Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's count Dr. Aceves Patients!

The only oddity is that when I posted this information (twice) on the yahoo group for Dr. Aceves, whomever was the moderator or administrator must have not allowed it through. I found it very concerning that that type of information would be censored. Several patients asked honest questions and I responded. Unfortunately, my information wasn't posted. I'm not sure who moderates the site, but I'm certain it's not the doctors.

Nina moderates the site.

This is strange - I don't post on the Yahoo Group very much, but I get their messages all the time. I've definitely seen messages about complications. Recently there was even a "Dr. Aceves is not all he's cracked up to be" type of message. So I'm not sure if your experience was really censorship or just some sort of technical difficulty. The one time I wanted to post a question and it didn't go through, Nina e-mailed me back to say she couldn't approve it. I was looking for a plastic surgeon for a friend and she said in the past patients have recommended surgeons and someone went to a plastic surgeon and had major complications, so they no longer allow posts advertising surgeons who are not someone Dr. Aceves trusts and knows is competent.

That said, I trust this board more regarding complications and the like. Even though I personally have not seen proof of censorship of bad experiences there, I'm obviously a bit suspicious that it could happen there.

I sent it two different posts on the infection on three different occassions and none of them went through.

Just putting it out there.

Hi Lily,

I spoke with Nina today and am penciled in for January 3rd!B)

Denise

Denise,

I am penciled in for February so far as that is when I get my vacation. So I will be a month behind you.

Lily

Hello everyone,

I have a question. Did anyone go a day or two early to San Diego? I have never been there. I will be travelling from the East Coast.I am thinking of having a little relax time before surgery. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I have a question. Did anyone go a day or two early to San Diego? I have never been there. I will be travelling from the East Coast.I am thinking of having a little relax time before surgery. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Oh you should definitely make a short trip out of it. There's a lot of great things to do there, and it's so beautiful. I say go for it! :biggrin0:

I was sleeved on 8/30/10. The surgery itself went fine, but as I've said before, the driver forgot to pick up my friend and I in Calexico (we drove in rather than flying....parked at the lot they recommend in Calexico) and then the driver forgot us so we had to find our own very expensive cab ride across the border. It worked out fine, however, because they paid me back the $40 US (the extortoin, in my opinion!) for the cab ride. But Aceves and Campos (and Sergio) are EVERYTHING good everyone says they are.

Sergio was fabulous. they all are, but I will never forget visiting with Sergio every night in my room when he brought me Dr. Campos' laptop.

Hi, I am going to be sleeved on OCt 11th!

Wish me luck! :thumbup:

Hi, I am going to be sleeved on OCt 11th!

Wish me luck! :w00t:

I'll be dropped off at the airport when you are being picked up!

Hi all,

I haven't been on this site forever. Count me in for one very satisfied Aceves patient. I am down 106 lbs and almost off insulin completely. Dr Aceves and Dr Campos are the best doctors I have ever had and the hospital experience was the best as well--which is saying a lot because I have had 17 ear surgeries, colon surgery, 2 knee surgeries, deviated septum repair, 3 hospitalizations for pneumonia and probably some other things that I can't remember now in my 51 years of life.

Greetings Everyone!!!

I just had to reply as I have not posted nor been in on the board in awhile. Of course, after VSG, it seems that sometimes folks are enjoying life soo much, time just seems to fly by. I had surgery on March, 2010 and started at 294 (which I could not even speak this number several months ago). Today (October 2), I am down 95 lbs which is just short of AMAZING!!. I feel good, just walked over 7 miles today with no problems, worked out after the walk and just seem to be living more now than I did 15+ years ago! Dr. Aceves and Dr. Campos were awesome!! Nina was a blessing! The entire Mexico experience was nothing short of remarkable!! As an healthcare professionally employed individual for over 20 years, I have never seen nor heard of the type of care that I and others recieved at this facility! It really makes one think about how our care, in the States, could be model after the folks in Mexico!!. I am forever grateful and thankful for a new life which has been give me! God Bless the entire staff with Dr. Aceves!!! :scared0:

I love this thread! Yay for Dr Aceves!

To have surgery by one of the best surgeons around, last I heard, if you don't have a band to remove it's 8750. That includes 3 nights in the hospital and Dr Aceves and Dr. Campos will see you 3 times per day, transportation to and from the airport in San Diego, complete labs, chest xray, ekg, one night in a beautiful hotel after your lab work, and aftercare. You take all your lab work paperwork and xrays home with you, and if you have any concerns after you're home, Dr. Campos will call you personally.