Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Foods you used to love but now hate

I pretty much hate eggs now. I have a hard time digesting them. My husband LOVES them...so I get to still cook them. Scrambled is the worst for me.

And I agree on broccoli....it is just hard to digest. When I cook it at home it is better.

The nurse told me at my last visit that the surgery seems to reboot you whole system and having changes in likes and dislikes is common.

Nancy

There is not one single thing that I used to like that I don't like now.

I guess I have been eating low carb for such a long time, the things that Will described are things I haven't eaten in years. I've been on an Atkins type diet since the

1970's and had a band before the sleeve, so really nothing for me has changed, other than portion sizes.

I agree with Deb. chicken just doesn't like me (or any dense Protein for that matter!) And I agree with her also - most of the time I think I really want something I really liked and ate before but when I eat it, just doesn't do it for me. I have found that if I get the taco meat, tomatoes ( no lettuce doesn't agree with me) a little cheese and some refried Beans on the bottom, it's like eating a taco salad and goes down great! Sad to say, I'm the same as someone else mentioned on Chinese food - my stomach doesn't like it! lol I am right at 3 months post-op. Loving my sleeve!!! I am now in Onederland and can't wait til I can see the #'s of weight loss some of you already have! You are inspirations! I am very happy with my weight loss so far - 54 lbs!

It's not so much foods I used to love and now hate, it's an overwhelming craving for fresh crunchy vegetables lately. I'm only 5 weeks out so I'm not cleared for raw veggies or fruits yet, but ohhhh how I want them!!!! I will be the happiest salad eater when I finally get the green light!

chocolate was my absolute favorite food-I literally couldn't get through a day without chocolate of some sort. Now, when I see chocolate in any form-cake, Cookies, brownies, etc-it actually repels me. Today for dinner, I had an Atkins Endulge bar that I used to eat every morning with Breakfast, and I'm still gagging from the taste.

I always liked fruit, but now it's the thing I crave the most.

I also get cravings for Chinese food, but I'm afraid to try most of it until I'm further out from the surgery. As for Mexican food, I have been doing very well with it, as long as it's in small portions.

Update: I stand corrected. It turns out there is a food that I loved that now tastes disgusting - chocolate. I never ever ever would have thought that my beloved chocolate would fall prey to the changing taste buds, but it did. A couple of nights ago I was about to fall victim to head hunger, I found a square of a Ritter Sports bar in my fridge. Ritter Sports bars have nothing to do with sports, they are squares of european chocolate, this one with hazelnuts. I thought, "I'll just nip off a tiny non-nut having piece and let it melt in my mouth, that's not so bad". I nipped, and the taste in my mouth was so foul, I ran to the sink and spat it out, blech!!

Maybe it was because it had been in the fridge too long, I hope this isn't a permanent thing. Now, french fries, oh it would be a relief if they tasted like a$$!!

I WISH I had lost my love for chocolate. I still LOVE it. bummer for me.

Ahh, Rittersport. I remember that chocolate fondly from Germany. I love the noisette and the marzipan. Haven't had it since surgery because I'm afraid I'll still love it. I did try about a teaspoon of nutella. It, unfortunately, was still heaven.

Ahh, Rittersport. I remember that chocolate fondly from Germany. I love the noisette and the marzipan. Haven't had it since surgery because I'm afraid I'll still love it. I did try about a teaspoon of nutella. It, unfortunately, was still heaven.

Hey, I wonder if a tsp of nutella would turn some of these Protein shakes into something edible? A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down ...

I tried 1 dove dark promise yesterday and now I've confirmed it: I still love chocolate.< /p>

I nibbled the tiniest corner of a piece of baklava today and it was horrible! I don't think it was the baklava's fault, it was fresh made today and I'm in a country that knows it's fried honey n nut sweets! So I think baklava is going on the list of no longer appealing foods. I wish Peanut Butter were on that list, I'm afraid it is becoming a slider.

I'm pretty sure I'm a vegitarian now. I have been a vegitarian off and on throughout my life. I feel like I need to remain a meat eater until I reach my goal weight because the dense Protein is a big contributor to my weight loss... but man sometimes I have to choke it down. chicken breasts....yuk.... pork...yuk..... steak... haven't tried it yet but sounds bad. I'm pretty much down to fish. I try to choke down a chicken breast or something along those lines every day... but when I reach my goal thats going out the window.

Checkers french fries. Used to be yummy. Now gross. Thank goodness.