Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Folding Sheets, or, My Idea Of Hell

I hate folding sheets. I hate it.

They're huge and you always end up dropping a part of it on the laundry room floor - either that or one of the pillowcases. And what about FITTED sheets? They work great when they're on the bed but, honestly, can ANYONE fold them and have them come out flat? Or does everyone, like me, settle for a semi-folded, mostly-balled-up lump? What about the one pillowcase that ALWAYS gets stuck in the corner of the fitted sheet and comes out of the dryer either still damp or completely dried in a tight, wrinkley little ball? Jeez!

The only thing worse than folding sheets . . . is putting wadded, wrinkley sheets on the bed which have been sitting in a laundry basket. Particularly when you realize the damned cat has been using them for a comfy catnap! Crud. Back to the laundry room.

I learned to fold fitted sheets with all the corners tucked into eachother, then folded behind the flat sheet, and tucked the pillowcases into the top of the flat sheet. that way, the sheets come all together as a package.

haha. I watched a Martha Stewart episode one time...or was it in her magazine?...and she said to fold in thirds. For fitted sheets, fold in half, the corners into each other, then half again, so all 4 corners are tucked into a pocket. At this point, it's small enough to fold into thirds, then thirds again, and if you are lucky, it comes out relatively flat and the same size as the flat sheet when folded. Then she said to tuck the sheets and any extra pillow cases into one pillow case and store the set in your linen closet that way. I don't do the pillow case thing, but it sure looks nice and handy when Martha-dear does it. Anyhow, I always think of the "thirds" rule when folding the sheets.

Now, the cat in the laundry basket, I can't help with. But can you blame the cat? What a wonderful nap that would be!!!!!

Balled up lump in this house.

I hate laundry. I am so over it. We are currently in the process of fitting in a second washer and dryer, because I jsut cannot keep up with it. Australian houses dont have basements and laundries tend to be tiny, ours is 2 metres x 3 metres, so very very little room.

I just dont flipping care anymore. The boys dont hang up their clothes properly, I put clean stuff in their room to be put away and next thing I know, its all back in the washing basket. Eliza changes clothes 75 times a day. I get spit on, snotted on etc.

Can you tell you've just caught me after another interminable few hours of putting darn clothes away?

Oh I totally agree! I HATE laundry! Particularly the ironing. My husband made me so mad on Sunday that I just hung ALL of his clothes totally wrinkled!!!

(I'm still laughing about that!) :P

Oh I DO fold the corners into each other. It works pretty well if only the corners are elasticized but all my new sheet sets have the "shower cap" type of elastic, which goes all the way around. I like that when they're on the bed, but I hate trying to fold them. I do it, and I put them in the linen closet because I don't want the cat using them for a nap . . . but I hate it.

P.S. Martha Stewart's middle name is Beelzebub.

Ironing is what you do once a year with your antique lace tablecloth that fits your enormous dining room table that is coved with husband junk except when we have parties.

My in-laws cannot believe that not only do I not know how to Iron, I don't have the slightest bit of interest in learning how.

My ex-husband expected me to Iron his Navy uniforms, so I ironed them wrong.:faint: I mean really, who in the world would iron when permanent press was invented?

ummmmmm...The housekeeper was here today, and I sat on the computer feelling guilty while she cleaned my bathrooms. Oh well, I dont work all week to clean 3 toilets and mop on the weekends, which is why we have her, all guilt aside. My grandmother is the QUEEN of folding sheets. I saw the Martha Stewart thing (on Oprah?), she has nothing on my grandmother. I can fold em that way! But even knowing how, they are usually the "lumps" you talk about, lol, I just want them folded and put away. My grandma had NO OTHER source of self-validation but how well she cooked and cleaned. Dont worry about it, they're only sheets!!!!!

Okay, here's the laundry sitch at our house. We are overflowing with hand-me-downs. 80% of my 6yo daughter's clothes are from others. I spend NO money on her clothes! Okay, some. BUT! It's the end of the school year, she had loads of uniforms (not shown here) that need to be sorted and put away for the summer, and all of these need to be sorted into sizes and seasons, and I haven't even gotten to the hanging clothes in her closet.

This is my daughter's room. She's been sleeping on her sleeping bag on the floor for a week now, since her bed is covered in clothes that need dealt with. I snuck in, turned on the light, and took this pic. Hey, her sheets are clean! They are just stacked on the bed with the rest of it. And SHE'S a "changes clothes 5 times a day" kid, too. Egads!!!

post-204312-13813133530822_thumb.jpg

That is too cute.

Sheesh, sheets. My husband can fold the fitteds because he has longer arms and is taller. Whenever I try, I drag 'em across the floor and can't reach into two pockets at the same time. It's a pretty big mattress/sheet. I can usually get him to do it by leaving the "folded" (rectangular ball of) sheets on top of the dryer for him to look at. He sees the lopsided pile and feels sorry for them.

For the most part, I love laundry. With almost no effort, matted-down, dirty things go into one machine and come out of the other machine all warm, soft, and yummy smelling. Towels are the best.

Then again, I only have one child and I stay at home. This is the rant page, maybe you guys should rant about how good I've got it...

Funny Donna... I was just folding a fitted sheet a couple of days ago and had many of the same thoughts! Of course... they didn't last for long... it only took a second to create the sheet ball that is a different shape with every folding. :P

Kathy... Halarious! My daughter's room is Rated WTHITB (Where The Hell Is The Bed) as well. She actually squirrels dirty clothes under her covers... and then wonders why she doesn't have any clean clothes when I am finished with the laundry... goofuss.

I just take the sheets off, wash, put back. No folding required! We have more than one set, but only one set ever gets used. Same for the kids and guest room.

Okay, here's the laundry sitch at our house. We are overflowing with hand-me-downs. 80% of my 6yo daughter's clothes are from others. I spend NO money on her clothes! Okay, some. BUT! It's the end of the school year, she had loads of uniforms (not shown here) that need to be sorted and put away for the summer, and all of these need to be sorted into sizes and seasons, and I haven't even gotten to the hanging clothes in her closet.

This is my daughter's room. She's been sleeping on her sleeping bag on the floor for a week now, since her bed is covered in clothes that need dealt with. I snuck in, turned on the light, and took this pic. Hey, her sheets are clean! They are just stacked on the bed with the rest of it. And SHE'S a "changes clothes 5 times a day" kid, too. Egads!!!

You are a mess......ROFL.....I should have taken a picture this pass weekend. I refused to do the laundry and made my 13 year old do it. It just happen to be the one weekend she was sick. I was determined not to do them and it took her 2 1/2 days to do it and the bedroom had clothes every where.

CHALLENGE.....SOMEONE CALL ME AND MAKE ME DO MY BEDROOM THIS WEEKEND!!!!