Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi ladies! Sorry I haven't been around in a while - i've had a busy week. I'm fairly open to when we meet up, even though I don't get my band until October 2nd. I can hardly believe it's only three weeks away!!!! Oh my! So I've finally started my pre-op "diet" to lose 10lbs. This even though I've known I was going to do this for months and months. lol. I've lost 2 lbs. Yeah!! Loooooooooong way to go. lol.

Well ladies I'm off to play bunco. I'll chat with you all later.

Chris

hi all! it's been a busy week with school starting. things are still the same no losses yet but here's to hoping!

dezadoo

i am not losing also, but not gaining.

i see dr jones on oct 4th

i hope i at least lose 4 pounds

back at work on light duty...i work in a power plant so some of the valves can be too much for the stomach mucles.

don't lose heart....!

hope to meet some day

deb

Chris - Good job on the before banding weight loss. It's not easy, that's for sure. Ummm that's why we're doing this :rolleyes: You're on your way and working on it, that's what they really want to see.

dezadoo - sometimes the body takes time to lose again too. BELIEVE ME I know lol You're due for your first fill soon right? I think I may have too much fill in my band and have to get some removed. Seems I get stuck alot lately and I'm not able to eat much...sometimes that's a good thing - not eating much that is.

rainbow - I'm sure when you get back to work you'll start losing again too. Remember your first 8 weeks are about healing. Definately want stitches to heal to keep your band in place :D

I'm doing ok today...no stress since no work today lol. Seems stress takes its toll on my body and weight. I haven't lost anything over the past week and a half, as a matter of fact my body held onto Fluid for a while too. Chris had to help me work my way through that stress lol. Thanks Chris! Doing better though...loss that Water retention or whatever it is and back on track again. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Hi Ladies!

Wow, what a weekend! I was so busy I feel like I missed the weekend. lol. Back to work tomorrow - ugh!

I had a wedding last night and had a blast! I danced the entire night and definitely hit my exercise quota for the week! lol.

Rainbow - Bunco is a dice game for a group of 12. I'm in a bunco league where we play once a month. There are 12 members, and we each take turns hosting once a year, where we supply all the food and beverage for the night. It's a simple game, and seems to be more of a reason to get out and socialize. It's a lot of fun.

Well I am going to wash some dishes. I will chat with you all later. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Chris

how is everyone doing? i want to try bunco sometime, my girlfriend in ohio plays and loves it and the girls she hangs with

Hi Deezadoo,

I'm doing great! My surgery date is two weeks from today - I can hardly believe it! I'm trying to get ready at work to be out for two weeks. I will love the time off, but I have a lot to do to get ready.

Well maybe we can have a bunco night sometime. You need 12 people to play. Maybe if we're ever able to get a local support group going we could try and play.

So I have a second date tomorrow night with a guy I really like. I'm hoping it goes well. I can't believe I'm starting to date someone right now. What timing, huh? But I guess if it's meant to be, it's meant to be and he'll be ok with my banding. I would love not to tell him for a couple months, but I think he'll notice I can't eat while I'm on my liquid stage. lol. I think I'm getting ahead of myself though. I need to make it past the second date. lol.

So what is new with you deezadoo? Have you had your first fill yet? And rainbow - how are you? It's been a while since we've posted. How is your partner doing?

And I know how SherryW is doing - we were emailing today at work. lol. But hey girly!!

Chris

hi there

i've been busy with work on day shift now (work 4 weeks of work in 3 weeks)and trying to get ready for ken's home coming party. his friends put up a sign on a bridge over looking the masspike. looks cool everyone tells me, but i haven't gone that way.

i've been trying to hit the tread mill for 39 mins to raise up the old heart rate, i really must make that number one on my list.

gezadoo dee 2 weeks to go!

i am coming that way for oct 4 not sure if i will stay over with the kids in canton, but if i do maybe we could meet for a quickie some where.

crispygal you sould be coming up to your next stage soon, how ya doing?

hi all! my first fill in next wed. i found out today that i have to take a full sick day so i guess i'll sleep in! woohoo! unfortunatley i'm trying to save my sick days for maternity leave, if and when i ever get preg. oh well. :)

deb - i also try to increase my speed on the treadmill. my goal is always to reach at least 4 mph by the end of my time. god it sucks! i am also lifting alot to keep myself toned for when i actually look like i'm shrinking. i have biceps now - its surreal!

chris - are you getting excited?!? i am so proud of you:) by the way, how's the guy? how did the 2nd date go?

now that we fianlly got the new laptop i am going to try to find pix, old and recent.

hugs to all!

dez

boy do i hate working 12 hr shifts...sometimes i have to ask what day is it.

the best part is now i am off for 7 days after tomorow.. yup you heard it right . most months i get a week off ( off course i pay for it in the other 3 weekks)

the best i can do is 2.9 m/hr on flat surface, on the tread mill, haven't started any toning stuff yet.

off to work folks

Hi everyone,

I am back from my visit in RI. It sounds like everyone is doing OK. Do I have a story for you. My cousin was taking me in to Boston for a meeting on the 14. We had used mapquest and checked with AAA and off we went. We arrived BUT it was at the original Beth Israel Hosp. in Needhan. What a disappointment!!!!My request to mapquest and AAA stated Brookline Ave, Boston. They said Shapiro was difficult to get to from there, tried to give us directions. After stopping about 6 more times for directions, we never made it. Well, good news, on Tues. I went in with my husband for blood work and talked to Dr. H, and I have appts with nutritionist and psych. on Oct 3 and 19, so I am moving along. I will have to make up the meeting. 2 steps forward, 1 back - whew! chrissygal, your date is coming. I am excited for you. Talk to you all later. Nanaviv

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around. Glad to hear everyone is doing well and on their way to banding and fills. I'm home today, sick from work, because I did get something stuck or my band was being particularly finicky and I couldn't really eat or drink yesterday. Now I've got a whopper of a headache and just shaky. I'll do ok though, feeling a little better already but, more liquids need to be ingested :)

I'm still wondering how much FILL I even have in my band only because Dr. Jones couldn't give me a good figure. I wrote to Angi to try to figure out what's best for me right now. I may have to have a slight unfill...but I hate to have to do that. The scale hasn't moved in two weeks for me...but I think it's because I'm not getting enough in.....gotta track myself on Fitday like Christine suggested lol.

Hi everyone! I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well.

Sherry - I think you need a slight unfill my dear. You've been struggling over this ever since you got the fill and your body is telling you that you have too much fill. But I'm here to support you no matter what your decision is.

Deezadoo - I am impressed that you've been working out. You go girl! I work out sporatically. I definitely need to get better at it. Best wishes on your first fill. You must be excited. Are you nervous at all? My guy is doing great. He had to cancel Tues night b/c he caught a stomach bug from his daughter. But we are going out on Saturday, so we'll see how that goes. I just think he's so hot. lol.

Rainbow - A week off sounds so nice! How is your partner doing by the way? Any better with the diverticulitis?

Nanaviv - sorry to hear you got lost. If you don't know the area it really can be tough. I know it seems like everything is so far away, but it does go quickly.

I can hardly believe I am just over a week away. I go back and forth between really wanting to do this and not sure of my decision. Ugh. But I know once I start losing weight it will all fall into place. I just need to make it out of surgery alive. lol. My mom has surgery on Monday and I am bringing her in. I have my pre-op that day so after that I'll wait around for her. In a way I'm more nervous about having her go before me because now I'll see exactly what I'm in for.

Well I've got to get ready for my tv show premieres! I LOVE "The Office" and "Grey's Anatomy". Can't wait!!!

Keep on chugging everyone!

Chris