Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's count Dr. Aceves Patients!

I am very curious as to how many people on this board had their sleeve done by Dr. Aceves. Please add your name to the list and also post if you have anything what so ever negative to say about your experience with him or any of his staff. Of course, Please post your feelings if they are positive as well. Dr. Aceves does not advertise here, but through word of mouth only, has sleeved many of us here,and I am just curious as to the actual number. Post also if you have surgery scheduled.

I will start. I was sleeved there 16 months ago, and I loved him and everyone there. I felt I was in the care of one of the best surgeons available whether it be in Mexico or the US. sleeve date 4-29-09

Edited by Oregondaisy

I'm scheduled on October 8th and Nina has been very helpful answering my phone calls promptly as well as numerous emails. I've heard nothing but great things about Dr Aceves and his staff. I can't wait to be on my way!

I had my surgery with Dr. Aceves on 08-27-10 and have absolutely nothing but wonderful things to say about my experience!

I wouldn't have done anything differently and would refer people to Dr. Aceves without hesitation.

I am scheduled with Dr. Aceves this coming Wednesday.. Can't wait!!

So far Nina and Monica have been stellar at getting me all situated. It will be nice once this is all said and done! :thumbup:

All good for me too. I had a wonderful experience in Mexically 5 weeks ago. 3 weeks out i had a pain on my left side...not excrutiating pain but more annoying achey..anyhow i asked Gabby about it..i had a call from Dr Campos within two hrs of my email. He didnt get me on his first call so he called me back twice. I was very impressed!!! Anyone who see's this team is in amazing hands. :thumbup:

Nikki

isn't that great! I had some nausea

a couple of months after I was sleeved and I didn't know if it was sleeve related or not.I had emailed them and asked if it could be related since I was 2 months post op. Dr. Campos called me and I was so shocked! I wasn't expecting a phone call from him. I thought they would just email back to me, but he called immediately!

Count me in. Jan 25, 2010 - an incredible experience, I know I was in the hands of two of the best surgeons out there. If there are better, I would like to know who. What an amazing team. The fact that they work out of a full blown hospital is super reassuring too.

Loved it!!!

C

I had my surgery with Dr. Aceves on June 9th and couldn't be happier. The entire experience was great. I loved the hospital and the staff, the care was amazing. So far the sleeve has exceeded my expectations - I'm losing weight faster than I expected for a revision, am never hungry, and am just amazed that it's everything I hoped it would be. I feel very confident in my ability to get to goal in the first year.

I got sleeved there on Aug. 9, 2010. I had a good surgery experience. My only complaint was pre-surgery with the coordinator originally assigned to me, Renee. I had major issues getting in touch with her. After about 5 incidents where she'd say she didn't get my voicemail or my e-mail (how's that possible, especially so many times?), I e-mailed Nina and asked her if she could be my coordinator. I didn't know about Monica or Gaby at the time. I was happy with Nina's guidance pre-op.

Otherwise, every other aspect of the experience has been good. After that issue with Renee, I was really worried that they'd ignore my calls and e-mail if I had problems post-op. However, like mentioned above, this hasn't been the issue at all. I forgot to send my 3-week update, and a day after my 3-week mark, I got a call from Dr. Campos (who I think is a total babe, by the way) to make sure I was ok.

Yes, Dr. Campos is a hottie and has a very sweet personality to boot. Both he and Dr. Aceves are more caring and attentive than any dr. I have ever gone to in my entire life.

Count me in as of 08/20/10. The experience was better than any I have had in the states, and I felt very comfortable with the staff and the surgery. My only non Kosher blip is that I am pretty sure one of the hospital nurses (actually I think she was more like a CNA not a nurse) kiped my pain/sleeping medication the 2nd night. Other than that, the whole process and experience was better than I could have imagined.

me too!!! it has been the best decision i have ever taken...they are all great....very reliable and very professional.....never had any complaints....every penny spent has been totally worth it......my advice is to choose him and his team!!!

Why aren't dr. Aceves patients signing in? I know that over half this board has gone to him but I'd like to be able to have more than an estimate.

please post if you had your surgery done by him.

Well I'm "Officially" a Dr. Aceves patient now as of the 15th!! :001_unsure: