Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is a crazy question, but what is a "Panni"? I'm not sure if my insurance pays, but fingers crossed that everything springs back as my weight comes off! I have big dreams I know, but I can dream. ;D

It's the lower abdominal skin that ends up being saggy -__-

Ohhh, after 5 children, my elasticity just isn't the same anymore! :/

Neither is mine :(

*sigh*

Ohhh' date=' after 5 children, my elasticity just isn't the same anymore! :/[/quote']

Me too honey me too. My youngest is 18 and I'm still trying to get my baby weight off lol.

Lol...I'm not looking to be a supermodel, just don't want to look like a rubber band!=)

I'm not so sure I like this bone showing body I've got going on here... I miss having some cushion...or at least a butt -__-

I just turned 42 a few weeks ago, am married and have an 11 year old son and a 10 year old daughter. I was sleeved on 9/14 and am almost 60lbs down and about 25 til goal! This has been the best journey!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

42 last August. I am 10 days post op and can not believe I am 17 lbs lighter already. I am on a Quest to meet my Protein and liquid goals daily. I have 1 day so far. :-). Liquid stage got

Tough but am adjusting really well and actually slept on my stomach last night. Getting ready to start working out and see what happens. My follow up appt is this coming Thursday. Hopefully back to work as well!

I am 42 and sleeved 2/20. I am looking forward to improved health and fully intend to make the most of it and MY time! I am single and have a delightful 18 year old daughter in college.

I am 41, I had GSV in Dec. 2011. I was 239 & now 181. I have gotten down to 162, but not for long. Now life is extremely stressed and emotional eating is taking its toll and a hold of me. I have 2 boys 9 & 7 & am 11 year marriage barely hang on, because of me. The attention of men was an ego trip. It feels like midlife crisis for me.

How do I get my head and body back in this game?

I am 41, I had GSV in Dec. 2011. I was 239 & now 181. I have gotten down to 162, but not for long. Now life is extremely stressed and emotional eating is taking its toll and a hold of me. I have 2 boys 9 & 7 & am 11 year marriage barely hang on, because of me. The attention of men was an ego trip. It feels like midlife crisis for me.

How do I get my head and body back in this game?

I'm sorry you are going through this. People could tell you to go back to the basics of dense Protein, Water intake, etc, but it sounds like you have some other things going on that you need help with. Have you thought about seeking out a counselor that has experience working w/people w/food issues and/or marriage counseling? food can be a great friend in the sense that it doesn't judge us when we are going through difficult times, but we all know where that takes us too... I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm going to guess that there are some things in your current world or maybe some things from your past that you may need to work through. Not saying it will be the "fix" but sometimes if we understand what's going on, it can be easier to tackle how to handle these things.

I will be 2 yrs this June and I am struggling myself with letting stress get in the way of healthy eating also. Just try to get in front of this before it gets any further. You know you can do this, and it's not a bad thing to ask for help.

hey former_vbg - I noticed you had your surgery in Denton, TX - that is my home town - what a small world - did you ever live there - or just have surgery there?

hey former_vbg - I noticed you had your surgery in Denton, TX - that is my home town - what a small world - did you ever live there - or just have surgery there?

No, I have never even lived in TX. I had a revision and it was difficult to find a surgeon who had experience of revising VBG's to a sleeve All the surgeons within a few hundred miles of KC either wanted to do a gastric bypass on me because that was the "easy way" out for them. I wouldn't settle for that and so I had to travel there to have the surgery. The surgeon did a good job on the surgery for the most part but he has the personality of a DONKEY!

Edited by former_vbg

Thread's too long to read from the beginning so I will just "jump in". I am 46 and was sleeved dec 6, 2012. I was sleeved one month before my 46th birthday. I have lost almost 40 lbs and so happy I made this choice. There's no stopping me now! I will live a long healthy mid life and enjoy my grand babies to the fullest!