, the surgeon choice, or anything else. I feel so much better. All my GERD has disappeared. Not one episode of it since surgery (knock on wood). But I am pretty much following the program to the letter (except I need more exercise). Our temps are expected to cool off next week. and I start classes after that too so that will get me moving more.

GG

I missed this thread until just now!

I was sleeved by Dr. Aceves on 15 July 2010 and had a fantastic experience from the very first email all the way through my post op questions. I do not have a single complaint.

I hope to one day drag my mom and sister back to him for sleeves of their own!

~Cheri

Having my sleeve done by Dr Aceves on November 12th. Two of my friends had sleeves by Dr Aceves this year and are doing great. One in March and one In May. Cant wait to be on the other side as they say.

Count me in! I had a perfect experience. Everyone from Nina (the coordinator) to Eduardo (the driver) to Dr. Aceves (the star) to Dr. Campos (the other star) to the anesthesiologist (can't remember his name but he was a sweetheart) to EVERYONE! I just respect and admire all of them so much. I am eternally grateful for Dr. Aceves and his team!

I was sleeved 8/27/10 with Dr. Aceves. My experience in Mexicali was good. Some of the issues I had were; there were highly armed guards with huge guns walking around the hospital when we got there for pre-op blood work. That was a little unsettling to say the least. Luckily that was the last we saw of them.

The pain medication really just didn't do it for me, I have a high tolerance for even narcotic pain medication as I've been hospitalized for issues with my pancreas over and over again and given narcotic medications. I spent most of the time in pain, and Sergio telling me that the medication would work soon...it never did.

The CNA's were just amazing, sweet and wonderful, as were Dr. Aceves and Campos. It's honestly the best post-op care I've ever received. Of course not the most pain-free but by far the best care.

I did have Dr. Campos call me after the surgery because of a fever and he called me Alice <_< NOT my name. That kind of bothered me but with the language barrier and all...I mean no one ever gets it right, even in the US lol.

And yes Dr. Campos is a cutie, and the anasteiologist huba huba...whoo! I don't remember his name but he was really good looking and had a great smile...just the kind you want to see before you drift off LOL.

The good looking Dr.'s made it even better :D

To sum it up, I would do it 100 times over to get the results I've gotten so far. I would reccomend Dr. aceves to anyone I know. My sister is planing to go to him as soon as her little one weans off breastfeeding, I'm totally confedent about the care she will receive.

Dr Aceves did mine 12-9-10. It was rather the pass-it-on theory: 1 friend took another, then another took another, & then that friend took me down to Mexicalli!

Why aren't dr. Aceves patients signing in? I know that over half this board has gone to him but I'd like to be able to have more than an estimate.

please post if you had your surgery done by him.

I was sleeved by Dr. Aceves and his team, one week ago today. Down 9 lbs in 9 days! I've never had any surgery and had no problems with this surgery at all. Would recommend this doctor to anyone!

Sue

Okay I have not counted the exact number on this thread, but I do know that not one person was unhappy with anything regarding their hospital stay or their surgeon. That has to say something for the team down there.

Dr. Aceves may charge a little bit more than some of the other Mexican surgeons but his reputation gives everyone

peace of mind and that is worth a fortune to me!