Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Folding Sheets, or, My Idea Of Hell

I knew a couple who put their kids to work in the house from very young ages. For punishments, they would make the kids do a specialty chore such as empty out a kitchen drawer, wash out the drawer and everthing that was in it before putting it all back. I swear, that woman never had a messy house! Ok, she did have 7 kids....

Jeez, I couldnt trust my kids to do that. I went beserk at Fraser the other day as Eliza went to sit on her little padded toilet seat (which was sitting on the toilet) and came out crying because it was covered with pee. I was so mad, I made Fraser put down his Breakfast, glove up and head in there with bucket and bleach. I told him to make sure he SCRUBBED the floor all around the toilet too - it collects in the tile grout.

What do I find when I get back? Dried up pee still all in the toilet lid (because he didnt even lower the lid to clean the top of it) and puddles of Water behind the toilet with the spare toilet paper sitting in it, the toilet brush left on the floor and the old towel I gave him to dry it all off danging into the toilet.

He wanted pocket money to clean out my car but he did such a crap job I gave him none. He's most affronted that he carted all the junk in and got nothing for it. I'd asked him to bring the stuff in, put it all away properly then vacuum out the car. He thinks carting a few bags and shoes in and dumping them in the middle of the lounge room amounts to the same thing.

They get their clean clothes to hang up, the hang them all upside down, twisted, half on the hangers, it all falls off and gets shoved in the back of the wardrobe to appear in the washing basket the next week.

Theoretically they get pocket money, but they never get it because they're pigs. I'm thinking corporal punishment needs to make a come back in this house, stuff supernanny.

one of my dad's favortie hobbies was doing the laundry. I grew up thinking that it was "man's work" to do the laundry. I don't think my mother ever did a load of laundry when i was a kid.

She didn't teach me how to Iron, because she said she had better things to teach me. ... Like how to roll the prefect joint.

My mother-in-law bought me an ironing board, and my sister-in-law couldn't believe I don't know where my Iron is. I have a vague idea where it might be. Like, I know it's in the house. Probably.

OKAY, here's something no one has brought up -- does anyone get that totally bogus feeling in their hands while folding laundry....like they are in the sahara and they have never in their entire lives used hand lotion....sometimes I wanna go wet my hands in the middle of the folding b/c I am so grossed out from the dry feeling..........OKAY, if you don't know what I'm talking about, maybe it's just me................

i do not like doing the laundry either. my boys (9 and 12) sort, wash, dry their own laundry, they have for 2 yrs now. but i fold all their shirts and "good clothes". and my husband does almost all his laundry also. but when i need to wash tablecloths, curtains, etc., i say i don't really mind. they always look so good when clean! i just hate to have to Iron them!! my ironing board cover gets dusty, because i RARELY USE IT!! there is no denying it though, ironed stuff looks so much better.:cool:

watch it NJ chick or the moderators will have to break it up btw you & me!!!!!!!!

food FIGHT !! I mean CAT FIGHT !!! ROFL :cool:

I -purposely- have been avoiding this thread. Im determined that in my afterlife, Im going to have a basket of clothes attached to my hip. Everyone in my house changes clothes at the very least - twice a day. My middle child (my little Anne Marie) is averaging 3 to 4 changes a day. :biggrin1:

Dearest Kathy...

when I showed my Anne - Rachels bed, her eyes LIT up with a HUGE smile across her face.

Great IDEA is what was going though her little mind.

:tired

It's almost easier when you are gone all day...nothing happens when you are gone! It's when you live in your house 24/7 that things get constantly messed up.

How true!!

You know my friend thats pregnant for the 3rd - the one that the hubby is freaking???

Well, this entire family is a ball of OCD's. Even the kids. The 5yr old comes to my house and see's a spot on the carpet - and TELLS me I have a spot on the floor!!!!

For the longest time Ive noticed that they NEVER stay home. Both parents work 40 hours a week. Kids are in after school programs, then brought here and there until supper time. After supper, its bath then bed. No time for messing up.

On weekends, they go to movies, take road trips, just go go go go go go..... because (Ive figured) they dont want to mess up the house. My friend told me that HER biggest fear with having #3 is not being able to keep on top of thing's.

I just smiled.

Sorry, got off topic for a sec.

LoL that is so funny, I was just doing laundry 2 nights ago thinking the same thing when I did all the sheets. My other rant is that I love about a million pillows on my bed, which is great to sleep, but sucks to change. I feel the burn in my arms and shoulders after about 10 of them!!!!

I have a system for laundry. Every Saturday I take all of the dirty clothes, towels and sheets down to the basement and put them in a big pile on the floor. I pick out all the sheets and throw them in the washer. While sheets are washing I sort all the laundry by color. When sheets are done I throw them in the dryer and load the towels. After sheets are dry I throw towels in dryer, whites in the wash and take sheets upstairs to go back on the beds. After the towels dry I fold them while still warm and bring upstairs while the rest of the clothes are washing and drying.

My trick to keeping everything wrinkle free is to take care of it as soon as it comes out of the dryer. I have LOADS of hangers and as soon as cothes come out of the dryer they go on hangers and then into the closet. The thing is that almost everything gets hung up. All t-shirts, camis, pants, blouses, skirts, even tube tops. I only keep undies and socks in the drawers.

Target sells hangers very cheap, I think 13 plastic hangers for about a dollar. They also sell kid size hangers too.

I like doing laundry this way because it only takes three hours and in between loads I can clean the other areas of the house.

I'm Polish though, cleaning comes natural to me lol