Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Warning ADULT content XXX (please don't look if you're easily offended)

Ok so I am in the process of getting a band. There is this one thing that came to mind and it's regarding performing oral sex on a man.

I hope this doesn't come across as slutty but I am worried that when I do this I might gag and that can hurt my band. Is that possible?

I happen to like doing this specific act of love and been known to gag in the past. I dont mind the gagging itself because it never hurts and I don't throw up, but if I have the band and gag, can it slip or somethin?

If I'm crossing the line please feel free to lock/delete this thread!

I'm interested in seeing what kind of responses you get. I have had this happen on more than one occassion and I've had my band almost 9 months.......I don't think its effected the band in anyway.

Any time I've gagged performing fellatio, it was more of a response in my throat itself and had nothing to do with my stomach.

What happens is you stimulate your gag reflex. Unless you do this often and actually force yourself to vomit, it shouldn't affect your band at all. Your stomach muscle isn't contracting unless you vomit as a result of repeated gag reflex stimulation.

Good luck and have fun!

BTW, I would probably wait to "stimulate your gag reflex" until after you've healed properly. Not that you can't perform fellatio, just be careful not to stimulate the gag reflex because you may be a little sensative immediately post op. Vomiting is to be avoided, if at all possible, during the healing phase to allow the band to heal into place.

I happen to like doing this specific act of love

I hear you sister, dont worry an occassional gag will not hurt your band as long as it is not too soon after surgery, make sure your band has healed and set into place before you do the oral thing.

Now THAT would be a gooey PB!

That is the funniest question (and a very good one, I might add) that I have ever heard about the band. Hmmm, I think we should all tell our doctors that this one needs to be added to their FAQ's sheet that they give all of their patients.

I sell this product that numbs the back of the throat that can stop the gag reflex. It comes in Cinnamon and Mint. If you want more info then feel free to email me at penni.merrick@slumberparties.com It's called GOOD HEAD! Love the name.

I would have to agree that as long as the gag reflex wasn't over stimulated then it shouldn't hurt your band.

OMG you asked the VERY question I have been wondering about. I am 2 weeks post op and about to go on a European vacation with my BF. I cant imagine NOT doing this.....its one of my favorite things! Also I was wondering if swallowing was going to fill me up....haha! Not sure if I want to waste the calories! You are my kind of gals LOL

*raises hand* I'm a BIG (pun intended) fan of performing oral sex and I've been known to gag. lovetosuck-smiley.gif

Like diedre said, the gagging is not related to your stomach but rather your throat. No problems here!

Well I am very pleased to hear that I can continue to do as I did once I'm healed! :)

I love this message board!

Penni, how much is this good head???? If I can afford it, I will definately give it a try. :eek:

O.K. I was sent to the thread tonight for research by my DH. I told him I saw it when it was first posted. I guess it shows the importance of keeping your man happy. :) I can't believe what I'm seeing in Tricia's post. This is too much!! Good Head also has a chocolate flavor....my favorite. :eek: