Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When do the Gas Pains Start?

I must have been lucky as well! Almost no gas pain but I did do a lot of walking. For the first 3 days I could feel some gurgling but no real pain.

Wow that's awesome!

I had gas pain as soon as I woke up. I had so much pain in my back I can't even explain how bad it was! I can feel bubbles of gas moving around in my stomach and it is painful. Walking helps alot. It is mostly gone now, just a little at night still. But I do have this great thing called Post Surgery Depression! From what I understand it is caused from Anesthesia. I just start crying for no reason at all. Mostly in the mornings. :001_unsure:

Wow never heard of this before. There's a first time for everything though. Feel better soon Christina.

Other than that you have already done really really well! Congrats! :thumbup1:

I even walked in place in the middle of the night!!!

I hope you are feeling better now, Christina.

Really one of the things that scared me about the surgery....well after the surgery was the gas pains. So many people talked about how painful it was. I got scared a little bit, I even brought my Gas-X strips to the hospital, but nothing. And still so far nothing.

Deb

I asked my doc this morning about Gas X. He said not to bother. He said that it works for people who are producing too much gas, but that in our case, it's due to the normal swallowing of air with drinking, talking and just breathing. It's a bummer, because it makes just one more element beyond our control, but hey he also said, that if I feel like it helps, it's not going to hurt. Oh well...

That's another thing- I can't talk a whole lot for long. It's just to uncomfortable. Anyone else?

Wow never heard of this before. There's a first time for everything though. Feel better soon Christina.

Other than that you have already done really really well! Congrats! :D

My mom told me she also had this after her Hysterectomy. It seems to only be in the morning.

That's another thing- I can't talk a whole lot for long. It's just to uncomfortable. Anyone else?

I couldn't walk more than 3-4 blocks without getting exhausted and light-headed until like 10 days out. I'm finally at a point where I run most of my errands on foot, but so far I'm still driving to the university. Normally I'd walk - it's about 3 miles - but I'm still not sure I can handle it at 2 weeks post-op.

I had my surgery on the 20th and am home now and find that after snoozing for a bit, I get more gurgly. It's not pain per se, but just bubbles in my abdomen that want to get out one way or another. Lol. For me, it's only annoying, not painful. The only pain I have is when I cough - my right side (I believe the side where they removed most of my stomach...) is more tender and does not react well to my abdominal muscles contracting like that. Or I suppose I have pain if I forget and try to do things like I always did, forgetting about my incisions. So, when I'm cautious, no acute pain. Don't know if that helps! :crying:

The gas x strips helped me! But you must take two!!! Then again I might be one of those people who produce too much gas. :crying:

Ok dumb question but what exactly are gas x strips LOL??? liquid? pills? or just what it says strips? And if so, what in the heck do you do with these strips? Hahahaha:laugh0:

Ok dumb question but what exactly are gas x strips LOL??? liquid? pills? or just what it says strips? And if so, what in the heck do you do with these strips? Hahahaha:laugh0:

Literally strips. You put them on your tongue and they dissolve within a minute. The taste's not bad.

Literally strips. You put them on your tongue and they dissolve within a minute. The taste's not bad.

Ohhhh ok...thanks!